I think I did the right thing

i have a friend who's a cop and they dont even bother arresting people who are high because they're usually paranoid, therefore making them act more careful.
being in possession is a different story though. so go ahead and call the cops! you won't have anything on me cause i have 8 years worth of a clean driving record

i could run my point to the ends of earth and i know it wont get across to you guys cause you're set in your ways which i can understand. but think outside of the box, nobody's ever been hurt by marijuana yet we have laws that allow people to drink alcohol which has been proved to trigger negative things whereas marijuana doesn't. AND if anything ever happened while a person's high its ALWAYS because they're also under the influence on other things which speaks for itself.

It wasn't because she's high. It's because she's driving intoxicated.

Duh?

I live in fucking San Francisco, you think I don't know about weed?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

If I see you on the road driving while you are high. Then expect me to call the cop and wait for them to caught up with ya. sorry u can go mad at me but that doesnt bother me at bit.

Doesn't bother me either. Drug users usually get really defensive, anyways.

Yes, don't get me wrong compLicated,
but have you ever been to downtown SF?

Being high and driving there isn't a good thing. The roads are steep, there are often huge mounds and hills that you have to drive over and under. It isn't just NY, it's NY with terrain abuse. I don't think someone high could possibly drive safely in SF, yet alone park somewhere, anywhere from Richmond to Berkeley to Sausalito. It's hell, you should take a tour trip to go see it sometime. Just imagining someone driving completely high on there is like a recipe ticket to hell.

15xwo4w.jpg

This is hard to evaluate for me.. since I do not know the personalities of either parties spoken. Neither do you, aside from Shawn's stance. But for the sake of general census, and safety of the population, I would presume Shawn did the right thing just as well as any other upstanding citizen would do (without the afterthoughts).

i concur. although i do admit, i stand based on the assumption that shawn doesn't really know this girl well since he mentioned he's never seen her stoned and also on the assumption of the fact of her going out of her way just for him to see her high is simply juvenile.

Yeah, it's not about smoking weed. It's about driving under the influence and being a danger to others.

i concur. although i do admit, i stand based on the assumption that shawn doesn't really know this girl well since he mentioned he's never seen her stoned and also on the assumption of the fact of her going out of her way just for him to see her high is simply juvenile.

So if she can't walk straight, she's not stoned enough for you? :roll:

haha you're a joke. this is obviously a subject you don't understand. like i said there are many aspects to it and if she can't handle her weed then she's not a true stoner and is just doing it for attention.

You're funny. You might want to go talk to a few people who are incarcerated for vehicular homicide about the topic. All of them, at one time too, thought they could drive perfectly well after they had gotten high, or injested what ever substance they preferred. "I can handle it" are the famous last words of someone whose judgement is so impaired that they, quite obviously, can't be trusted to make that judgement, at all. Its a shame you don't have a friend as caring and selfless as Shawn. Perhaps they could save you from yourself.

You're funny. You might want to go talk to a few people who are incarcerated for vehicular homicide about the topic. All of them, at one time too, thought they could drive perfectly well after they had gotten high, or injested what ever substance they preferred. "I can handle it" are the famous last words of someone whose judgement is so impaired that they, quite obviously, can't be trusted to make that judgement, at all. Its a shame you don't have a friend as caring and selfless as Shawn. Perhaps they could save you from yourself.

Aw <3

Yeah, it's not about smoking weed. It's about driving under the influence and being a danger to others.

okay... its a PROVEN fact that people who drive under the influence of marijuana are MUCH MORE safer based on the simple fact they're more paranoid which makes them end up being more attentive to whats going on around them.

<3 ? <confused>

A person who uses drugs is getting really defensive (as drug users usually do). It doesn't bother me, it just goes to show how using drugs can make you incredibly selfish.

****I have plenty of friends who smoke weed, and do not drive. I have no problem with that.

okay... its a PROVEN fact that people who drive under the influence of marijuana are MUCH MORE safer based on the simple fact they're more paranoid which makes them end up being more attentive to whats going on around them.

Um, that's the biggest load of crap I have ever heard. Prove it, and thanks for the laugh.

What are you smokin'? It's against the LAW to drive under the influence.

thats the assumption based on experiences with drunk drivers whereas its a proven fact that marijuana users are more sensible and aware of their capabilities, proof in which i refer to the article i posted earlier.

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/Misc/driving/dot78_1d.htm
Very importantly, our city driving study showed that drivers who drank alcohol over-estimated their performance quality whereas those who smoked marijuana under-estimated it. Perhaps as a consequence, the former invested no special effort for accomplishing the task whereas the latter did, and successfully. This evidence strongly suggests that alcohol encourages risky driving whereas THC encourages greater caution, at least in experiments. Another way THC seems to differ qualitatively from many other drugs is that the former users seem better able to compensate for its adverse effects while driving under the influence.

what about all the people driving out there on vicodin? other prescription drugs? that would indiciate the same sort of driving style as a drunk driver..

thats the assumption based on experiences with drunk drivers whereas its a proven fact that marijuana users are more sensible and aware of their capabilities, proof in which i refer to the article i posted earlier.

Care to show me empirical proof of that? If you are going to offer proven fact, you have to be able to back it up. And, sorry, your website doesn't do that. You are going to have to show me empirical evidence that smoking weed does not slow reaction times.

The Effects of Marijuana

The effects on each person depend on the user's experience, as well as:
how strong the marijuana is (how much THC it has);
what the user expects to happen;
where (the place) the drug is used;
how it is taken; and
whether the user is drinking alcohol or using other drugs.

Some people feel nothing at all when they smoke marijuana. Others may feel relaxed or high. Sometimes it makes users feel thirsty and very hungry - an effect called "the munchies." Some users suffer bad effects from marijuana. They may suffer sudden feelings of anxiety and have paranoid thoughts. This is more likely to happen when a more potent variety of marijuana is used.

If someone is high on marijuana, he or she might
seem dizzy and have trouble walking;
seem silly and giggly for no reason;
have very red, bloodshot eyes; and
have a hard time remembering things that just happened.
When the early effects fade, over a few hours, the user can become very sleepy.

The short-term side effects of marijuana include:
problems with memory and learning;
distorted perception (sights, sounds, time, touch);
trouble with thinking and problem-solving;
loss of coordination; and
increased heart rate, anxiety.

These effects are even greater when other drugs are mixed with the marijuana; and users do not always know what drugs are given to them.

Yeah, just what I want... Someone tokin' Mary Jane behind the wheel of car... No thanks. :roll:

<3 ? <confused>

<3 is ascii art for a heart. In internet lingo, <3 refers as a way of saying thanks, or you can use it to say "i heart you" ( <3 you ) or just love someone in general. It can go from jokes to serious.

Back