I want men's point of view on this.....

Buffalo

Reaction score
I have been wearing slacks since I started high school. Back in college, I wore slacks. One hot summer day, I decided it would be better for me to wear a summer dress than slacks(I don't think it is proper to wear shorts to classes). All of the sudden the guys were more attentive to me, starting to talk to me.

I read somewhere that men would protect women when the women are more vulnerable. That is the problem I have with it. Men aren't always going to be with their woman all the time. They have to go to work, etc. Why men want women to be feminine by wearing dress? Why aren't men happy that I am wearing slacks to protect myself? I think it is harder for a man to rape a woman in slacks than if she is wearing a dress.

I don't know that men prefer dresses. Dresses tend to give a woman more opportunity to express her personality than slacks do. Slacks can be kinda plain. Perhaps men were paying more attention because your dress showed a side of your personality that they had not seen before.

Women with dress turn me on. I have seen a lot of American women wear slacks/jeans/pants than skirt/dress compares to Europe/Latin American/Asian women.

I was one that never encouraged my ex to dress to any level to achieve a higher attractiveness. just shirt, shorts, and sandals made me happy. Of course there are events or activities that require more formal dress such as out of respect when you go to church. Dresses are approprate there as are suits for men in church. I don't think she ever wore dress unless we were going to church.

My thought on this is if suddenly after wearing a dress they receive more attention from guys- then they are likely shallow men. Why wouldn't they recognize you, your personality and not soley based on your dress code. I agree its natural to want to look nice. I wear khaki shorts, collard golf shirt, and sandals nearly every place I go (except for work of course)

what the heck is slack?

LOL i know what you are talking about. I am a jeanie person, like i love to wear, jean pants, jeanie shorts, jeanie skirt. I do like summer dress but i like jeanie more! lol

Isn't it true that when women wear pretty, frilly, colorful summer dresses, or any dress....it shows her feminine side moreso than slacks/jeans do?

I do believe that dresses on a woman is more attractive to men than slacks or jeans.

You should do whatever makes you feel happy and safe. Don't worry about what SOME men will think. Most of it is subjective anyway.

women still wear that? what a foreign concept to me!

:lol:

Slacks are for both genders and you working in NYC should be seeing millions of both genders wearing slacks everyday.

what the heck is slack?

Slack is a rodeo event for non-qualifiers...... It's a way to qualify for the main event later in the week. Also held if there is an overflow of contestants

Slacks are for both genders and you working in NYC should be seeing millions of both genders wearing slacks everyday.

they wear skirts/dress :)

what the heck is slack?

A slack is someone who cant finish anything on time so women have to wear them down so they can finish what they started.

Back