I Do Not Like This Getting Old Business.

MelissaWatt

Reaction score
Snap, crackle and pop.. perfect.. I just need rice krispy cereal, a pair of glasses and well, let's just face it.. I need a new body. bwhahahahahahaha..:giggle:

I wish I could go back to 21 years old. It is hard for me to lose weight now.

Snap, crackle and pop.. perfect.. I just need rice krispy cereal, a pair of glasses and well, let's just face it.. I need a new body. bwhahahahahahaha..:giggle:
When I was a health aide I had a lot of my clients that were 90 plus tell me "Not to get old!" I been trying to get a new body for years and my doctors still haven't
got one for me ! LOL!

Old age ain't no place for sissies.”
Bette Davis

also

“Getting old is not for sissies.”

Bette Davis

or

“Getting old ain't for sissies.”
Bette Davis

however way it's said it's damn true... :bowlol:

I want to be this old lady in my avatar minus the cigarette. or her:

2697131240_5196cbca47.jpg

that lady has spunk!

old%2Bis%2Bthe%2Bnew%2Bgold.jpg

and she, too!
9bd3c854514665ebac6b8f252cf65d69.jpg

and this lady is not giving up ;)

oldlady.biker_2.jpg

lololol..

Fuzzy

well, granted, the lady in the in the "old is the new black" t-shirt is not the best advertisement for the shirt.
she does look very tired LOLOLOL
but I like to think it's because she's nursing humongous hungover from the last night crazy ravy :)

Fuzzy

... and yet in your avatar you are boxing .. what? old age ?? :D :D :D

Fuzzy
I'm 65. I do boxing workouts in a program that is designed for people with Parkinson's Disease. We punch the heavy bags, not each other. :lol:

I do what I can. I can't do much driving anymore, I can't travel, I have to make lots of potty breaks, I have almost constant nausea, I have strange sleep disturbances, I can't see as well, my brain's not as sharp, and I don't have the strength that I used to have. My hair is gray and my skin is wrinkled and everything sags.

Old age is old. :ugh:

Is that you in the picture, then? my gosh, Reba, you look terrific! :)
Yeah, that's me at the Grit Box gym after a workout (my bag is behind me). Thank you, and thanks to my picture not being a close up. :lol:

I'm 65. I do boxing workouts in a program that is designed for people with Parkinson's Disease. We punch the heavy bags, not each other. :lol:

I do what I can. I can't do much driving anymore, I can't travel, I have to make lots of potty breaks, I have almost constant nausea, I have strange sleep disturbances, I can't see as well, my brain's not as sharp, and I don't have the strength that I used to have. My hair is gray and my skin is wrinkled and everything sags.

Old age is old. :ugh:
I will be 70 yo this year that is old to me , I can't drive long distance anymore and can't drive at night anymore. I agree old age is old !

I will be 48, but the beating my body took of hard labor and contact sports have taken its toll especially with all the injuries and accidents.
I feel 80 now

Hmm. My parents are in their late 70s (today is Dad's birthday in fact). While they do have the aches and pains of age, they still seem like in their 60s. Dad drives long distance- every year they drive down to Florida (with a stop in GA for the night) and he has done other long trips. Mom and her twin both walk every day (I believe 2 miles). They were kept active baby sitting both grandchildren when sis is home sleeping (3rd shift work) every other week. They still are active in their lives as well.

They have said sometimes they feel their age. Mom once told me that in her head she still feels in her 20s but her body has other ideas lol.

They're healthier than me at times!

When I had a x ray taken for my shoulder the doctor showed me an chip on my collarbone on the right side , I am thinking this was from when I hit by a
car at 4 yo . My should hurt now , old injuries do come back to haunt you .

Hmm. My parents are in their late 70s (today is Dad's birthday in fact). While they do have the aches and pains of age, they still seem like in their 60s. Dad drives long distance- every year they drive down to Florida (with a stop in GA for the night) and he has done other long trips. Mom and her twin both walk every day (I believe 2 miles). They were kept active baby sitting both grandchildren when sis is home sleeping (3rd shift work) every other week. They still are active in their lives as well.

They have said sometimes they feel their age. Mom once told me that in her head she still feels in her 20s but her body has other ideas lol.

They're healthier than me at times!
TCS and I walk every day, too. Our grandsons are college students so we haven't baby sat them in many years. :)

We drive to CT from SC every two years for my family's reunion. It takes longer now because I need a lot of stops on the trip. This August we plan to put the trike on a trailer and take it with us so we can take some side trips while we're up there.

Like your parents, I feel a lot younger on the inside than I do on the outside.

Happy birthday to your dad. :birthday:

TCS and I walk every day, too. Our grandsons are college students so we haven't baby sat them in many years. :)

We drive to CT from SC every two years for my family's reunion. It takes longer now because I need a lot of stops on the trip. This August we plan to put the trike on a trailer and take it with us so we can take some side trips while we're up there.

Like your parents, I feel a lot younger on the inside than I do on the outside.

Happy birthday to your dad. :birthday:
Reba , have you notice any difference in how you feel yet from the boxing you're doing ? My mind feel younger than my body too , I would love to take small hikes with my dog but I been really losing my balance on my right side a lot more . :(

Reba , have you notice any difference in how you feel yet from the boxing you're doing ? My mind feel younger than my body too , I would love to take small hikes with my dog but I been really losing my balance on my right side a lot more . :(
Yes, I feel better. I especially enjoy the time I'm actually in the gym working out. I even like the feeling of sore muscles the next day because I know I'm using more muscles that way.

Back