how useful are hearing aids?

mypjpants

Reaction score
I recently was diagnosed as hard of hearing and I'm thinking about getting a hearing aid for my right ear(the worse one) but im wondering if it will help any or if itll just be a waste of money.

Start out with BTEs. They have the most power. Nobody can tell you what hearing aid is best b/c response is so indivdual. Trial a ton of them! See what works best for you

Start out with BTEs. They have the most power. Nobody can tell you what hearing aid is best b/c response is so indivdual. Trial a ton of them! See what works best for you

word. they are pretty easy to mantain too :)

I did the research on all the different types of hearing aids and you're suggestion was perfect. I have a lot of clogging in my ears so any other hearing aid would probably get clogged in the speaker.

I would suggest an "open fit" BTE if it will help enough. I have those for both ears and I like them a lot.

A hearing aid is a small electronic device that you wear in or behind your ear .

Not always.

hearing+trumpet.jpg

11th-january-1963-a-man-demonstrating-a-long-distance-ear-trumpet-at-picture-id3317613

Back