Hubbys new job!

Maybe your husband's Deaf friend thought SEE would be easier for your husband to learn?

My husband signs SEE cuz he said the grammatical rules of ASL are still too hard for him. I respect that and sometimes I end up signing SEE with him. LOL!

I know I must really confuse my Deaf friends because I will remember to use ASL for part of the conversation, but then I get distracted and go back to SEE then I remember and go back to ASL, and thats not even counting the problems with being dyslexic! Watching me sign must be like riding a roller coaster!

Can u give me some examples? Since I cant hear what people say around me so I am just curious what things would be cute. :)

I'll have to ask my daughter for some more examples, but one sticks in my brain. We were all out for pizza and we noticed that one member of the wait staff was being treated poorly, given all the dirty jobs, like mopping the floor, cleaning the bath rooms etc. She had observed this also and she tried to remember the phrase, "low man on the toetum pole" but couldn't so what she ended up saying was, "He must be the low ass hole on the crew". I just about choked on my pizza. There are some cuter things she said but I'll have to ask my daughter and get back to you.

I'll have to ask my daughter for some more examples, but one sticks in my brain. We were all out for pizza and we noticed that one member of the wait staff was being treated poorly, given all the dirty jobs, like mopping the floor, cleaning the bath rooms etc. She had observed this also and she tried to remember the phrase, "low man on the toetum pole" but couldn't so what she ended up saying was, "He must be the low ass hole on the crew". I just about choked on my pizza. There are some cuter things she said but I'll have to ask my daughter and get back to you.

:bowlol:

My husbands new deaf friend just emailed me with answers to my questions. He grew up deaf with hearing parents and had to lip read until college. Then he learned SEE sign in college in 1972. His wife had wanted to be an interpreter at one time but he met her at a restaurant. So the poor man had to lip read most of his life. He says he is glad to have my husband to practice his signing, and he says his wifes ASL is rusty but I told him that was even better because when I come up there to visit she and I can practice! What a wonderful oportunity! Like us they live in the "boonies" so he doesn't have much access to Deaf culture.

i know this is an old post but
I am a hearing husband of my wonderful deaf wife and i have a lot of deaf friends!
I am studying for my ham radio license and at this time designing a module that will plug into any qrp/ cw radio to convert the morse code pulsed to light an led.
i know a few friends are interested in learning morse code but there is a lot more to it than the image of the code.
the reason being when hurricanes or fires hit and take out cell towers vrs will not work but a self powered cw radio will and often reach 500 to 2000 miles or more. and once learned morse code you can talk to anyone who knows morse.

my hope is to develop these kits and make them available to the deaf community at either (very little) or no cost
I will check for company sponsors from the different radio manufacturers.

Congratulations all around.

Never mind the greased lightning, All of that will come back at some point. Some days I am like the Wizard of Oz's rusted tin man, a little oil, some coffee and a smoke or two take care of that along with a dash of diesel. =)

Back