I think I did the right thing

SFShawn13

Reaction score
I didn't know where else to put this. Long story short: One of my friends was driving high and I called the cops on her. She is pissed off at me and some other people said I did the wrong thing, but I don't think so. She was driving high. I guess I just need some opinions, but I mean, I don't think what I did was wrong??

Did your friend actually get caught and was it confirmed that she was under the influence of drugs?

Maybe when she sobers up and get cleaned up she will truly see you are her friend that cared. While the others are just letting her know it is OK to D.U.I.

The other friends is enabling her to do so. She will keep on until she hurts herself or worst kill someone else in an accident.

You did the right thing.

Who cares what ppl think..

do what you have to do.. if you think this is right thing to do then good job..

Everyone have their point of views what is right and what is wrong..

I didn't know where else to put this. Long story short: One of my friends was driving high and I called the cops on her. She is pissed off at me and some other people said I did the wrong thing, but I don't think so. She was driving high. I guess I just need some opinions, but I mean, I don't think what I did was wrong??

No. You did the right thing. She was putting herself and others in danger of her irresponsibility.

shawn - if she's a fuck up and this is how she does it all the time.... FUCK NO YOU AIN'T WRONG. trust me - losing her friendship is lot better than visiting her grave. at least you can rest assured with your conscience that no lives have been lost.

Oh man! U did the right thing..u probably saved yours and others' lives. If your friends dont support you, then they probably arent true friends.

Sometimes it is best to lose a friendship than to lose a friend to death.

Take comfort knowing that you didn't enable your friend and endangered others.

Yes, you did what I would have done too. Both to friends and family.

My wife did the same thing to one of our daughters for driving drunk. She was angry for a long time, but now she leads a sober life and is no longer angry with her mother.

Shawn.. ya did the right thing, no matter what.... I would have informed the cops about the drugs or drinking of the person that I know was driving and etc... best to be safe than sorry and save more lives with that...

You know it was the right thing to do. What if she had crashed and killed herself, or worse still, killed someone else? You are brave enough to care more about herself than she does.

Thanks you guys I appreciate it. I just needed some validation, lol.

If it was me that was your friend, of course, at first I would be angry, shocked and betrayed.

It's the most natural feeling in the world. You're thinking only of yourself as an addict/user. You want to have the high and not worry about others.

Yes, you did the right thing. :hug: Believe me, I would rather have myself arrested if I was driving drunk than killing a person.

Shawn,

How did she know you were the one that called and reported her?

Did you tell her or what?

Shawn,

How did she know you were the one that called and reported her?

Did you tell her or what?

Well I got out of class and had a text from her saying "U wanted to C me high come meet me at ____." So I did, because I had never seen her high. And we "talked" (as well as you can talk with a high person) and then I asked her how she got to school and she told me she DROVE. And she was still reaaaaaaallly high. I told her I would have called the cops on her, and that if she was going to still drive while high I would call the police. But she laughed and thought I was joking but I was very serious (obviously lol). She got in her car (there is a parking lot next to the building we met by) and drove, and I called the police. She should know I don't play, yo!

And thanks to everyone else for the comments, it makes me feel better. lol i am lame.

You probably will lose your friend because she was arrested for a permanent record. It was a very difficult decision for you, but it is better than sorry. She would have killed someone on the road, and you would have had a nightmare so now it is over so far no accident. You should be relief. It is really no excuse for her being so high which no meaning for a true friendship.

You probably will lose your friend because she was arrested for a permanent record. It was a very difficult decision for you, but it is better than sorry. She would have killed someone on the road, and you would have had a nightmare so now it is over so far no accident. You should be relief. It is really no excuse for her being so high which no meaning for a true friendship.

That's the thing, it wasn't difficult for me, I think this is the 3rd time I have reported an intoxicated driver this past year. lol, that should have told her something! I know she's pissed at me right now, hopefully being sober will giver her some perspective. I don't mind she smokes, but while driving? nuh uh. And you're very right, someone could have died/been hurt b/c of her selfishness.

Back