I guess there's a benefit of my dad having a girlfriend AND a wife...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOracle

Reaction score
I got double the birthday presents.

:party:

*oops. Benefit TO my dad having a girlfriend and a wife.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Um, ok.

My dad put cash in my bank account - rather unexpected, but grateful because I have my son's tuition to pay for. :(

I'm 99% sure my stepmom got me a purse...probably Coach or Prada (not the logo-tagged stuff, though) because that's what she likes and she knows I like classic...she has a shit ton of money and a closet that rivals Jessica Simpson. Yet she's the most down to earth and nicest woman I know.

My dad's girlfriend got me a Gucci purse (at my dad's suggestion) for the holidays but she doesn't know I returned it for credit. :giggle: My dad knows my love of accessories, so he get me purses a lot and I have a decent collection now...Except...she got me this one and I personally don't like logo-barfed bags. (that's just me. no offense) So I think when she was asking him if she should get me the matching wallet, he cautiously sent me an IM asking me what I wanted...and then suggested to her some shoes...I was trying to refuse but she wasn't having it. I really like my stepmom! I'm loyal. But what can I do? He's my dad.

Anyway, at the risk of offense, I said 'sandals' but my dad already told her I liked Christian Louboutins so I said please don't spend $800, I'm OK with whatever you get. As long as I can walk in them. :)

She's at the store now. I think it's super sweet that she tries so hard, but I'm happy with a card in the mail.

Although if she gets me a pair of $800 hooker shoes I will be in a tight spot. I can get away with exchanging a bag, but I'm pretty sure she'd get suspicious if I never wore the shoes OR carried the purse.

I haven't met her, but I feel like it's only a matter of time.

also - my dad and stepmom are separated. She knows he has a girlfriend. I don't like the situation at all, but he's my dad and he happens to be one of my best friends. I'd rather have the two of them back together than double or triple presents. :/

My dad put cash in my bank account - rather unexpected, but grateful because I have my son's tuition to pay for. :(

I'm 99% sure my stepmom got me a purse...probably Coach or Prada (not the logo-tagged stuff, though) because that's what she likes and she knows I like classic...she has a shit ton of money and a closet that rivals Jessica Simpson. Yet she's the most down to earth and nicest woman I know.

My dad's girlfriend got me a Gucci purse (at my dad's suggestion) for the holidays but she doesn't know I returned it for credit. :giggle: My dad knows my love of accessories, so he get me purses a lot and I have a decent collection now...Except...she got me this one and I personally don't like logo-barfed bags. (that's just me. no offense) So I think when she was asking him if she should get me the matching wallet, he cautiously sent me an IM asking me what I wanted...and then suggested to her some shoes...I was trying to refuse but she wasn't having it. I really like my stepmom! I'm loyal. But what can I do? He's my dad.

Anyway, at the risk of offense, I said 'sandals' but my dad already told her I liked Christian Louboutins so I said please don't spend $800, I'm OK with whatever you get. As long as I can walk in them. :)

She's at the store now. I think it's super sweet that she tries so hard, but I'm happy with a card in the mail.

Although if she gets me a pair of $800 hooker shoes I will be in a tight spot. I can get away with exchanging a bag, but I'm pretty sure she'd get suspicious if I never wore the shoes OR carried the purse.

I haven't met her, but I feel like it's only a matter of time.

This bag look similar to the one that woman who try to knock out the gun from the hostage taker?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgWSiGHldQ0]YouTube - Re: Panama City School Board Shooting - Ginger Littleton[/ame]

You're lucky you even own a Coach purse.

I've always wanted a purse from any Gucci, Vuitton, or Coach. But I'm not rich to own one and I spend my $ on purses from Canal Street in NYC where they sell knock offs. They still look pretty damn good and very good quality. Better to pay 25-50 than 800 on a purse.

hahaha. once i was mugged and the asshole stole my Hobo International purse. I was really fighting for that purse but then cool heads prevailed.

had my phone, wallet, makeup, and sunglasses in there, too. $1000+ worth of shit. bastard.

You're lucky you even own a Coach purse.

I've always wanted a purse from any Gucci, Vuitton, or Coach. But I'm not rich to own one and I spend my $ on purses from Canal Street in NYC where they sell knock offs. They still look pretty damn good and very good quality. Better to pay 25-50 than 800 on a purse.

If you think about it...European goods isn't what it used to be. Half of it is assembled in China. (Not dissing the workmanship, I'm just saying...)

There's a Coach outlet store in Iowa and you can get stuff from last year. She gave me one like this for Valentine's day. That's how I have two Coach coats...the outlet. I bought one myself but everything else in my closet that's Coach have been gifts. *shrug*

I am more likely to have a decent pair of shoes that I wear a lot for work (just like $200 range) and wear them out than to buy a pair and wear them sparingly.

If you are going to spend an assload on accessories, than make sure they'll carry you from one season to the next!

hahaha. once i was mugged and the asshole stole my Hobo International purse. I was really fighting for that purse but then cool heads prevailed.

had my phone, wallet, makeup, and sunglasses in there, too. $1000+ worth of shit. bastard.

WTF, who the f carries $1000+ worth of shit in her purse? Only you... Only you.

The only expensive thing besides my purse itself is my wallet and it's made out of genuine leather and outfitted with real fur. It's a western style wallet. That thing was expensive. (PETA, yeah sic your ass after me.)

My purse is probably worth only 300 bucks and that includes the purse itself.

WTF, who the f carries $1000+ worth of shit in her purse? Only you... Only you.

