Howdy Doo from Austin, TX

blaqueinque

Reaction score
Hello :wave:

so who am i? Well, I think of myself as down to earth, I can sometimes be a tad bit shy, quiet, but easy to talk to, intelligent, and strong, with the determination to pursue happiness wherever the path happens to lead me.

i am hearing and have always wanted to learn ASL. At the moment I am currently learning ASL at a local college...a beginner :D

i am a very open-minded individual and would enjoy meeting the same.

i am me. I spent too much of my life being too concerned about what everybody would think and say. I have now learned that I can't live my life for others, I have to live my life for me.

i am a Chicago native (SOUTH SIDE), I presently live in Austin, TX...HOOK EM HORNS.

i am a mother. I have two daughters ages 14 and 10.

i am employed within the insurance industry as a Property and Casualty Insurance Claims Adjuster.

my free time is spent at home listening to music (music is my addiction) and watching movies. During the weekends I often travel to Houston, Texas to visit with family and friends. I love Chinese and Italian food.

soooo...that's me in a nut shell :D

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Well, if you are hearing, you will learn all about our deaf experiences and other topics of how we struggled with deafness, being in the mainstream school or Deaf school. Also for being deaf or hard of hearing adults, we struggled also with hearing people trying to find jobs, or trying to get an interpreter for the doctor's office, or meetings or going to see a play or anywhere when we need interpreters. Life in the hearing world is not always that great and that is why we love being in the Deaf Community and sign with ASL so that we can be able to understand each other better than the hearing world. You are welcome to discuss and debate with us. :)

So hopefully you can stay and have fun with us. Enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around. :wave:

Hey fellow Texan! You like deaf and ASL then you are in a good town. Both Austin and Houston have a thriving Deaf community.

Curious - why do you like ASL?

Welcome and enjoy your time here!

I have always wanted to learn ASL. I have a deaf/HOH friend in Indiana, he is totally awesome and he told me to go for it. He suggested that I learn more about the deaf culture/deaf community in the process, so here I am : )

There are a lot of interesting topics and posts on this website. I have also joined many deaf/HOH groups on facebook to learn more and hopefully meet new friends : )

Hiii, I was born and raised in Austin, Texas as well! But I currently live in Connecticut. What part of Austin do you live in? I formerly lived in River Place, just near to Steiner Ranch Elementary School.

Back