I got ACT score from mail

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it's too personal to tell about ACT score or not, also my score is 12 and it already reached on Gally's average but I think so and don't want paid other one to take again anymore. I called VR and told them about my score then they told me that need improve more then I just like shit, that unbelieve about one of friend made same score as mine does but he went off to Gally for sure. VR is BS at me then I called them to close my case and not want debate with them.

Despite about VR issue, I want go to Gally and need find financial aid without VR support or something to help to get in but I can apply for student loan and would be painful to pay it back, can be $80,000 for 4 years with interest rate then I decided not to bother on college loan right now.

I don't need bother on VR anymore, they are stupid.

I think it's too personal to tell about ACT score or not, also my score is 12 and it already reached on Gally's average but I think so and don't want paid other one to take again anymore. I called VR and told them about my score then they told me that need improve more then I just like shit, that unbelieve about one of friend made same score as mine does but he went off to Gally for sure. VR is BS at me then I called them to close my case and not want debate with them.

Despite about VR issue, I want go to Gally and need find financial aid without VR support or something to help to get in but I can apply for student loan and would be painful to pay it back, can be $80,000 for 4 years with interest rate then I decided not to bother on college loan right now.

Why do you need this much for an loan? Gally is not that expensive; much cheaper. It is a good investment in a long run. I did obtain some ed. loans for my college-training. I successfully pursued my degrees and landed a good job that pays me well enough to support my family, housing, 3 cars, etc.
Would you want to be stuck with a job that pays $7.25 per hour. How can you afford to live on your own with this kind of payroll?

Well, I took ACT in 1990 and got the score of 11, which met RIT/Gallaudet's requirement for admission, but I took a different path at that time. I am aware that RIT/Gallaudet upped the requirement score numbers of ACT/SAT today.

Not just 80K for 4 years.. with financial aid (FAFSA), scholarship, grants, and possibly VR assistance, you may owe less than 80K to college loans. Look at me, I owe to college loan $ because I had no assistance from VR. I had FAFSA, small grants, and small scholarship monies.

Do you want to earn measly $8 per hour in the rest of your life? I don't think so. $8 per hour is not enough for everything you need.

You have to think about your future carefully.

What's wrong with RIT/NTID?

It's cheaper there and they have good financial support.

Your VR might be more supportive if you went to a different college?

Have you tried asking your VR what you could do to get their support such as changing colleges, etc?

What's wrong with RIT/NTID?

It's cheaper there and they have good financial support.

Your VR might be more supportive if you went to a different college?

Have you tried asking your VR what you could do to get their support such as changing colleges, etc?

I don't want different college, also this VR has found on small choice of college then not worth for me and rather go to Gally and want have classes with teacher with ASL since other students are using sign language, it's non-mainstream or something. I had done with mainstream and got bad experience then wouldn't want happen again.

I had found out, also VR did emailed to me that I need have remedial class at Gally and asked them about how long is remedial class to be done, also they said probably required for students with low score on ACT or SAT.

FYI, I haven't met on NTID's requirement for ACT, must to be 13 or 14 to meet the requirement.

Well, I took ACT in 1990 and got the score of 11, which met RIT/Gallaudet's requirement for admission, but I took a different path at that time. I am aware that RIT/Gallaudet upped the requirement score numbers of ACT/SAT today.

Not just 80K for 4 years.. with financial aid (FAFSA), scholarship, grants, and possibly VR assistance, you may owe less than 80K to college loans. Look at me, I owe to college loan $ because I had no assistance from VR. I had FAFSA, small grants, and small scholarship monies.

Do you want to earn measly $8 per hour in the rest of your life? I don't think so. $8 per hour is not enough for everything you need.

You have to think about your future carefully.

No way, I don't want work at Wal-fart or minimum wage job for long time and they don't paid so enough for enjoy on lifestyle, from pay rent to buy something is cool like BD player, 1080p HDTV or whatever.

Why do you need this much for an loan? Gally is not that expensive; much cheaper. It is a good investment in a long run. I did obtain some ed. loans for my college-training. I successfully pursued my degrees and landed a good job that pays me well enough to support my family, housing, 3 cars, etc.
Would you want to be stuck with a job that pays $7.25 per hour. How can you afford to live on your own with this kind of payroll?

