I got a very strange mail from DMV????

Kat, if that is your first letter, wait for two more coming to you next two years from DMV ! Is it still cheaper?

I don't know. The letter (as well as my dmv status online says the same thing) says pay 200 dollars annually or pay full 600 dollars in order to restore my license from suspension. If i paid 600 dollars it means dmv will not send me another letter next year. Correct?

Ok, so you got your charges dropped because of an expired vasscar device. Not because you were not guilty.

The easiest thing for you to do, DHB, instead of hating them, is to not speed. :wave:

They arrested MLK for driving under speed limit.

these people send hundreds of these things out at some point someone gulable or sadder still they older and may not understand read of many people who innocent people maybe little confused and pay up one poor woman ended up thousands out of pocket her son found out he was heartbroken see his poor mother lost all her money
these awful people got no ethics

I can't give you the answer, talk with DMV, I am not DMV so, I don't have authorization to give you answer.

But it does sound right to me as I read the law, don't forget many other states speeding ticket aren't cheap, so probably no difference. If it was in VA, you will be slapped at least 500 dollars fine for speeding alone. Same with Connecticut, and Maryland if I recall right.

I don't know. The letter (as well as my dmv status online says the same thing) says pay 200 dollars annually or pay full 600 dollars in order to restore my license from suspension. If i paid 600 dollars it means dmv will not send me another letter next year. Correct?

The vasscar is a device used by sheriff chef to catch my speeding, I was given opportunity to declare guilty or not guilty, I declare NOT guilty and showed up. I did almost nothing, and the cop was talking for 50 minutes trying to prove vasscar is in working order, and that I was guilty. But judge said since the inspection on vasscar has past due for two years so that can not be used as evidence against me leaving nothing for sheriff against me. Often with vasscar device with valid inspection, it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to get away with. That was in Pennsylvania.

Ok, so you got your charges dropped because of an expired vasscar device. Not because you were not guilty.

The easiest thing for you to do, DHB, instead of hating them, is to not speed. :wave:

You don't get it, I hate DMV for their BS, for example, mandatory insurance reporting 5 dollars each vehicle, since I never lapse my insurance, YET I have to pay 5 dollars for each vehicle, FOR WHAT? Those who fails to carry insurance should PAY not me!

these people send hundreds of these things out at some point someone gulable or sadder still they older and may not understand read of many people who innocent people maybe little confused and pay up one poor woman ended up thousands out of pocket her son found out he was heartbroken see his poor mother lost all her money
these awful people got no ethics

Caz, the topic of this situation is completely different from what you have in mind. This is a state law of which you are not aware, and Katz does owe the money. It behooves her to pay up as soon as possible. However she should go directly to her DMV office and confer with someone, or get legal advice. I do believe she owes the money.

Understand, sorry that it hit you so hard. Its just that its the law on the book and how DMV playing games. Best try work with DMV, I don't see other solution because you already plead guilty. When one plea gulty, it is pretty much like one declare that they are at 100% fault, and will accept penalty at 100%, no negotiation at all as opposed as not guilty.

I am sorry that you have to give up driving. I can see how hard it can be on anyone, not just you but everyone included myself. I will go nuts without drivers license.

Best luck, hope things works out in your favor.

Ah, it's fine. At least I don't have to stress out and worry about the nightmares everyday of too many close calls with other drivers due to under the influence of drugs, talking and texting on smartphones, using to turn on high beam headlights all the time anywhere after sundown unlike in the past -- it is against DMV manual book..what the fook are they doing for? Trying to blind everyone else the drivers like me and to get in accident? Ugh. I cant see between the dark pit of gray and black outlines on street and curbs.

Caz, the topic of this situation is completely different from what you have in mind. This is a state law of which you are not aware, and Katz does owe the money. It behooves her to pay up as soon as possible. However she should go directly to her DMV office and confer with someone, or get legal advice. I do believe she owes the money.

I'm inclined to agree. If Katz was able to log in to her DMV file and see the license is suspended, sounds like this is not a fake letter. :(

Katz, hope you get it all worked out!

When in doubt about any letter from any agency (IRS, DMV, SSA, etc.), contact the agency directly. Don't use the contact links provided in the suspicious mail or email.

Very good advice, yes you are correct. I don't follow whats in letter, I always check on website to verify the contact information. It is one way to detect if it is scam or not.

