I have a NEW DOG!!

Remember if you have problems putting them up, you can email them to me and I will do it for you, like I did Finlay. :)

Thank you Bottesini!! I was thinking of asking you if you would mind helping me again. I will email my daughter and see when she can send me the photos. I think I have your email address on my list. I found your email adress and send you 2 photos of Marty!

Last edited:
Here is Marty!

dq6691_th.jpg

2012150_th.jpg

Very cute!

Aw, great pictures!! FWIW, he looks all poodle to me. Sometimes people really don't know what poodles look like underneath all the fancy haircuts they might be wearing. He looks like a nice sized miniature. (I just re-read the posts above and you thought he was a toy. Is he over 10" tall at the shoulder? If he's under 10", he's a toy. If 10" or more, he's a mini. Looks to me like he's maybe 11" or 12", is that about right? Hard to tell from a picture sometimes.)

I keep Pippin in a similar cut in the summer, just clipped down very short all over, plus I trim his muzzle into the expected poodle look, i.e., VERY closely clipped. It helps to see if he should get a tick or something when his hair is kept cut short. Plus I think it's a nice athletic look.

Yay, Marty! Handsome dog, and it sounds like you two are quickly forming a bond.

So two different opinions as to whether he's all poodle or not right off the bat! ;-)

I'm guessing all poodle. Looks just like my guys when they are in their summer crew-cuts.

I think he is all poodle having had a few myself. Still have one but she is old.

Aw, great pictures!! FWIW, he looks all poodle to me. Sometimes people really don't know what poodles look like underneath all the fancy haircuts they might be wearing. He looks like a nice sized miniature. (I just re-read the posts above and you thought he was a toy. Is he over 10" tall at the shoulder? If he's under 10", he's a toy. If 10" or more, he's a mini. Looks to me like he's maybe 11" or 12", is that about right? Hard to tell from a picture sometimes.)

I keep Pippin in a similar cut in the summer, just clipped down very short all over, plus I trim his muzzle into the expected poodle look, i.e., VERY closely clipped. It helps to see if he should get a tick or something when his hair is kept cut short. Plus I think it's a nice athletic look.

Yay, Marty! Handsome dog, and it sounds like you two are quickly forming a bond.

I thought he was a toy poodle , so you think he is a miniature? His fur was very matted and had to be cut short. I took Marty to vet yesterday and think he is all poodle and said his body is the shape of a poodle. I was going to see how tall he but Marty is taking a nap now on the couch! He is making himself at home! He was on floor last night and I told him he does not have sleep on the floor anymore! Yeah he a good looking boy! Thank you Beach girl!
My daugther is coming over this weekend and will take more photos of Marty. I may be able to tell if he all poodle when his hair grow out a little.

How exciting!! Poodles are absolutely the best, in my extremely biased opinion. I've got two of 'em. Sounds like Marty is a mini poodle? (Even if mixed with something...) How tall is he? Can you post a picture?

Do you plan to do any obedience or agility classes or anything like that?

Poodles are SO smart. They need to be doing something to keep their little brains engaged. Or else they will think up stuff on their own... ;-)

Oh I love Poodles also, the Big ones (Standard) my friend just got a mix called a Labradoodle its mix of yellow Lab and standard Poodle and it's
Apricot in color and oh tooooooo cute...Look them up on line..you will be amazed....Midnight♥♥♥:wave:

I got a new dog today!! He is a poodle mix but the shelter did not know what the other breed is. His name was Brad Pitt , I renamed him Marty after a cousin of mine I never meet. Marty is all white and weight 13 lbs! I had a big scarce tonight , I was taking Marty out to pee and Marty pulled his head of of his collar! I was sure he was going to run for it I said No OH! and Marty just stood still and I was able to pick him up!! What a good boy! I was warned not to let any dog from the shelter off their leash. The woman from the shelter did not made the collar tight enough!

