I hate my ear doctor!!

I second Caroline and some of the other posters, get a "2nd opinion". And from an audiologist rather than an ear doctor. And you'll still probably get more benefit wearing an HA than not wearing it. IMHO.

Thank you for your feedback. I agree with Caroline too. I do need an audiologist. Yeah, I do hope I get more benefit wearing hearing aids than not.

2nd opinion is always good.

As AlleyCat below notes below: wide variation to deafness-if ever.My experience was over 40 years in Profound Hearing loss category to deafness.Other people?

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

I became deaf 20+ years ago. At that time I had mild-to-moderate loss. I am now at the severe-profound range...nothing has changed in regards to my being deaf over the last 20+ years other than the degree of hearing loss.

I second Caroline and some of the other posters, get a "2nd opinion". And from an audiologist rather than an ear doctor. And you'll still probably get more benefit wearing an HA than not wearing it. IMHO.

that is tough not easy because complication! you opinion think so ear!

I know difficult complication!

I am aware of the argument re: semantics- deaf at XXX decibel loss. My experience was silence at 105 decibels. Confirmed I was deaf. To date has not changed.
More from my experience-NO ENT Doctor in either St Michaels or Sunnybrook/Toronto have ever given me a "hearing test"- just audiologists.They have read all of them-part of my medical file.

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

Last edited:
I think it's also a question of that one shouldn't feel pressured that there's only one way to go.

Getting a detailed explanation might help get at the reasons for that opinion. There are definitely has out there that should work. I have a 115 db loss myself and hear very well with has. DItto with alley cat Mines between 95 to 110 db. I still can hear my hearing aids. Thanks.

im sorry about your problems at doctor,dereksbicycles

many million people have problems with dr for more reasons if they can transfer to another dr or must same dr no matter would chose..

i had ear problems as grewup but i did went to dr and also school infirmary too but must have ear medicine they can help your ear better than painful but im grewup deaf as baby at 10 month old i cant hear so my mom took me to dr for checkup and also ear also..Its so serious..

Back