HTC One or SG 4

snallga

Reaction score
Yesterday, I went to AT&T store. I had played on both HTC One and Samsung Galaxy 4. They are very nice and fast responsive. I tested the pictures on HTC One. Frankly, the pictures were good, because of UltraPixel. AT&T rep showed me the picture was very good on low light off exposure when they took it on HTC One after turned light off in the store.

The big display was on SG 4. I hate to saying that Air Gesture and Smart Scroll are annoying me on SG 4. They are not worth for me. I am sorry for that.

Is anyone getting HTC One or SG 4 either? Tell me pros and cons on these HTC One and SG 4. :)

get what you're most comfortable with, in your case, a HTC Oce

get what you're most comfortable with, in your case, a HTC Oce

Thank you, Grummer. I probably will upgrade HTC One, but I will see and wait Apple will announce what they will say about new iPhone 5S this summer.

I have been facing the same decision and reading XDA forums and many other reviews. I actually got the S4 even though I like the feel of the HTC One better. I don't use any sound at all on my phone so the HTC speakers were not a plus for me. I have a few days left on my trial period with the S4. I often crop pictures and zoom way in so I am concerned that the HTC 4 ultrapixels will not give a good end result, though it takes really great pictures. All of the gimmicks on the S4 I can't stand and plan to turn them off. I have read that they are what is causing lagging in the S4.

I wish the HTC was more megapixels, like 8 would be fine.

I have had the Samsung Infuse for two years but it is having issues now. I'm on the TAP program (no voice) so my monthly payment is only $30. I don't love the S4 but I will probably keep it... or maybe send it back and wait a few months while the update the firmwear and fix some issues.

I have been facing the same decision and reading XDA forums and many other reviews. I actually got the S4 even though I like the feel of the HTC One better. I don't use any sound at all on my phone so the HTC speakers were not a plus for me. I have a few days left on my trial period with the S4. I often crop pictures and zoom way in so I am concerned that the HTC 4 ultrapixels will not give a good end result, though it takes really great pictures. All of the gimmicks on the S4 I can't stand and plan to turn them off. I have read that they are what is causing lagging in the S4.

I wish the HTC was more megapixels, like 8 would be fine.

I have had the Samsung Infuse for two years but it is having issues now. I'm on the TAP program (no voice) so my monthly payment is only $30. I don't love the S4 but I will probably keep it... or maybe send it back and wait a few months while the update the firmwear and fix some issues.

I heard that HTC will release new software update for the camera on HTC One soon. Whether, it will improve anyway.

Yes, but unfortunately no update can make 4 megapixels to be 8 or more. I thought the HTC display was much better than the S4 though.

I'm going to get the HTC One when my contract is up for renewal in a months time. I've got a HTC Desire HD at the moment, and apart from the woeful battery life it's been a great piece of kit.
I don't think it'll sell too well though - It's up against the SG4 and that sems to be the phone of the moment - everyone I know who owns a Smartphone either has a Samsung Galaxy or iPhone.
Apple seems to have dropped the ball with their iPhone 5 though - the Maps debacle didn't help them.

My opinion:

S4 (i9500 model number) if you want fast processor and quality screen. i9500 uses AMOLED LCD, which is one of the best quality screens to use in sunlight or bright area. A lot of other phones use IPS (like iphone) or S-LCD or TN which is different than AMOLED. There are some review sites that will show you the difference. Also, keep in mind if you buy the AT&T S4, it is the 4-core Snapdragon 1.9Ghz chipset. The international S4 uses the Exynos 1.6Ghz 8-core, which is the stronger SoC/cpu. Right now, not a lot of apps are coded for single core so people don't notice the difference. Only in benchmarks and 3d gaming or apps it will show some difference.

HTC One if you want quality. The 4MP camera might sound bad, but the lens and photo quality is superior to make up for the smaller MP. I think the only difference between 4MP and 8MP phone cameras is the 8MP phones adds more pixels, but the more pixels does not give better quality. You also need to spend time to resize the photos if you want to share it.

The S4 is obviously plastic, which a lot of people dislike. Personally I think most people put their phone in a case anyway so the whole argument about phone exterior quality is pointless.

Last edited:
Samsung Galaxy S4 is still winner! Apple IPhones still want to beat Samsung Galaxy series. of course, Apple and Samsung both are rival! I had HTC but HTC was not worth to buy because it has a lot of issues. I bought new Samsung Galaxy S3 last summer and I love it! I wish I buy S4 but my contract will be expired next summer. I played with HTC one at Best Buy store and I disliked it. Go for Samsung Galaxy S4! Its champion!

