I cannot start Florida School for the Deaf and the Blind

Yep, you were probably capable of it academically, but they were concerned that you were responsible enough to keep up with college level work. Decisions like that are made all the time, right or wrong.

That was pretty much what they told me.

It still hurts though. Oh well.

Yeah, I've seen how some of those academic counselors operate!:giggle:

But you did just fine. Your English skills are way above average, and I am including the hearing in that estimation.

Yeah, I've seen how some of those academic counselors operate!:giggle:

But you did just fine. Your English skills are way above average, and I am including the hearing in that estimation.

:ty: Will they pass muster by our resident grammarian? :giggle:

Huh........ What's this talk about HAVING a high school diploma to get into college? Or acing SAT's???
I got into college full time when I was 15. And that was 2 years before I graduated high school...

CSDF cafeteria food is so horrible. Students who are taking culinary arts course and prepare and cook some food for the staff on every Wednesdays.

When I looked at that cafeteria food, I could not stand the sight of shitty food.

Huh........ What's this talk about HAVING a high school diploma to get into college? Or acing SAT's???
I got into college full time when I was 15. And that was 2 years before I graduated high school...

As a post-secondary student?

Where is that? i wish i can get Top CHef come to school change everything. lol XD sorry watching too much Kitchen Nightmares.

I was mainstreamed and the food sucked in the cafeteria. Did it mean my old school should have been shut down? No. The cafeteria, maybe. Lol

I know quite a few friends who graduated from FSBD and they loved it. I learned that one of my friends was friends with Babyblue at FSBD. :)

I was mainstreamed and the food sucked in the cafeteria. Did it mean my old school should have been shut down? No. The cafeteria, maybe. Lol

I feel the same way about the cafeteria at Bass Hall at VSDB. :P :giggle:

I thought the food at FSD tasted so much better than the mainstream school. I never gotten sick eating their food. Matter fact I ate healthier when I attended there. Joined several sports and clubs. I had an IEP meeting which they place me where my educational needs were met. I participated in many sports and clubs as I could. Some of you that seen my facebook. I recently posted some pictures of some of the activites I did at FSD.

FSDB rocks!!

Several of the staff there are Deaf and are my old classmates and I trust them with my life. :)

there you go. you graduated from high school.

I thought the food at FSD tasted so much better than the mainstream school. I never gotten sick eating their food. Matter fact I ate healthier when I attended there. Joined several sports and clubs. I had an IEP meeting which they place me where my educational needs were met. I participated in many sports and clubs as I could. Some of you that seen my facebook. I recently posted some pictures of some of the activites I did at FSD.

FSDB rocks!!

Several of the staff there are Deaf and are my old classmates and I trust them with my life. :)

Is that an unbiased opinion? :giggle:

I was once a rude boy like Joey. my school's cafeteria sucked. what did I do? I drove home and went to my mom - "MAKE ME A SAMMICH!"

sometimes I hitched a ride to my house and I yelled after lunch - "DRIVE ME TO SCHOOL!"

Yes. She is talking about a certificate of completion, and many deaf students get a certificate of completion in the mainstream. Why? Their needs are not addressed adequately so they cannot achieve.

And is that true for oral deaf kids too? What are the stats on the number of dhh kids who get certificates of compleation vs. diplomas?

My son's deaf school had really good food. Parents would take turns cooking for the kids, so it was really like home cooked meals 3 times a day. The kids all loved it. I ate lunch there a few times, and I sure couldn't complain. And the kids got all they could eat!

Huh? Not in my time. Over the weekends, there was few students staying there, so couple of seminary guys who lived at St. Rita would cook. Sometimes they come up with something really unusual like spaghetti in chili. They usually used up anything that was left over from the week.

I was once a rude boy like Joey. my school's cafeteria sucked. what did I do? I drove home and went to my mom - "MAKE ME A SAMMICH!"

sometimes I hitched a ride to my house and I yelled after lunch - "DRIVE ME TO SCHOOL!"

We had that advantage....so I can understand's Meg's point of view. She was living in the dorms so she didnt have the option to have her family make her lunch to bring to school instead of eating at the cafeteria.

I gotta admit...the program where I work at...the food is mostly crappy and I feel for the kids whose parents are unable to make them a bag lunch.

Back