The only expensive thing besides my purse itself is my wallet and it's made out of genuine leather and outfitted with real fur. It's a western style wallet. That thing was expensive. (PETA, yeah sic your ass after me.)

My purse is probably worth only 300 bucks and that includes the purse itself.

A blackberry is $400-500, a wallet = ID's, Credit Cards, Cash, plus the wallet itself, sunglasses can easily be $80..

$1000, easy.

If you think about it...European goods isn't what it used to be. Half of it is assembled in China. (Not dissing the workmanship, I'm just saying...)

There's a Coach outlet store in Iowa and you can get stuff from last year. She gave me one like this for Valentine's day. That's how I have two Coach coats...the outlet. I bought one myself but everything else in my closet that's Coach have been gifts. *shrug*

I am more likely to have a decent pair of shoes that I wear a lot for work (just like $200 range) and wear them out than to buy a pair and wear them sparingly.

If you are going to spend an assload on accessories, than make sure they'll carry you from one season to the next!

I get my accessories from Forever 21, Express, that kind of thing. Nothing fancy. I go to thrift shops and they usually have amazing finds there for a lot cheap actually. I get coupons and use them at stores like TJ Maxx.

I think I still look pretty good without owning a Coach coat or anything of that sort. Thank god for clearances. I see no need in owning an expensive article of clothing except if it's a purse... Only if it's gifted to me.

A blackberry is $400-500, a wallet = ID's, Credit Cards, Cash, plus the wallet itself, sunglasses can easily be $80..

$1000, easy.

Got my BB for 50 dollars with 2 year contract.

I don't carry sunglasses and the one I own is only 15 bucks.

I have what? 10 bucks in my wallet.

And It's easy for me to close my credit card accounts if it gets stolen.

Nothing valuable really. Unless you think a chapstick is valuable, then okay. Enjoy.

also...instead of getting 4 $50 purses on canal street that are knockoffs...why not just get 1 good purse? if you really want the brand, then invest in it! you deserve it!

i personally don't like logo purses because there are too many knockoffs. i feel like if i am going to buy (or receive?) a $700 purse, then I shouldn't see a knockoff replica on the shoulder of a cracked out street hag.

Stay away from here:

121004canal.jpg

:)

I have a Nine West purse that's been put through a lot of abuse and it was worth the $49 (sale! Piperlime!) I paid for it. So if you want a good purse and you have $50, there are alternatives!

also...instead of getting 4 $50 purses on canal street that are knockoffs...why not just get 1 good purse? if you really want the brand, then invest in it! you deserve it!

i personally don't like logo purses because there are too many knockoffs. i feel like if i am going to buy (or receive?) a $700 purse, then I shouldn't see a knockoff replica on the shoulder of a cracked out street hag.

Stay away from here:

121004canal.jpg

:)

I have a Nine West purse that's been put through a lot of abuse and it was worth the $49 (sale! Piperlime!) I paid for it. So if you want a good purse and you have $50, there are alternatives!

I'm a purse collector so it's hard for me to stick with one purse. And I don't do logo purses either. I usually get the ones that have similar patterns. The latest one I have is a black hobo purse, amazing quality. With a silver logo on it that says "Guess." And no one would have ever guessed it's a fake. ;)

I get my accessories from Forever 21, Express, that kind of thing. Nothing fancy. I go to thrift shops and they usually have amazing finds there for a lot cheap actually. I get coupons and use them at stores like TJ Maxx.

I think I still look pretty good without owning a Coach coat or anything of that sort. Thank god for clearances. I see no need in owning an expensive article of clothing except if it's a purse... Only if it's gifted to me.

Like a billionaire looking at an Auto Union car at an auction - a $15,000,000 car.. He said on the TV...

"People who are considering buying this car - their lives simply won't change, they will ride the same private jet, they will continue using their yachts, they will not change their meal plan because of some purchase."

So what you're saying probably means nothing to someone else.

my Droid (cost $200 to replace with my insurance), sunglasses ($150), the purse itself (300), wallet (60), perfume and Aveda makeup (200+)....easy.

The cash I had? $11. The mugger really didn't make out with much. I hope he used my chapstick and caught my cold.

If you don't want to spend out the ass for a purse because you think it's silly, then why buy fake?

I have a TON of Forever 21 earrings...but I also have some nicer earrings, too..I also love Goodwill & Arc. I can sew, too. And for major events, I usually shop Ebay because bcbg is pretty true to size...or else Forever 21 can get me a decent dress for $20 that I'm only gonna wear once.

Actually, my avatar shows a Forever 21 dress. :p

I have pairs of earrings in every shape, color, type...when I am tired of them, I ebay them and then someone else makes jewelry out of em.

The "expensive" things in my closet are: coats, shoes (though not super expensive cause they wear easily) and purses. All but a few have been gifted. And those "expensive" things look nice, wear well, keep for awhile and come in handy.

I'm a purse collector so it's hard for me to stick with one purse. And I don't do logo purses either. I usually get the ones that have similar patterns. The latest one I have is a black hobo purse, amazing quality. With a silver logo on it that says "Guess." And no one would have ever guessed it's a fake. ;)

:cool2: Lemme see...

:) I have about ten purses. I used to really love collecting purses, too, but then my dad bought me some Hobos and I phased out some...then my collection just grew...so I only have a few cheap ones in my closet. If I want "pizzaz", I have 50+ scarves, tons of earrings, etc.

The mugger took my oversized leather Hobo International. :( I was traveling. :(

Ever hear of this invention called a gun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back