I took photo of some devices for comparison.

Here's Galaxy Tab 7.7 International (S-AMOLED) vs iPod Touch 4 (TN) vs Galaxy S2 International (S-AMOLED)
1LnanaY.jpg

Asus Transformer (IPS) vs GTab 7.7 (S-AMOLED)
q5y3rxT.jpg

S-AMOLED vs S-AMOLED
ElVZ7XH.png

S-AMOLED vs TN
UTxUErI.png

S-AMOLED vs IPS
0DsMLli.jpg

Last edited:
My opinion:

S4 (i9500 model number) if you want fast processor and quality screen. i9500 uses AMOLED LCD, which is one of the best quality screens to use in sunlight or bright area. A lot of other phones use IPS (like iphone) or S-LCD or TN which is different than AMOLED. There are some review sites that will show you the difference. Also, keep in mind if you buy the AT&T S4, it is the 4-core Snapdragon 1.9Ghz chipset. The international S4 uses the Exynos 1.6Ghz 8-core, which is the stronger SoC/cpu. Right now, not a lot of apps are coded for single core so people don't notice the difference. Only in benchmarks and 3d gaming or apps it will show some difference.

HTC One if you want quality. The 4MP camera might sound bad, but the lens and photo quality is superior to make up for the smaller MP. I think the only difference between 4MP and 8MP phone cameras is the 8MP phones adds more pixels, but the more pixels does not give better quality. You also need to spend time to resize the photos if you want to share it.

The S4 is obviously plastic, which a lot of people dislike. Personally I think most people put their phone in a case anyway so the whole argument about phone exterior quality is pointless.

Remember, SG 4 has 16 GB storage. I heard that Snapdragon 600 on SG 4 does not support LTE and Exynos can support LTE. HTC One has 32 or 64 GB storage. Well, people complaint that HTC One don't have SD slot and removable battery. It similar to iPhone 5. My opinion, I will sync files from HTC One to my computer, I don't need SD slot. I suggest that thief can steal any files on SD slot from SG 4.

Well, I am sending back the S4 and getting the HTC One. My eyes really had trouble with the amoled display. The final straw was trying to take pictures outside during a sunny day. The pictures were okay, not great, but even worse was the rainbow reflection from the sun. I went to Best Buy and played with the HTC and it was way easier on my eyes.

Well, I am sending back the S4 and getting the HTC One. My eyes really had trouble with the amoled display. The final straw was trying to take pictures outside during a sunny day. The pictures were okay, not great, but even worse was the rainbow reflection from the sun. I went to Best Buy and played with the HTC and it was way easier on my eyes.

then do that, your eyes is the better judge than pure 'specs' games, specs are not true indicators of how it would run in the real world where it really counts.

I'm so thankful that I was able to try the S4 first to get clear. Now the HTC One is priced at $149 at Walmart! AT&T still has it at $199. What a deal! My monthly plan fee is only about $30 due to the TAP program and successfully using Text+.

PAH!!!

Now to decide between Glacial Silver or Stealth Black. LOL

The HTC One is how much????

Jeez, thats cheap. Over here in Australia they're being sold for A$698 - nearly five times the price, despite the exchange rate being nearly the same.

I was going to get one on contract, but I think I'll just ask one of you guys to ship me one from the States and just get a SIM card...

I know things cost more over here but what a rip-off........

Anyway Rant Over :)

Ok, got myself a HTC One on a 12-month contract and........

It's great :)

The all-metal design looks a million dollars and the sound is fantastic. I'm not sure what BeatsAudio do to make the sound that good but listening to mp3's thru the HTC One knocks spots off any of the iPods I've owned - it's bloody loud as well :) It's clear that HTC are chasing the iPhone market.

Ok, got myself a HTC One on a 12-month contract and........

It's great :)

The all-metal design looks a million dollars and the sound is fantastic. I'm not sure what BeatsAudio do to make the sound that good but listening to mp3's thru the HTC One knocks spots off any of the iPods I've owned - it's bloody loud as well :) It's clear that HTC are chasing the iPhone market.

I got HTC One at my AT&T store yesterday. The rep said I can trade in for new device. The rep and I look at the trade in program on his iPad and got $100 reward. I had upgraded to HTC One and paid it on both promotion card and my payment. I am happy to use HTC One. My HTC One is black and really like it. :)

Back