When in doubt about any letter from any agency (IRS, DMV, SSA, etc.), contact the agency directly. Don't use the contact links provided in the suspicious mail or email.

You're right ,Reba, I'd be taking my "heinie" right down to that DMV office that we all hate, and find out what to do. :lol:

Whatdidyousay, in my original post, i dont have own car since 2007 It means no registration necessary. i have been renting a car on occasion. It means i buy insurance when i rent.

I know that and that is why I said you should try to find that registration to prove it if you go in person to the DMV office.

You don't get it, I hate DMV for their BS, for example, mandatory insurance reporting 5 dollars each vehicle, since I never lapse my insurance, YET I have to pay 5 dollars for each vehicle, FOR WHAT? Those who fails to carry insurance should PAY not me!

Welcome to life.

Everyone in your state pays that, not just you.

This got nothing to do with registration, they don't care which car one used when doing moving violation, it all goes to drivers license. Drivers license is not the same as registration.

The fine and penalty is assessed on her drivers license not the registration. When you get speeding ticket, does it have to do with vehicle registration?

I know that and that is why I said you should try to find that registration to prove it if you go in person to the DMV office.

Looks like you don't understand what I am saying AT ALL.

Does it justify for state to collect fines and penalty from those who let insurance lapse, PLUS verification fees from those who never break the very same law? What did they(state) do with those fines and penalty? They should have used these fines and penalty income to verify others for insurance coverage requirements. Its like State of New York is having double income on this law which I think is NOT justifiable.

Give you an idea... would you think it is fair if....

Everyone on the highway pay to that cop that checked your speeding on highway EVERY TIME they use the highway, and make those who went over the limit pay the fine to that "cop"...

--or--

everybody drives the highway without paying that cop in that stealth parking spot, and those who break the law gets to pay while passing drivers obeyed the law and free to go.

Remember cop is a representative to the state, so the fine goes to state, cop still a part of it because he represent the state.

Welcome to life.

Everyone in your state pays that, not just you.

Does it justify for state to collect fines and penalty from those who let insurance lapse, PLUS verification fees from those who never break the very same law? What did they(state) do with those fines and penalty? They should have used to verify others for insurance coverage requirements. Its like State of New York is having double income on this law which I think is NOT justifiable.

Everyone on the highway pay to that cop that checked your speeding on highway EVERY TIME they use the highway, and make those who went over the limit pay the fine to that "cop"...

--or--

everybody drives the highway without paying that cop in that stealth parking spot, and those who break the law gets to pay while passing drivers obeyed the law and free to go.

Remember cop is a representative to the state, so the fine goes to state, cop still a part of it because he represent the state.

I understood you perfectly, right from the start.

There are bad apples in every barrel that ruin it for everyone else. (This was not intended toward Katz or anyone else who has gotten a ticket. I'm just speaking generally.)

It's still life. You have the choice to not own a car or drive. If you do make that choice, be prepared to pay whatever comes with that. Owning a car and driving is a privilege, not a right.

yea getting out of driving suspension is very costly. like what everybody said... contact DMV... and you might wanna get a lawyer to deal with the mess. good luck.

Does it justify for state to collect fines and penalty from those who let insurance lapse, PLUS verification fees from those who never break the very same law? What did they(state) do with those fines and penalty? They should have used these fines and penalty income to verify others for insurance coverage requirements. Its like State of New York is having double income on this law which I think is NOT justifiable.

--or--

*shrug* simple - move out of NY.

NY DMV system is basically an extortion. its inspection and registration fees and point system are ridiculous.

Wow, that's a lot to add up for the DRAF "Driver Responsibility Assessment Fees". If you have updated your current residence address to your DMV, I don't understand why they sent it to your old address. That doesn't make sense.. so like others advised you, talk to DMV and you might need a lawyer to help you through this.

Good luck.

This got nothing to do with registration, they don't care which car one used when doing moving violation, it all goes to drivers license. Drivers license is not the same as registration.

The fine and penalty is assessed on her drivers license not the registration. When you get speeding ticket, does it have to do with vehicle registration?

I know that ! I was say to use it as proof that the last time she owned a car! Good grief ! I believe in showing proof by bringing in all the papers works you have to show that
you're right and the other party is wrong!

Back