HTC Fuze vs iPhone and TAP plan

Sword7

Reaction score
Hello folks,

Well, since I currently have AT&T 8525 PDA phone, I had narrowed down to two phones - HTC Fuze and iPhone for my next phone soon. I got an offer from AT&T for upgrade to HTC Fuze for $149 by May 1st. An offer requires both voice and data plan (least $39 + $30) to qualify for low price $149. Is that possible to buy that with $30 TAP plan?

Does anyone have any experience with both phones? Does HTC Fuze offer movies with closed caption like that in iPhone? Does it support relay calls by using AIM or terminal software and tethering for laptop use? How many apps do both phones support? I know that current iPhone support relay calls by using AIM and movies with closed caption.

I heard that new next-gen iPhone will be out in this summer. That supports fast 3D games, electronic compass, etc. Or have I to wait until this summer and upgrade to new iPhone? If I already upgrade to HTC Fuze, is that still possible to buy new iPhone in this summer by adding 2nd line or upgrade under TAP plan or wait another 2 years? Does adding 2nd line to my existing account require credit check?

Does TAP plan support tethering for laptop use like that Sprint Relay plan?

Thanks!
Tim

$50 on TAP for iPhone.

$30 on TAP for anything, but not Blackberry nor iPhone.

Is HTC Fuze running under Windows Mobile 6.1?

My wife has AT&T 8525 with WM6.1. She is tired of internet does not work then pull battery off from cellphone then put battery back as re-boot.

My wife has AT&T 8525 with WM6.1. She is tired of internet does not work then pull battery off from cellphone then put battery back as re-boot.

Do you mean AT&T 8925 (HTC tilt)? There's no 8525 that runs WM 6.1, only the 6.0, unless someone hacked the ROM to work on 6.1.

My AT&T (8525) Tilt includes MW 6.0 Professional. I won't install updated WM 6.1 because I m afraid to lose SPB Pocket Plus program.

If you like the novelty of the SK keyboard and the functionality of a BB, I suggest the T-mobile G1 if you are on TM.
The new android OS is very stable. I have been reading there is a newer "G2" coming out sometime soon, but I have no idea about it.

There are some downsides if you are on ATT using an unlocked phone on the G1, which is what I am doing. ATT doesn't have the same spectrums as TM so I don't get to use 3G, I end up having to use EDGE.

But overall, the G1 has everything you need especially if google is a big part of your life. Google maps, gmail, youtube, a lot of it is integrated into the G1.

Here's a picture of mine if you have not been able to find good "real life" examples on the net:

2chndhv.jpg

Feel free to let me know if you have questions.

If you have AT&T 8525 PDA phone already on TAP then just go buy upgrade and remove sim card from 8525 and put in Fuze. There no need to change or add plans.

If you have regular AT&T plan then go get the Fuze and apply for TAP. They will take off the voice plan when they approve your application and turn it to a unlimited data only for 30 a month.

Or try get the TAP now put on AT&T 8525 and then upgrade to Fuze keeping TAP by transfering sim card to Fuze from 8525

If you like the novelty of the SK keyboard and the functionality of a BB, I suggest the T-mobile G1 if you are on TM.
The new android OS is very stable. I have been reading there is a newer "G2" coming out sometime soon, but I have no idea about it.

There are some downsides if you are on ATT using an unlocked phone on the G1, which is what I am doing. ATT doesn't have the same spectrums as TM so I don't get to use 3G, I end up having to use EDGE.

But overall, the G1 has everything you need especially if google is a big part of your life. Google maps, gmail, youtube, a lot of it is integrated into the G1.

Here's a picture of mine if you have not been able to find good "real life" examples on the net:

2chndhv.jpg

Feel free to let me know if you have questions.

It's shame for tmobile to have different spectrum for 3G and would make more harder for tmobile to have hot compete against att.

Hi, I have a G1 but haven't yet found a relay app for it. I have been checking out a lot of other apps. My previous phone was a sidekick (as was the one that preceded it)...
I really liked my sidekick especially the relay app I was able to download free. I didn't like the keyboard;

and ihave trouble typing with this one too. It has taken me about 40 mintes so far
But I love it anyway! I have found many many interwesing apps, and I can put ina huge SD card to fit lots of apps& big files- it's really a palm-sized computer! Good luck! Enjoy it if you get it!
Lois

rumor told that TAP plan for iPhone will cut cost since the regular plan for iPhone will be also cut, too. Shall see about it until this summer short.

rumor told that TAP plan for iPhone will cut cost since the regular plan for iPhone will be also cut, too. Shall see about it until this summer short.

wow i didn't know that.. mm i hopefully they make cut low price :D

ATT only have TAP for one phone iphoney... 40 bucks for unlimited data/unlimited txt messaging...

Thats why I got the Bold ... Much more flexable and stable than the iphoney...

One rep suggested getting the Palms Centro for 29 bucks ( minus 100 dollar rebate ) and adding the Data for 30 bucks and txting for 20 bucks...

Danger Inc that created the Sidekick got bought out by Microsoft. And Microsoft is already firing the SK people.

Sidekick will soon be historyyyyyy....

Yes, AT&T is considering offering cheaper data service plans for all customers. I hope that TAP plan would cut cost.

ATT only have TAP for one phone iphoney... 40 bucks for unlimited data/unlimited txt messaging...

Thats why I got the Bold ... Much more flexable and stable than the iphoney...

One rep suggested getting the Palms Centro for 29 bucks ( minus 100 dollar rebate ) and adding the Data for 30 bucks and txting for 20 bucks...

AT&T have 2 different TAP plan for iPhone .. 40 and 50 bucks ... 40 is for the 1st gen 2G iPhone and 50 is for the 2nd Gen+ 3G iPhone

Here the link with price listing iPhone TAP - Text Accessibility Plan for iPhone | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular

But I notice they added a new TAP plan now ..

Hearing Aid Compatibility and wireless phones | AT&T wireless services

Still same old 30 dollar a month for unlimited data and 5000 sms txt message

But new is 40 dollar a month for ulimited data and sms txt ..

Here TAP plan price list (not for iPhone but for Tilt etc) - Hearing Aid Compatibility and wireless phones | AT&T wireless services

G1 phone by Tmobile looked like a cheap piece of plastic..

One drop and that thing will shatter...

Back