I didn't want to say anything but......

scrapbooking

HI, I was just reading the comments and when you said you cut out some magazine pics, I was thinking since you choose a pink receiver...possibly, if it wear somewhere near the scrap of magazine pics....since its oink you could have picked it up on a pile of scrap magazine pic and accidently threw in garbage. ?!?! So sorry to hear about the lost of your CI..must be soo frustrating.

Got my back up Mini BTE activated and programmed today, it was interesting because as soon they turn it on it sound whine-y and weird at first with some buzzing but of course it went away after few hours, but speech's back to semi unrecognizble :( but I'm picking it back up fairly quickly compared to real first activation lol. At least I can hear now whew also she told me replacement one is ordered over phone and if I ever find the lost one its no good because its considered "expired" now for warranity so I can't get it mapped ever again :( but at least its not doomed I still will have new one and programmable and mini one too and if 3rd one was found it can be for emergency if both broke or need repair like 3 years later or something
Oh well.

Wait a minute...if the warranty on a CI expires you can't ever get a new map put in it???

Not sure if this is a similar situation, but since upgrading one other processer, I use 3, and all are mapped. I use the older one when the other 2 are in badly need of dehumidifying. I use AB, Cochlear may have different policies about multiple processor use?

Yep that what she said.
Waste of money (about $7,000-$9,000 each) if I ever find it huh?

Not really , since it'd be no use to you, you could send it back to the company and they could do whatever they do with returned CI's. Depending on where it might be found there may be nothing wrong with it and they may be able to rebuild it and send it out as a replacement for someone.

They are replacing the lost one and if they don't have some way of making it useless you could sell it to someone else and get some money for it. They just gave you something worth 6000+ for a mistake that you made, why would they not make sure if you found the processor it couldn't be used or sold to someone else? And while you or I wouldn't think of such a thing there are people who would. So they use the serial number to effectively make it worthless to anyone.

I've been wondering why you didn't have both of your processors programmed when you were activated tho. I had the choice and not wanting to be without hearing had one programmed as a backup.

Glad you're getting back to 'normal' . :)

Not sure if this is a similar situation, but since upgrading one other processer, I use 3, and all are mapped. I use the older one when the other 2 are in badly need of dehumidifying. I use AB, Cochlear may have different policies about multiple processor use?

no I have 2 and they are both programmed.

I know that people who upgrade to new processors as they become available usually trade in their older models, since they are given a trade in value reducing the cost of the newer more updated model. But I believe they can just buy a new one outright if that is what they choose to do.

Yep that what she said.
Waste of money (about $7,000-$9,000 each) if I ever find it huh?

So, are you getting the replacement free of charge under the one time replacement policy? Just need to clarify as I am a bit unsure.

no I have 2 and they are both programmed.

I know that people who upgrade to new processors as they become available usually trade in their older models, since they are given a trade in value reducing the cost of the newer more updated model. But I believe they can just buy a new one outright if that is what they choose to do.

Going into specifics, that's what I meant, I upgraded one and used a warranty advantage to obtain the other, only traded one in, leaves me with three. No problems concerning ownership issues.

Maybe a ghost in the house that is deaf took it for his/her own pleasure...

When I was washing my car, I bend over to wipe inside the door and the floor board with the door opened. Next thing I know my CI is off. I didn't realized that I touched the inside of the door while bending down. So here I am cleaning my car and my CI is off of me and looking everywhere, couldn't find it. Nope, not on the ground or the seat.
Guess where it was??!! It caught the metal on inside of the door! It was sticking to the inside of the car door near top of window! LOL! I was so surprised!

saying a little prayer.... Good luck, I feel for you. It can't be good feeling. How much is a replacement?

Do you have a pet? I had my dog take off with my Hearing aid before. and I found it under my bed all chewed up. four days later.

Good Luck I hope you do find it.
Did your warranty cover this? It happened to me last night! I don’t know what to do!

Back