I need job so bad...

R

RatPirate

I am living in las vegas, nv. No one hire me damn it... I am search for job at two years ago. What the matter to people??? :thumbd:

Zericsrats said:
I am living in las vegas, nv. No one hire me damn it... I am search for job at two years ago. What the matter to people??? :thumbd:
I didn't mean to sound nosy. When the last time you have job?

Where have you tried looking? Maybe, you're looking in the wrong places. :dunno:

What kind of job are you seeking?

Have you tried Voc Rehab, Employment Office or jobs seeking websites?

Whoaaaa. Las Vegas has supposedly the lowest unemployment rate in the USA.
Sounds like you need HELP, and I am sure there is help out there for you.
What kind of work are you seeking?
Depending on the kind of work you want, it works an awfully lot if you APPROACH the person doing the hiring, be it manager, owner, etc., and explain the situation and your willingness to work hard.
You would be surprised at the response you get, I betcha.
Good luck, and keep us updated!

There should be some easy-to-get jobs down there such as Walmart, Target, or Best Buy.

VamPyroX said:
There should be some easy-to-get jobs down there such as Walmart, Target, or Best Buy.

But, They do not pay enough there through Maybe he is looking for something with a good Paying Job....Jobs Like good paying isn't easy to find those days.

True.
The Bushlovers try to make us think the economy is "booming" and millions of jobs were created, blah blah...
But ya notice how MOST of the new jobs are low-paying McJobs???

Cheri said:
But, They do not pay enough there through Maybe he is looking for something with a good Paying Job....Jobs Like good paying isn't easy to find those days.
Why don't you try going through an employment agency or a temp agency. There's a good one that I went through once... Adecco. Their URL is:

http://www.adecco.com

Simply do a search for your area and if there's one, you can find the office and get a job there. They usually ask you about your qualifications and then give you several tests to see where you stand. I went there and tested for my typing speed. Since I was over 10,000 ksph, they got me a job at AT&T headquarters and JCPenny headquarters. :thumb:

VamPyroX said:
Why don't you try going through an employment agency or a temp agency. There's a good one that I went through once... Adecco. Their URL is:

http://www.adecco.com

Simply do a search for your area and if there's one, you can find the office and get a job there. They usually ask you about your qualifications and then give you several tests to see where you stand. I went there and tested for my typing speed. Since I was over 10,000 ksph, they got me a job at AT&T headquarters and JCPenny headquarters. :thumb:

Area Temps are like that and I did got a job working in a Factory and it did pay Good. 8.00 An hour wasn't bad to start with.

Cheri said:
Area Temps are like that and I did got a job working in a Factory and it did pay Good. 8.00 An hour wasn't bad to start with.
When I worked at AT&T and JCPenney, I was paid $11 an hour. They also pay time and half for overtime. There was a couple of times when they asked us to come in and work longer so that they could catch up on orders. During those times, I worked 50 hours instead of the usual 40. That got me $605 instead of $440 for those weeks! :eek:

VamPyroX said:
When I worked at AT&T and JCPenney, I was paid $11 an hour. They also pay time and half for overtime. There was a couple of times when they asked us to come in and work longer so that they could catch up on orders. During those times, I worked 50 hours instead of the usual 40. That got me $605 instead of $440 for those weeks! :eek:

how come u don't work for them anymore? U could have took me out to a nice Resturant with a paycheck like that heh!

Cheri said:
how come u don't work for them anymore? U could have took me out to a nice Resturant with a paycheck like that heh!
The AT&T job laid me off cuz they couldn't afford to keep me. I was called in on an emergency because they needed someone who could type over 10,000 ksph. The computer programs that they used processes entries up to 10,000 ksph so no matter how fast above 10,000 kpsh I type, the computer will still process me as 10,000. So, if they had two people who could type 11,000 ksph and 12,000 ksph... the computer will still look at us the same. Anyway, they hired this gal who could type 10,000 ksph and she worked for $6 an hour so they kept her and let me go since I was working for nearly twice what she was working for. As for JCPenney, I was also called in on an emergency. The previous worker left the job before he could finish his duties so I came in to replace him until their official scheduled replacement came in. That's when I left. Around that time I left, I was already in the process of getting myself accepted to RIT so I couldn't commit to working those jobs any more. Sorry babe! :(

Getting jobs in LV is tougher than expected. You are not only one that complain about the lack of employment in LV. I have heard alot from LV deafies for years. VR is not much of help either. Try temporary agencies, looking jobs on classified AD newspapers, or Monster.com. I don't plan to seek job in LV since I have been lived here on and off for 8 years plus I recently graduated from San Francisco State University last May. My friends want me to replace Harriett at VR dept, but I told them I am not interested in getting jobs in LV.

My goal is to seek job somewhere in East Coast where I grew up over there.

I wish you good luck with searching for jobs in Las Vegas.

10,000 ksph

How much is that in words per minute (wpm?) I can type 45 wpm or more. I don't know what is ksph? Perhaps, you're from another country or is that something entirely I have no clue about?

I went to a temporary agency about 2 weeks ago. I contacted the consultant and he said that he saw one, but it required a phone and that he would keep checking in new ones coming in. I have been unemployed for almost 1 month and a half. Granted, I haven't gone around filling out applications because I am picky about where to work. I applied for Wal-Mart, but they never called me back after they requested my name and telephone number. I went there in person instead of calling the person because you never know if they'd judge you, you know? We know that discrimation is very wrong, but we'll sometimes never know that it is the case unless they say "we can't hire deaf people," you know?

I am thinking of trying another temp agency. One that my mom tried years ago and they gave her jobs all the time. I went to the temp agency from 2 weeks ago last year, but it seems that the lady was not interested in me...dunno if it's my clothes or that I was dressed better instead of plain Jane this time. More money would be nice which they pay around 8 dollars through the agency. I am also picky about working too far more than 30 minutes from where I live.

HelloKittyGal said:
How much is that in words per minute (wpm?) I can type 45 wpm or more. I don't know what is ksph? Perhaps, you're from another country or is that something entirely I have no clue about?

I went to a temporary agency about 2 weeks ago. I contacted the consultant and he said that he saw one, but it required a phone and that he would keep checking in new ones coming in. I have been unemployed for almost 1 month and a half. Granted, I haven't gone around filling out applications because I am picky about where to work. I applied for Wal-Mart, but they never called me back after they requested my name and telephone number. I went there in person instead of calling the person because you never know if they'd judge you, you know? We know that discrimation is very wrong, but we'll sometimes never know that it is the case unless they say "we can't hire deaf people," you know?

I am thinking of trying another temp agency. One that my mom tried years ago and they gave her jobs all the time. I went to the temp agency from 2 weeks ago last year, but it seems that the lady was not interested in me...dunno if it's my clothes or that I was dressed better instead of plain Jane this time. More money would be nice which they pay around 8 dollars through the agency. I am also picky about working too far more than 30 minutes from where I live.
"ksph" is "key strokes per hour". 12,000 ksph divided by 60 minutes equals 200 wpm. ;)

Meg said:
What kind of job are you seeking?

Have you tried Voc Rehab, Employment Office or jobs seeking websites?

Yes I did... I have twice train from Libaray and Vet. Now it went very slow. I am really anger. I did told her I want job quick. She say Ok I will. It lied to me...

VamPyroX said:

Twice I apply Walmart. It wont hire me....HUH?
PetsMart was new build I want job there. Boss say that are you deaf? I say yes. Boss say well. I cant take you job here. cuz you cant hear when I call you...

I am so upset....

Back