OH YAY for you and marty..he is so adorable, and you rescued him..he will LOVE you forever....Congrats...smile..Midnight.♥♥♥

Aw, sweet li'l nubbin! Definitely don't wake him up to just to measure! If he's 10" or over, then he's classified as a mini. From the picture, I was guessing that he's taller than 10".

Do you have a bed for him? I LOVE these beds: Pet-O-Bed Main Page They have a nice cut-out nesting area in the middle. The regular ones are square and take up a lot of room, I'll admit. Look at the crate size ones (click on link at the left on the main page) and you can find rectangular ones which aren't quite so bulky.

I like that they keep the dog up off the floor, and they are nice and cozy. Plus you can easily change the cover in case of pet accidents, or just to be able to take off the dirty one and put on a clean one every so often. Pippin loves his.

Oh, Midnight Sun. Do not get me started on Labradoodles. I've never known one that wasn't goofy. They were started in Australia by a fellow who thought they would make good guide dogs. Turns out, they don't. They are very unpredictable in temperament, coat, abilities, the whole package. The man who started it has been quoted as saying he is very sorry he started the whole idea.

I hope your friends didn't pay a lot for it, and that they are well-prepared to go through training (as any dog owner should, really) and be prepared to deal with what could be more of a poodle coat than they were expecting. Poodles need to be groomed every six weeks or so, and Standards are expensive!

'course so are two minis - they cost me even more than one Standard would!

Well, we all like different things. Not saying this dog won't make a great pet, but I hate to see people deliberately pay a lot of money for a mix, when they really don't know what they're getting.

OH YAY for you and marty..he is so adorable, and you rescued him..he will LOVE you forever....Congrats...smile..Midnight.♥♥♥

Thank you MidnightSun! I was worried he would get adopted quickly so I hurried to the shelter to get him! My 6 years old granddaughter wanted him!

Aw, sweet li'l nubbin! Definitely don't wake him up to just to measure! If he's 10" or over, then he's classified as a mini. From the picture, I was guessing that he's taller than 10".

Do you have a bed for him? I LOVE these beds: Pet-O-Bed Main Page They have a nice cut-out nesting area in the middle. The regular ones are square and take up a lot of room, I'll admit. Look at the crate size ones (click on link at the left on the main page) and you can find rectangular ones which aren't quite so bulky.

I like that they keep the dog up off the floor, and they are nice and cozy. Plus you can easily change the cover in case of pet accidents, or just to be able to take off the dirty one and put on a clean one every so often. Pippin loves his.

When I told Marty to go to bed he jump on my bed! LOL! I do not have a dog bed for him, he sleep on the couch during the day. He like to fall asleep on my lap . I did buy him a dog crate to keep him getting into the front seat while I am driving. But he was able to break out it, the way the crate it put together is junk! Nothing is made good any more! I could get him a bed at Marshall's , they have cute one there.
I looked up the beds you posted and some of the photos of dogs sleeping in bed it really cute and funny! I think I will buy for myself ,they look very comfortable!

Nice. This white dog looks almost like what my girlfriend's Mom recently adopted last year. What sweet dogs they make.

I am always appreciative of people who adopt Mutts from shelter. I know they are harder to adopt than pure breeds. Thank you for saving a life.

whatdidyousay, how are you and Marty doing?

Beach girl, just saw your notes about the Lab/Poodle mixes and I so agree...
nothing personally against the dogs but people are so mis-led and I honestly have come across so many "Doodles" - like you - who vary in size, coat, temperament, the works!

someone I know of in one of the dog training classes drove halfway across the country to pick up a St. Bernard/Cocker mix that was being considered as a "designer breed" by the "breeder" <purposeful pairing> :shock:

A St. Bernard/cocker mix??? Oy vey. That is really outrageous.

So, so stupid, on the part of both the breeder and the buyer. You're going to have one very confused dog mentally there, and probably very dis-proportionate in his body parts, combining a big, bulky dog like that with a much smaller dog.

Back