I am loving this book...

podiecat

Reaction score
'In This Sign' From new sweethearts in the 1930s, up through decades of family, community, historical, and more. Deaf parents, hearing kids.

In This Sign: The Highly Acclaimed Novel of a Family Whose Love and Courage Enable Them to Survive in the Silent World of the Deaf (Owl Books): Joanne Greenberg

Try Hands of my Father by Myron Ulberg? Not sure of that spelling, but it is a true story by a hearing kid of deaf parents in about that same time period.

I loved it and found his love for his parents very beautiful.

Thanks, Bottesini? I'm at B$N right now. I drove 45 minutes to practice sign with someone and she did not show. So I have been looking for more D/d fiction and autobiographies. One thing of many I love about In 'This Sign' is the ongoing references to individual signs and ASL.

innocents of oppression by nick sturley......brillient,..deaf boy at boarding school german teacher starts who got hate for signing....
it written from deaf signers perspective and certain amount of true story to it

you got look for it...had launch in london recenty i read it in two days riviting book

reading malfunction

Try Hands of my Father by Myron Ulberg?

The first time I read this, I misread it as "Hands off my father" -

so in my head I had this book concept of "all you audist hearies get away from my dad!"

Ok. Hands of my Father. Got it. Thank you.

The first time I read this, I misread it as "Hands off my father" -

so in my head I had this book concept of "all you audist hearies get away from my dad!"

Ok. Hands of my Father. Got it. Thank you.

:lol:

Orchid of the Bayou:

A Deaf Woman Faces Blindness [Paperback]
Cathryn Carroll (Author), Catherine Hoffpauir Fischer (Author)

Excellent book!!!!! I bought it used on Amazon for about $3.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1563681048/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1]Amazon.com: Orchid of the Bayou: A Deaf Woman Faces Blindness (9781563681042): Cathryn Carroll, Catherine Hoffpauir Fischer: Books[/ame]

I liked Mean Little Deaf Queer by Terry Galloway.

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

Back