I cannot start Florida School for the Deaf and the Blind

Ohh im sorry. Just think of this temporary things that you will go bck to florida again. is that why you need to be in sc to see IEP??

No. I have to wait for three weeks. So i wanted to go back to SC and see my family. Even see my dad too. He gotten very sick.

Yeah it is a good idea to go back for the three weeks. SOrry to hear that your dad isnt feeling well.

No. FSDB called us and told us that we have to wait for three weeks, so in meanwhile, I want to go back to SC and see my family then come back to Florida after three weeks later.

Ah okay. I know FSDb starts on Monday but I wondering same thing! They said they need 10 days to review my records and IEP papers. I thought they could finish it in one or two days...why 10 days?

I would say the delay is because any Florida Bureaucrat or most administration employees for any school district in Florida take their own sweet time.

I would say the delay is because any Florida Bureaucrat or most administration employees for any school district in Florida take their own sweet time.

Sounds to me it took a long time for the school to recieve the proper paperwork. :)

Enjoy the visit with your parents. Keep your spirits up regarding school and stay safe.

(This is the mother in me talking, sorry!)

Ah okay. I know FSDb starts on Monday but I wondering same thing! They said they need 10 days to review my records and IEP papers. I thought they could finish it in one or two days...why 10 days?

ten days? Awwww man. But then again that's just two school weeks? Why the extra week? At least you have friends there, and will be starting in just THREE WEEKS! The countdown is ON! And you get THREE more weeks of vacation. I think too that they're erring on the side of caution.....they have to make sure that you're not a behavoirally disordered kid and have to contact everyone etc. It's a pain.....but at least you'll be starting soon. And the thing is, you'll be living ON campus. You'll get to know a lot of the kids and it'll be "home" in no time. Think about it this way....they want to avoid things like a severe bully or a sex abuse scandel or something like that.

Sorry to bump this.

I hope everything goes well with you, Joey. I know he may be busy this time, so hopefully, he comes back and tell us how his situation goes. :)

Back