I didn't want to say anything but......

SkullChick - you can try doing what I do - I have a magnetic "write on/wipe off" board on my wall that I stick my CI to whenever I take it off, so I never misplace it.

chuckles aside Skullchick is from now on.. get a couple of safety pins like mothers put on babies so they don't lose their pacifers lmao.. sorry... (i'll be nice from now on)

I do believe what your mom says, it'll show up when at least expected smile

Smile,

SkullChick - you can try doing what I do - I have a magnetic "write on/wipe off" board on my wall that I stick my CI to whenever I take it off, so I never misplace it.

I stick my CI on my magnetic whiteboard too!

Wait now, is this thing magnetic? If so.. somewhere that thing is actually dating another metal... or... could be on the truck's body... for that matter.
:confused:

If you get what I'm sayin'.

If I were in your shoes I'd comb every corner wherever I'm looking at. Magnetic... tricky lil thing...
:scatter:

I'm assuming it's about to be long gone... but don't give up if ya cant help it.

:giggle: You could stick it to the refrigerator as I did that many times.

Wait now, is this thing magnetic? If so.. somewhere that thing is actually dating another metal... or... could be on the truck's body... for that matter.
:confused:

If you get what I'm sayin'.

If I were in your shoes I'd comb every corner wherever I'm looking at. Magnetic... tricky lil thing...
:scatter:

I'm assuming it's about to be long gone... but don't give up if ya cant help it.

Check out post 43, I've already told her to check metal thing, like clotheslines etc.

Sorry, I missed your post, though emphasis to repeat isn't a bad thing...

Skullchickie, a CI is worse, but I wish I had a dollar for every time I lost, misplaced, or hid a hearing aid from myself in 25 years wearing the beasties.

None have been lost for more than a month--that one was lost in the snow at night crosscountry skiing and found by a park ranger during a chinook four weeks later.

Yours will turn up.

My worst bad habit was washing AND drying them. BIG mistake.

Keep on looking. Good luck.

If you do find the missing CI, hey you have a back-up replacement if anything should happen to the new CI replacing the lost one!

Been there...TWICE! First time found in jacket (had to remove because of rain), second time in THE FRIDGE! :slap: If ya get lit, the damndest things will happen! The point is to look in places you don't assume it's in. Good Luck!

Not sure if this is any help but a mate of mine was hanging out the washing on old wire clothesline and his CI kept magneting onto the wire. If you have been around anything metal maybe your CI has latched onto that and is in some place not easliy noticable.

Raykat has a good point.

If you dropped it on the floor and your cat flicked it under the fridge or stove the magnet could have stuck on the metal under something. I would have some one lift the Fridge, Stove, and furniture for me to look under. anything that may be metallic.

Skullchickie, a CI is worse, but I wish I had a dollar for every time I lost, misplaced, or hid a hearing aid from myself in 25 years wearing the beasties.

None have been lost for more than a month--that one was lost in the snow at night crosscountry skiing and found by a park ranger during a chinook four weeks later.

Yours will turn up.

My worst bad habit was washing AND drying them. BIG mistake.

Keep on looking. Good luck.

Once I lost my hearing aid for a year and half. I will admit that I didn't try too hard to look for it and I finally found it in the bathroom. This was a month before I came here.

Possibly in laundry clean or dirtyclothes. Dryer-washer. yeah pets like them. maybe you took it off at a friends or for swimming somewhere. In a car.
good luck
yeah we learn from it. Have to be very careful. I put my aid in a small box unit it comes with and hide from kids and pets....and thieves...had one stolen at a swimming hole....how screwy is that...what the hell they going to do with it

Possibly in laundry clean or dirtyclothes. Dryer-washer. yeah pets like them. maybe you took it off at a friends or for swimming somewhere. In a car.
good luck
yeah we learn from it. Have to be very careful. I put my aid in a small box unit it comes with and hide from kids and pets....and thieves...had one stolen at a swimming hole....how screwy is that...what the hell they going to do with it

Also lost one on a front yard playing football

Why did you take CI off? Then it might help you remember why you take it off..and go there that place.

I always keep my CIs in my Dry and Store so that I know where they are at all times.

My Dry and Store is located in my bedroom (on my bed's headboard), so even if I am on the other side of the house (say, the living room) and it means walking from one side of the house to the other, I figure the extra effort spent walking the distance is worth the security of knowing where my processors are.

That isn't to say that I've never lost my hearing aids before -- I have. I also put one pair through the washer and dryer where they to my surprise (and relief!) continued to work without any problems. The former taught me a lesson about always putting things in the same place so they can be found. (Then again, as a totally blind person, this habit is easy for me to practice since I don't always have sighted assistance available when I need it.)

Hope this didn't sound like a lecture -- I didn't mean for it to -- just wanted to share my experience.

Skullchick, I have my fingers crossed that you find your CI soon.

I am so happy they will replace it for you. Only 2 more days til you get your mini one turned on, but cochlear will probably have sent you the replacement by then. They are really fast and seem to understand what it's like to have your ci missing or inoperable. Continue looking for the other one. I guess it's already been said to check magnetic things. specifically, you have to turn the couches over if they have metal legs, or turn chairs over if there is any metal on them anywhere. Lots of beds have metal frames it could be stuck to. I've even found mine attached to metal buckles on my purse or jacket. The kitchen's the biggest hotspot for magnetic things. fridge/stove/pots and pans. THINK METAL! you'll find it!

Last edited:
Hey, since you're a robot now, I guess it could be hanging off of your back or somewhere weird like that. 'Cause robots are all metal, right?:)

You know, have you turned the couch or the chair upside down? They sometime have a piece of material on the bottom of it that prevents anything from falling through or anything furry or creepy and crawly from getting in? I have found many things that I lost by turning the couch upside down.

You know, have you turned the couch or the chair upside down? They sometime have a piece of material on the bottom of it that prevents anything from falling through or anything furry or creepy and crawly from getting in? I have found many things that I lost by turning the couch upside down.

Long time no see! I enjoyed reading your last entry in the blog by the way and agree with your sentiments.

Back