I need job so bad...

Where I live, we only got 2 counselors for the deaf. One is deaf oral and signs. The other one is hearing who has a Deaf brother.

They always directed me to them, and if the last one I had was out of town or whatever, they would tell me to wait for her when I had no choice to wait for her. They have a paper that says if you cannot get in contact with your counselor you can get another one on duty to help, but no, they are just adamant about giving you someone else. That is, until you complain to the supervisor or go in there. They really take advantage of you on the TTY.

I am not very happy that there are only 2 counselors for people with hearing problems. They need to increase it to assist more people. No wonder I had to dump both of them and they always use that they are busy when they do not answer you for weeks until you remind them.

One person or 2 does not work good enough.

Now I have one that probably has no relation to deafness, but so what? All I want is someone who listens to me, and I'll explain to them what I need.

Zericsrats said:
Twice I apply Walmart. It wont hire me....HUH?
PetsMart was new build I want job there. Boss say that are you deaf? I say yes. Boss say well. I cant take you job here. cuz you cant hear when I call you...

I am so upset....

Sue his ASS! he cant do that... It's against the law to not hire people cuz he's discriminating them... I have several friends that works at Walmart... it doesnt matter whether if ur deaf or not.

or u can simply tell him, ok, since u wont hire me cuz I cant hear. I'll go to ADA and tell them what u did, and u'd get in trouble for that. that'd freak him out and give u interivew and maybe get u job at his store or other area nearby you.

~Kiz

Zericsrats said:
You was right. I really need the inpeterer (Not right spell) I have to pay? They told me that. I would like take inperter come with me talk to her...DAMN...

the place you go to, they have to pay for interpreter for u to be able to talk to them thru interpreter. like at dentist, doctor, even at interview at the places u applied to, etc. No deaf people pay for interpreter. unless they want to hire interpreter full time and stay with them nearly 24/7 like a caretaker, or something. U probably have to pay for it. I doubt it, lol. I dont think any deafies have their own interpreter that they take the person everywhere with them.

had the similar problem....when I was on phone with a person from Biomet USA (plasma donation center) When I asked some questions I needed to know, then she said are you deaf...I said yes, then she said I can't get donations from deaf people. I got pissed off and went to deaf center which is not far from my place, and they called them up and talked with the manager or something and said that was the desk person (a person who takes the calls and do paperworks) She was wrong, cuz she thought most deaf people can't read and write!!! I can read and write, cuz of medical forms to fill out, that's nothing. What's wrong with her brain, the manager, he said I'm still welcome to go there, but I said I can go there....besides, I am not gonna show up there cuz of what she said to me, so they will realize that they will lose a donor cuz of discrimination. It's a weird discrimination I've ever heard, from a donation center? Geez!

Zericsrats said:
Twice I apply Walmart. It wont hire me....HUH?
PetsMart was new build I want job there. Boss say that are you deaf? I say yes. Boss say well. I cant take you job here. cuz you cant hear when I call you...

I am so upset....

I think you should go to State of NV and find EEO department or Rehabilitation Division, and explain to an agent about your situation. I am sure that they will help you seriously. Just keep in your mind - wear nice and normal clothes before you meet the agent at the office. Try not to be 'too angry' otherwise they think that you are crazy unless you feel something is not right about the agent. I don't know you. O.K. Good luck!

Note: ADA has nothing to do with finding a job. The EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) is that where you are looking for...

How about working for the state?
http://www.dop.nv.gov/joblist.html
http://www.nvdetr.org/nerc/NERC_index.htm
http://www.pronetreno.com/
http://detr.state.nv.us/nerc/nerc_forms.htm

Last edited:
Well if WalMart wont hire the deaf, then why did they hire mentally challenged people?? At my WalMart, there are some mentally challenged people working there as janitors!...so they cant be discriminating against the handicapped....mmm something is wrong here...... :dunno:

VamPyroX said:
There should be some easy-to-get jobs down there such as Walmart, Target, or Best Buy.

I highly disagree....it's not easy to get jobs....it's not true...have applied hundred of times and they shit on me. Getting a job depends on luck.

The VR had its budget cut so that is why they arent helping as good as they used to i quit working with the VR and went to a another agency. and boom a few job interviews.

Defee said:
then why did they hire mentally challenged people??

Walmart, a conservative corporation, prefers the 'paternalized disabled' as their employees.

