I dont know if I should be here...

BradBradBrad

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Brad.

I was researching causes of deafness for a project for my ASL 2 class and came across this place. Seems like a nice forum... althuogh I'm not sure if I'm really aloud to join. I'm hearing. I've been learning ASL for about year and a half now, I find deaf culture interesting, and I love isgning, sometimes I find my self signing on accident to people in my family. There aren't a lot of deaf people locally really (Well, in Austin there are, but not in this town) so I haven't really had much contact with deaf people or signing outside of school. The only deaf person I know IRL really is my ASL teacher who is little d and modderately deaf at that (he does however teach us about deaf culture in a very non-bias and enthusiastic manner). I've been to the Texcas School for the Deaf homecoming twice, the first time I just went to the game and walked around and watched people sign (lol, it was only a few weeks into ASL 1, he didnt tell us that it was rude to watch people sign yet >_<) I went to the TSD thing this year too, and was actually able to communicate with people, nothing big, ordered food, I helped a deaf woman set up their booth a little, baught a ASL dictionary, walked around the campus and saw a play. One of my online friends happens to be deaf, Ron, really deaf... as in, he hearsnothin. I've talked with him for hours about his deafness sometimes, he asks me to try to explain things to him like music or things in video games he would have missed (like the songs in Zelda). So, yeah, I'm probably just going to lurk and read posts, maybe a post or a topic every once in a while. And thats if I'm alloud to post... I just waned to post here and find out first.

hello, welcome to alldeaf :) you are welcome to post anything, get to know us, and so on.. learn and educate yourself is the most important thing..

welcome to alldeaf v2.5 :cool:

You're welcome to post here.

Welcome to AllDeaf! Enjoy your stay! :thumb:

Hey, you're more than welcomed to stay here! It's a good way for you to pick up information and learn about the deaf culture and so forth! Hope you find this site quite educational and fun. ;) :thumb:

Hey Brad3, you're more than welcome to post here. We do have some hearing members here in this forum. Good luck with your project.

:wave: welcome to AD Brad and yep u can feel free to make posts in here as we do indeed have other hearing members on the boards :D enjoy ur stay!

Hey Brad -

Yep, it's perfectly OK for hearing people to post in here. I'm HOH and joined a couple of months ago, and I've posted a few things. Everybody's been nice to me so far. Hell, bbnt's hearing, and he's on the damn board 24/7. Enjoy your stay.

PHSHAW BRAD COME ON IN PARDNER SETTLE urself here to the wonderful world of the AD, this is a WONDERFUL site for u to find more information we sure do have alot of hearies AND deafies here and they interact with us as well too! have a blast in here and enjoy making some postings! :wave: :thumb:

I have to say that AD has a wonderful community here unlike some other deaf communities I've come across, which are small and only care about themselves and other deafies... this one actually encourages hearing people to join as well... it's an excellent community here!

Back