I like a deaf girl

Thanks for all the info.. It really helps. Tomorrow if shes at school im gonna just talk to her after class.. I might just write her a note on my phone and let her read it and see where it goes.. If i do write it down as you said do i just give it to her and go like middle school lol or is she supost to read and respond there? Were in a class at a community college and we only have 1 class together. I hope shes in school tomorrow so i can just talk to her. It ruins my day when she dosent walk in and look at me :-(

If you write out a note - you just go up to her, say "hi" (wave a bit) ... then give the note to her so she can keep it.
Write the note so that it doesn't require an immediate response - ie in the note say you'd like to get to know her, give her your contact info and then sign off with something like "have a great day, see you next class" or something ...

If she looks at the note right away and the says/indicates with a gesture that you should wait (for her to write something) then wait - otherwise just count to about 5, then smile wave "bye".

Generally - giving her a note that she can keep is much better than typing something on your phone, because it means not only can she hold onto it, but also it lets her know that she could write YOU a note and give it to you before/after class sometime. Also, keep in mind that while cell phones are great because they allow easy communication (type it, hand it to them etc) it's also a bit "intimate" for some people ... because they don't know if they should/are suppose to type back to you (it's your phone) and they may not be familiar with that phone - so even if they want to type back, they might not know how (or be afraid to look stupid by asking how to etc) ... while pen&paper is "old fashioned" and low tech - it also has some advantages over using a phone to type messages, espeically initially when you're just meeting each other and might be self-conscious etc.

You'll do fine - just be yourself, be polite and you'll do ok :)

Thanks Anij and friends... now she didn't come today either but her interpreters where waiting for her today but no show... Should I ask her interpreter about her or tell her whats on my mind lol, that iv said hi to her before but we I didnt get a change to say all I wanted? maybe she will put in a good word ??

Thanks Anij and friends... now she didn't come today either but her interpreters where waiting for her today but no show... Should I ask her interpreter about her or tell her whats on my mind lol, that iv said hi to her before but we I didnt get a change to say all I wanted? maybe she will put in a good word ??

I'd suggest communicating directly with the girl and not the interpreters.

If the girl is there and you talk to the girl and the interpreters "voice" what the girl signs, and signs what you say... that's entirely different - that's speaking to the girl through the interpreters ... that's completely fine - it's what the interpreters are there for!!
However it's not ok to talk to the interpreter about the girl (if the girl's not there etc) past saying "do you know if _______ is going to be here today, I've missed seeing her" ... that's about as much as would be appropriate.

As difficult as it might be, wait until the girl gets back to class - then you can ask her how she's been etc yourself ;)

Interpreters are meant to be (for the most part) invisible, or at least as translucent as possible.

They have to remain professional, and aren't allowed (due to professional rules, ethics etc) to give out personal information, or discuss their clients (ie talk about the girl) with others.

The role of an ASL/English Interpreter is strictly to :

1) Translate whatever the Hoh/Deaf/SI person saying in ASL, into spoken English - so the non-signers/hearing people know what is being said in ASL.

2) Translate whatever is said in Spoken English into ASL - so the ASL users (Hoh/Deaf/SI) know what is being said in spoken English.

3) If they are interpreting for a Hoh/Deaf ASL user, they also are responsible for informing the Hoh/Deaf person of various room/ambient noises etc, as well as a few other more "minor" things which vary depending on the setting etc.

The interpreter is a language facilitator ... but they're not meant to become "involved" personally (although some interpreters are good friends with their clients ... still "business, is business" and it's paramount that Interpreters be professional at all times.

As such, it's not really appropriate for the interpreter to chat about the girl they interpret for ... there is a confidentiality agreement that has to be upheld etc - they certainly can't say something like "oh, I think she thinks your cute", or "oh, ya you should ask her out" etc. In fact they can't (shouldn't) even tell you if she's single, married, what her last name is, etc ... even if they know - because the information isn't "theirs to share"

I hope that helps!!

BTW - I don't want to to sound like interpreters are "stuffy" of anything like that ... My interpreters have almost always been really friendly, helpful, awesome people - it's just that as professionals they have (just like doctors etc) codes, rules etc that they have to follow for the benefit and protection of everyone involved.

thanks.. No i understand the interpreter is to keep it professional, not there to hook up students lol.. hopefully she comes to class someday and I will talk to her.. And thanks for the advice . Let you know how it all goes.

Hearing guys can't have deaf chicks. :lol:

Not all deaf girls are big fan of hearing guys, because they are not dumb. Most hearing guys think deaf chicks are easy to get laid....well good luck!

OK turns out she came to school today yay. bad part is I didn't have my note ready and didn't want to walk up and just star a conversation because she was busy from missing a few days. So tomorrow I will hopefully give her a note and see how it goes.

well I gave her a note today and she text me back and I did her. I hope we can continue to talk and see where it goes. Thanks for the tips everyone

well I gave her a note today and she text me back and I did her. I hope we can continue to talk and see where it goes. Thanks for the tips everyone

Sounds great - I'm sure you'll enjoy getting to know each other.

Glad we were able to help out a bit ... feel free to PM me if you have any questions I might be able to help with (that you don't want posted publicly)

lol you match first to process your step love girl then your not fast rush
because maybe you ask AD's or member i guess you ask question answer good lucky

I'm not in a rush LOL. I've only dated hearing girls, most deaf girls that I know are either too immature or I'm not attracted to them or both. Meh!

Yea I'm a sophomore, lovin' every minute of it. Where do you go?

At
gif.latex

How about you? I'm also at sophomore-year ish.

it's not only math. It's also physics and chemistry, if you dare taking a crack at it. :P

I'm John..., Am Totally single and searching..I was
searching Through Some Profiles while I came Across Yours, It
Seems Nice To Me...I was Intrigued when I read Your Profile..I
Hope you are doing Great Today and Your Day went as You have
always wished...This is more about me::I'm OpenMinded, Caring,
Respectful,Easy Going, Compassionate, Tender Loving,
Affectionate,Trust Worthy, Honest and God Fearing..
Am looking forward to meet an Intelligent, Honest, Caring,
Faithful, loving Affectionate, loyal and understanding Woman.
Write back and let embark on a journey of blissful pleasure,
companionship, friendship, growth, love, and beautiful Moments
... I would Like to Know more about you!!!...I want you to pls
and get back to me on my contact email address johnjamesjj@yahoo.com so that i can
write to you directly and tell you all about me and also to send
you some pics of me as well.Hope to hear back from you soon.

I'm John..., Am Totally single and searching..I was
searching Through Some Profiles while I came Across Yours, It
Seems Nice To Me...I was Intrigued when I read Your Profile..I
Hope you are doing Great Today and Your Day went as You have
always wished...This is more about me::I'm OpenMinded, Caring,
Respectful,Easy Going, Compassionate, Tender Loving,
Affectionate,Trust Worthy, Honest and God Fearing..
Am looking forward to meet an Intelligent, Honest, Caring,
Faithful, loving Affectionate, loyal and understanding Woman.
Write back and let embark on a journey of blissful pleasure,
companionship, friendship, growth, love, and beautiful Moments
... I would Like to Know more about you!!!...I want you to pls
and get back to me on my contact email address johnjamesjj@yahoo.com so that i can
write to you directly and tell you all about me and also to send
you some pics of me as well.Hope to hear back from you soon.

First thing first....clean up your language and format before you have anyone else who want to contact you.

Back