('paternalized disabled' meaning disabled people who are usually under conservatorship or heavily dependent on others like parents, grandparents, or guardians)

They wont hire any disabled who are independent or emancipated.

Richard

Castleman said:
The VR had its budget cut so that is why they arent helping as good as they used to i quit working with the VR and went to a another agency. and boom a few job interviews.

Really? Why?

Nesmuth said:
Walmart, a conservative corporation, prefers the 'paternalized disabled' as their employees.

('paternalized disabled' meaning disabled people who are usually under conservatorship or heavily dependent on others like parents, grandparents, or guardians)

They wont hire any disabled who are independent or emancipated.

Richard
Oh ok thanks for the enlightenment...i understand why now why they hire only mentally challenged people..I know there are no deaf hired there at my
hometown Walmart..but it is still not right.

Defee said:
Oh ok thanks for the enlightenment...i understand why now why they hire only mentally challenged people..I know there are no deaf hired there at my
hometown Walmart..but it is still not right.

I don't believe there are possible for walmart to hired if somebody is also deaf.. I have few deaf friends who works at wal mart.. maybe your area had experience with a deaf before who is laziness and don't want to have a another deaf so i don't know.. you will have to ask them why they didn't hired you at the first place.

CoolieFroggie said:
I don't believe there are possible for walmart to hired if somebody is also deaf.. I have few deaf friends who works at wal mart.. maybe your area had experience with a deaf before who is laziness and don't want to have a another deaf so i don't know.. you will have to ask them why they didn't hired you at the first place.
Well i dont know why they never hired any deaf people...I never applied for a job there, it was my friend who has applied for the job at WM several times and never was hired, not even an interview! I asked this guy(hearing) i know who works at WM if they ever hired any deaf, he said no! but they do hire mentally challenged!...weird!

Defee said:
Well i dont know why they never hired any deaf people...I never applied for a job there, it was my friend who has applied for the job at WM several times and never was hired, not even an interview! I asked this guy(hearing) i know who works at WM if they ever hired any deaf, he said no! but they do hire mentally challenged!...weird!

well if they hired mentally, you will have something to do with it.. you would have to face the manager, cuz Manager have no right to brush you off cuz your deaf... Mentally is also disblield *sp?* If the manager at the wal mart don't know nothing about Ada, they will be in deep trouble if they don't follow the ada laws...

CoolieFroggie said:
well if they hired mentally, you will have something to do with it.. you would have to face the manager, cuz Manager have no right to brush you off cuz your deaf... Mentally is also disblield *sp?* If the manager at the wal mart don't know nothing about Ada, they will be in deep trouble if they don't follow the ada laws...
Well, i never applied for the job there cuz i do have a job already. Its just one of my friends who cant get a job at WM..pissed her off..Well about ADA law, they ARE hiring disabled but not deaf..she will have to talk to the manager herself i guess but that was a year ago and she is now working somewhere else...I just know WM here does not have any deaf employees is all.

The only thing that I really cannot understand why people work for Walmart. I read many terrible stories about locking up the employees at the store, undercut salary, etc. They are required to sign a contract in order to strip their rights because the corporation did not want to lose its profits and prevent them from lawsuits.

Two examples - an employee had a heart attack in the store at night, and the employees cannot bring him out of the store because all doors are locked. They have to phone their boss (only one boss who carry a master key) to come over and unlock the door. He is survived at the hospital. 2nd story, somehow a woman fall down from a shelf during her 2nd shift. She crawled on the floor and phoned her boss to get her out of building. These people cannot sue the company because of the contract. That's why the president is very smart.

I do not buy anything at Walmart because this corporation is too greedy Many other stores went bankrupt. I am shamed that they are working for the company. I wish that they should give up, and work other normal company. Please think about it. (I know it is not that easy, but you really need to protect your rights.)

From Dusk till Dawn?

Walmart sets the example of a semi-sheltered workshop type of environment. They show picture perfect ads featuring a yellow ball with a smile on it rolling back on prices when in actuality rolling back on American worker rights.

Heard they built a store in Mexico over ancient ruins and things could happen there which reminds me of the movie called From Dusk Till Dawn. I hope it does and hope it goes all the way up the corporate ladder because i dont care any less for the hicks that run the company!

Richard

Zericsrats said:
What the hell with VR was slow. And I call her again and again have no answer. I really anger at VR...

Maybe you need to give VR a rim job... :gives:

Back