How you know right thing?

I wisdom watch on careful on honest and relationship and more idea communication worth up

many people have troubleshooting relationship or hard to family not easy! my grandparents 50 anniversity they good continue! they great fine!

I wisdom watch on careful on honest and relationship and more idea communication worth up

many people have troubleshooting relationship or hard to family not easy! my grandparents 50 anniversity they good continue! they great fine!
Your grandparents are a good example. :)

Your grandparents are a good example. :)

Thank you so much point topic!grandparents is good impressive strong! they lots of experience almost 50 anniverisity! my grandparent lots of skills best family care teach children

Sunny, you are the only person who can decide whether you can live with him or not. I understand you are asking questions regarding this for feedback - but deep down inside, only you know.

Only time will tell you if you have made the right decision or not.

Well, my initial question just about how I will know what right, not actually ask anyone what right.

Well, my initial question just about how I will know what right, not actually ask anyone what right.

Embrace uncertainty. No matter which path you take, you might have moments of thinking, "Oh, I should have done the other thing!"

Those thoughts can undermine your self-confidence. Trust in yourself, listen to your own intuitions, and you'll know what to do.

Life unfolds step-by-step, not all at once. All you have to do is figure out what step you want to take NOW. Step by step, everything will fall into place to make up your life. You don't have to think further ahead than what feels right for you to do at this moment, at this point in your relationship with Dallas and your relationship with yourself. Be true to your own goals in life.

Well, some do, actually. I'm still very good friends with a guy I first met in kindergarten. And that was a LONG time ago! He lived across the street from me. We were best friends from the time we met. Only just friends, though, not romantically involved at all.

Our senior year in h.s. (different schools), he introduced me to a guy he KNEW would be just right for me, and he was - it was "love at first sight" and we ended up dating for four years, for the rest of high school and most of college.

And THAT guy is also still a good friend, even though we ended up going our separate ways and marrying other people.

My very best female friend is someone I met at age 6, too. We have a long, long history together, through many moves and career changes and all that.

So I'd never put down the possibility of a life-long friendship.

At the same time - if someone is having some doubts about making a life-long commitment to someone, those little warning signs going off in your head are begging to have attention paid to them, because SOME-thing is going on, for sure.

Family stays with you for life, but friends don't really don't. Nothing lasts forever.

I am so glad you made the right decision. Though I will admit I don't love some of what was said in this thread.

How you know for sure right stay someone, or right leave? Something should know instinct? How decide when both feel right, both feel wrong?

Sweetie, you instinct right first time. Take a break. Take time for you to get to know you without him. Been working *SO* much miss your thread. Sorry.

Another wise poster say in thread, "If it doesn't feel right, then it isn't." That is how I feel as well.

It probably seem scary to change the only thing you know. Facing that fear is important to you beginning a life that can be full of healthy love with someone someday. But change can only come from within.

One night stand, to me, is sign of bigger problem. Sign that marriage should be *last* thing to be doing. Sign that there is a reason it happen in the first place. Maybe youth mistake? Maybe cry for help to get out of relationship? Maybe just too much alcohol? Almost always reason for someone to have one night stand. You are smart young, beautiful, caring woman and will figure it out. :hug:

My son is 20, so is his girlfriend. They have been together 3 years, off and on. They fight, break up, get back together. It's a never-ending cycle. They insult each other, call each other names, the list goes on and on. She just got her own apartment (a studio), and wants him to "grow up" and live with her....Her parents and family do not like my son, calling him irresponsible, (and in some ways they are right about this).

They both have cheated on each other also....how do I know these things? They come and tell me, so I'm in the middle of it all, inasmuch as I try not to be. I have advised both of them to "take a break" from each other.

But my advise falls on deaf ears!....One minute they are all "lovy-dovy" the next they are fighting and screaming at each other with accusations and insults.

No talk of marriage or engagement has happened yet, and I'm hoping it doesn't. And I'm also hoping my son will not move in with her....I told him it's best to just see each other (even tho' he's admitted he loves her), and I do like her very much. But at this time, with both of them acting so immature, a long standing relationship is not in the cards, not even a successful marriage.

They "broke up" again yesterday....but more than likely be back together in a few days. Seems they both "share a connection", whatever it is that makes them go back and forth....

Whatever the outcome of their relationship/friendship, I don't forsee it being good. But again, they have to deal with this on their own!...No mater the advise of anybody that gives them words of wisdom...they don't listen to it....

I'm crossing all of my fingers and toes that everyone is using protection including birth control, spermicidal gels, the whole shabang! The whole rollercoaster ride is not fun, and one day someone will want to get off the ride. You will be a different person at 30. Trust, your desires should/would be different, and the older you get the more nonsense you will stand. You want to be stable at least emotionally by a certain age. No one wants to play that game until they are sixty. So ask yourself is this where you want to be at sixty? Arguing with someone?

The hormones are bubbling when we're young. It's very easy to mistake those hormonal surges for "love." Real love is peaceful, caring, considerate of each other.

Doesn't sound like that's what your son and his girlfriend have.

Family stays with you for life, but friends don't really don't. Nothing lasts forever.

Some friends stay with you for life, and some family members don't. While nothing lasts forever, cuz we're all gonna die some day, there is such a thing as life-long friendship. I've seen it in my own family. My mom was good friends with three women she first met in kindergarten; those friendships lasted a good 80-plus years, until all four of them passed on.

I've been friends with some people now for better than 50 years.

Maybe some people have more of a capacity for life-long friendships than others; maybe geography and moving around makes a difference; maybe some people feel their friendships are important enough to make a priority, while others don't.

At this stage of my life, I can say it is a wonderful thing to have known some of my friends since childhood. We've seen each other grow up, fall in love, out of love, into marriage, out of marriage, have kids, dogs, whatever. Those friendships are deeply treasured.

While I can't predict the future, I'd say it's a good bet they will be life-long.

It's tough. I first married at 20, but what I wanted at 20 was not my best match. Don't get me wrong, I thought I was in love and he was a decent guy. But looking back at it now I think I wanted to get married to achieve adult status in my parents eyes, and get some independence.

The marriage didn't last - and happily we didn't have any children to complicate it. Later I found a wonderful man. Smart, fun, and from a wonderful, loving family.

Take your time finding your mate, and then treat them well and lovingly - even when life is crappy.

much think about here...i break up dallas, he beg take him back...try decide. Both feel right, both feel wrong. Don't know which should listen to.

what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dallas me break up before (shameful one night stand thread...) then get back together, he ask me him, I say yes, but now we break up again. :( He beg take him back, I try decide.

More love for Dallas? ;)

You Love Dallas why did you break up!! I actually just shed a tear!! You and Dallas soul mates!

^^^Agree. Sunny needs time to think things through. She's young and hasn't had a chance to spread her wings yet.

Back