Well, I just little misunderstood about how much is in college loan and just wait and see about it.

I don't want struck with low paying job. :eek:

lol, a 12?

that's freaking low.

the best you can get into is probably gallaudet. RIT/NTID has pretty high academic standards. unless you have a decent GPA, i wouldn't apply there.

lol, a 12?

that's freaking low.

the best you can get into is probably gallaudet. RIT/NTID has pretty high academic standards. unless you have a decent GPA, i wouldn't apply there.

Good grief, that's not funny about it. :roll:

Pacman, they have self-study tests that can help you improve your ACT score so if you take it again you can get a better score.

you need more of a private tutor, rather than studying from a bunch of books if you want your score to improve. you decide. your future, your life.

lol, a 12?

that's freaking low.

Why is that funny? Not everyone is lucky like we are so have some empathy for others!!!

Anyways, Pacman...my brother got a low score on his ACT score so he had to take remedial class at Gallaudet and since then, he has improved so much with his scores. He is in grad school now. :) Dont be discoraged and I gotta agree with Angelstar819 about hiring a private tutor rather than the self help books. Up to u. Good luck and dont give up!!!

I don't want different college, also this VR has found on small choice of college then not worth for me and rather go to Gally and want have classes with teacher with ASL since other students are using sign language, it's non-mainstream or something. I had done with mainstream and got bad experience then wouldn't want happen again.

I had found out, also VR did emailed to me that I need have remedial class at Gally and asked them about how long is remedial class to be done, also they said probably required for students with low score on ACT or SAT.

FYI, I haven't met on NTID's requirement for ACT, must to be 13 or 14 to meet the requirement.

Have you try to talk your high school counselor for you to enter Gallaudet? My HS counselor spoke someone on the phone at NTID. This was how I got in.

My VR only discussed with me about my financial for a school board (dormitory and food). It was a little helpful. To remind you that you must be nice both of your counselor and VR. I got a 60 percent free for school. It was worth it for me.

Have you try to talk your high school counselor for you to enter Gallaudet? My HS counselor spoke someone on the phone at NTID. This was how I got in.

My VR only discussed with me about my financial for a school board (dormitory and food). It was a little helpful. To remind you that you must be nice both of your counselor and VR. I got a 60 percent free for school. It was worth it for me.

I haven't talked to my HS counselor, also surprised that you got in NTID after talked with HS counselor.

i got 15 on ACT in 2005, but I am still going to community college because it was prudent to start slowly. NTID can wait until I have everything necessary to go to a college far away from my home.

I haven't talked to my HS counselor, also surprised that you got in NTID after talked with HS counselor.

dude I know few friends of mine that got into NTID with ACT score of 12 and even one with 11...dont feel so bad

ACT is just ONE of the few factors college consider with admissions though its required.

They like to see your solid grades, your extracircular activities and your accomplishments

screw the VR if they wont support you to go to Gally or whatever, just get FAFSA, and other scholarships then first year you do so well at Gally ask the VR and prove to them that you have the grades and skills to REALLY succeed at Gally they will more likely to support you after you prove you got the stuff to succeed in college

In my state- Illinois the funds are really sarce and I wouldn't want to waste my tax money on a student who is more likely to blow it off the first semester. Its your chance to prove them wrong... Plus now VR has more requirements not just deaf to get support those days anyways

Good luck!

I didn't have any problems with my VR. They paid for my tuition and dorm room, as well as my interpreters, for the 2006-2007 academic year, probably because I was born before 1983 (my bday is 11/09/1982).

That 06-07 year is my last year at that university, but after showing VR my grades, then I will transfer to another university for bachelor's degree. VR will pay for all that too. Hopefully I'd graduate with Bachelor's in 2008.

A 12 is low. Very below what's expected for someone taking it late highschool. If someone suggested you retake the exam, I would listen. It's worth hitting the books and giving it another go if it'll mean scoring better- you should at LEAST aim to get within 3 points below the average (20)

Back