I cannot start Florida School for the Deaf and the Blind

I dont agree with you. i am sure you find out for yourself. beside how you can say if you havent been to FSDB? i know.

I went there for tour and it was awesome! I'm going there this year. So stop talking a shit about it. Move on.

No and yes. I love School but they need raise the challenge for me. But everything else is basically CRAP.

No i did adjust well. Jiro. I am from California and i move to Florida. I adjust pretty well. i can adjust anywhere Bad situation or not. I just saying FSDB is crap. Period. I found place that can challenge my mind and my school and actually earn regular diploma. That is that!

correct me if I'm wrong but don't students earn "regular diploma" too at FSDB?

Attack FSDB and tell us that FSDB need to be shut down isn't an opinion. it is attack.

I went there for tour and it was awesome! I'm going there this year. So stop talking a shit about it. Move on.

Right. If it suits your needs then that is all that matters. Just because one person had problems there doesn't mean that you will have problems there. You can make up your own mind.

correct me if I'm wrong but don't students earn "regular diploma" too at FSDB?

Yes. She is talking about a certificate of completion, and many deaf students get a certificate of completion in the mainstream. Why? Their needs are not addressed adequately so they cannot achieve.

Hey, Ray Charles (a famous black musician) attended FSDB. And he used to do benefit concerts, etc. to raise funds because he believed in the school and what they do.

Good Luck Joey!!

Now, keep in mind - have an open mind about being there. At first, there may be so many differences that you may not totally agree with, but as time goes on, it will become natural for you or you may learn to accept it. Some people have had good experiences and a few have not. Please, don't condemn those who did not. They have their specific reasons and you may not run into those same experiences. Stay positive and like I say, keep an open mind. Study hard, ask questions if you have them, and accept any criticism or hard lessons and move on. If you can keep that in mind, you will go far, not just at school, but farther into real life as you get older.

Yes. She is talking about a certificate of completion, and many deaf students get a certificate of completion in the mainstream. Why? Their needs are not addressed adequately so they cannot achieve.

because i notice my 5 other friends who are deaf,but graduated with me,have certificate of completion. however, they werent very assertive toward to teachers about class electives. They were complaining about it bout certain teachers not allowing them pick what courses they are wanted. They asked how i did it. I told them by being assertive and not allowing Teachers choses for me. I am not brain dead but deaf.

what year? 2001-2002 sucks plus my bf was there until end of freshmen year. THey do sucks. he been there i think until 2005 i think but still sucks. Babylue. I went to clinic once a week due bad foods also causes me loses a lot amount of weight. I have chef taste. I know when foods is undercook or overcook. I had to get my parents to pay for my foods from grocery store. Secondly i have terrible roommates except one but still. They are mean, selfish and liar. School is ok but not very challenging for me. I am not ok with traveling 12 hours every week back n to home and only spend only day n half before going back.

If you think FSDB food is bad, you should try Bass Hall at VSDB.

I've had a lot of people (hearing and deaf) tell me it was the worst food ever.
Some foods I just refused to eat even though I was told I was behaving like a two years old. Well, they wouldn't take a no for an answer so I had to make extremely clear that I did not want to eat it. I'm very much a foodie so caferia food was difficult for me.

I can thank Bass Hall for my hate of fried balonga. Sometimes it was even blue green too. :eek:

Um... what exactly do you think judging means? Can you give me an example of a judgmental statement in this case?

I just saying what i believe and based on fact i gather.

judgmental is not stating an opinion or even labeling something as "good" or "bad". Being judgmental is when based on one quality of someone or something you conclude about his whole nature, about all his other qualities. You judge his wholeness based on one aspect.

I knew a deaf guy who went to FSDB. He always blamed his behavior on his experience at FSDB. I have always wondered if this guy had borderline personalty disorder or something. I don't think it was the school that was the problem.

Once as a teen he held some members of his family at knifepoint for 2 hours.. I don't think he was anti social because he was quite capable of feeling remorse.

If you think FSDB food is bad, you should try Bass Hall at VSDB.

I've had a lot of people (hearing and deaf) tell me it was the worst food ever.
Some foods I just refused to eat even though I was told I was behaving like a two years old. Well, they wouldn't take a no for an answer so I had to make extremely clear that I did not want to eat it. I'm very much a foodie so caferia food was difficult for me.

I can thank Bass Hall for my hate of fried balonga. Sometimes it was even blue green too. :eek:

Where is that? i wish i can get Top CHef come to school change everything. lol XD sorry watching too much Kitchen Nightmares.

I knew a deaf guy who went to FSDB. He always blamed his behavior on his experience at FSDB. I have always wondered if this guy had borderline personalty disorder or something. I don't think it was the school that was the problem.

Once as a teen he held some members of his family at knifepoint for 2 hours.. I don't think he was anti social because he was quite capable of feeling remorse.

Deafskeptic. i dont have problem with my own behavior. i was perfectly sane.

Back