I just got my first pair of hearing aids

Jubes

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else had a hard time adjusting to hearing aids. I'm getting headaches and it just seems so hard to focus. I thought it would make everything easier but its just a new kind of difficult.

It will take time to get used to it. Might need adjustments here and there after using it for couple of weeks. I would advise to stick with it for short while.

Welcome and good luck! :)

When did your headache start? If it lasts more than a month, I suggest you contact an audiologist. They may be a bit too loud. If you also experience fatigue, that means your brain is working so hard to process new sounds with your new hearing aids. It happens to me every time I get new hearing aids. You can take short breaks. After that, headaches and fatigue will go away.

Thanks! I’m on week two of having them and I get the headaches after wearing them for 7+ hours. I find I’m sooo tired and could sleep for hours too!

So cool that I found this site. I’m the only person I know with hearing aids so it’s nice have people to talk too.

I understand that feeling. They tend to make you sleepy. It's common. It is ok to take short break for 1-2 hours, and then you put them back on.

I am sure you will meet people with hearing aids in person someday. I've been wearing them since I was a toddler. My first hearing aids were bulky and boxes. I wore them across my chest with straps.

Your brain waves would have to get used to the new hearing aid you own. Sometimes it can be an issue if something doesn't work. Maybe they are on too loud perhaps? Hearing Aids are so expensive and stupid. It should be free, to begin with. Medicare can pay for it but only every 4 years and it's absurd how clinics don't carry certain brands you want and they claim they don't carry it and you're stuck finding another place purchasing a hearing aid elsewhere to get the best digital aid you need to communicate in the society. Some people just flat out rather just skip the hearing aid route and accept their deafness. It's okay to have a hearing aid though. Just make sure hearing people know just because you wear a hearing aid doesn't mean you are 100 percent hearing.

Curious, you wear ear mold(s) or just dome style inner ear mold(s) and what company is your HA?

It takes time to get used to the hearing aids. Don't be surprised or feel bad if it takes a couple of trips to get them adjusted, as well. You may not like how it feels at first, and that's okay. It's just your brain trying to get used to something that's different. Eventually, you will find a comfort level of hearing and you will get used to your hearing aids.

Back