I Am New To This Forum but not Deafness

lon1934

Reaction score
I am a retired 87 year old well traveled single male living alone in a nice apartment at Oakmont Assisted living/Memory Care, Fresno, Cal. I have a Cochlear Implant in the let ear that gives me no hearing despite many,many adjustments. I have a resound hearing aid in the right ear that provides minimal comprehension. I hear no music at all, it's just noise. My main means of communication is texting, email and a I Phone with captioning via Clear Captions. I watch TV, Netflix, Roku, Amazon with captioning. I struggle daily trying to communicate with staff, care providers and other residents. My doctor visits are difficult. The wearing of masks due to COVID has not helped my hearing or lip reading. I am glad I have retained some computer knowledge as it has made living alone much eaiser. I welcome any and all comments or suggestions and look forward to participating on this forum

I am a retired 87 year old well traveled single male living alone in a nice apartment at Oakmont Assisted living/Memory Care, Fresno, Cal. I have a Cochlear Implant in the let ear that gives me no hearing despite many,many adjustments. I have a resound hearing aid in the right ear that provides minimal comprehension. I hear no music at all, it's just noise. My main means of communication is texting, email and a I Phone with captioning via Clear Captions. I watch TV, Netflix, Roku, Amazon with captioning. I struggle daily trying to communicate with staff, care providers and other residents. My doctor visits are difficult. The wearing of masks due to COVID has not helped my hearing or lip reading. I am glad I have retained some computer knowledge as it has made living alone much eaiser. I welcome any and all comments or suggestions and look forward to participating on this forum
I am new here I will love to know you much better are you on hangout messenger let chat from there

I am new here I will love to know you much better are you on hangout messenger let chat from there

Back