How to socialize with hearings.

The*Empress

Reaction score
1. Be more outgoing.
2. Keep everyone entertained. Have parties or invite them to home movies with popcorn or pizza. Or bring along a puppy.
3. Have it clear in your mind
4. Smile a lot. People will respond in kind, and start to see you as more open and approachable.
5. Have pen and paper, ask the new people their names.
6. Wear brighter clothes... to attract people attention. It makes you feel energetic and outgoing.

Anything I need to add here??? :confused:
How do we socialize with the hearing people well?

If I wanted to socialize with hearies, I got a better idea...go to WORK!

Work aint just about money, its also about meeting interesting people!

be less annoying.
be more considerate.
be more mature.
and most of all, just be yourself.

well not just going to work...
but taking a class...
My aunt suggested me to take CPR class...
to learn CPR.
And I think going to church...
I can meet new nice people there.....
I didn't like the church my mom go...
because there isn't much activity I wanted to do.
And maybe go to deaf event and alldeaf members meetings
and everything else...
Email people and stuff.
I am planning to go other events and join some groups.

i just think Miss p may dont want to WORK....but good luck with other activities though

I am afraid of meeting men, cause they
wanna settle down... They are
looking for a good wife....
And I don't like the pressure...
especially from friends.
Like having my freedom....
That is main reason why I am
afraid to socialize.
How can I avoid friends who
want to play matchmaker?

simple and we have told u this MANY TIMES tell the dude u just want to be friends and if he can't respect that he ain't ur friend!

:roll:

and even tho u made a good post sometimes u balk on the reality of life. u gotta practice what you preach :) :wave:

You said that you want to meet only hearing people? If yes, then go to WORK to get know them.

javapride said:
simple and we have told u this MANY TIMES tell the dude u just want to be friends and if he can't respect that he ain't ur friend!

:roll:

and even tho u made a good post sometimes u balk on the reality of life. u gotta practice what you preach :) :wave:

Yeah, people expect me to be a people pleaser... And I don't want to be a people pleaser. They would call me a bitch if I turn them down.

Liebling:-))) said:
You said that you want to meet only hearing people? If yes, then go to WORK to get know them.

What about you? Do you want to be friends with hearing people?

Miss*Pinocchio said:
especially from friends.
afraid to socialize.
want to play matchmaker?

that make me wonder WHY In the world Miss P post tips on how to socialize with hearing people....

get a grip will you!

:repost:

I saw on the website... and write down some stuff...
And maybe I should make general,
how to socialize with all people.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
What about you? Do you want to be friends with hearing people?

Yes, I has a full time job. I am only one who are deaf. I has good friend with some of my hearing co-workers who accept what I am.

I also befriend with some of hearing mothers whom their children befriend with my children.

I accept what they are.

I taught few of hearing friends how to use sign language.

No backstabbing or create rumors. U will lose more friends/respect that way.

respect other people even you don't like it, tough shit, put up with it or leave if you don't like it.

Don't be hostile like RS. Be friendly and important of all, be PATIENT even people may not understand you by speaking or listening, repeat as many as you need to get your point across.

I am only deaf employee here at my company, been there for 7 yrs, not a problem ever since.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
especially from friends.
afraid to socialize.
want to play matchmaker?
Just tell 'em who hits on you that you just want to be friends.

as simple as that!

MissP..are you afraid of meetng men because you are weak and will cave in so you feel that you have to do the extreme by avoiding them at all costs, even at expense of not making friends who could potentially match you up with a guy??? :dunno:

I think you are lot stronger than you think you are. I think you can eventually find an area where you can be assertive with men. There is no reason to be frightened of. Not all men are like that. They can handle being just friends.

Meg said:
MissP..are you afraid of meetng men because you are weak and will cave in so you feel that you have to do the extreme by avoiding them at all costs, even at expense of not making friends who could potentially match you up with a guy??? :dunno:

I think you are lot stronger than you think you are. I think you can eventually find an area where you can be assertive with men. There is no reason to be frightened of. Not all men are like that. They can handle being just friends.

Yep - I agree. I have several women who are just my friends. No problem there. Like Meg says, not all men are same, it's just true for women as well.

downing said:

respect other people even you don't like it, tough shit, put up with it or leave if you don't like it.

Don't be hostile like RS. Be friendly and important of all, be PATIENT even people may not understand you by speaking or listening, repeat as many as you need to get your point across.

I am only deaf employee here at my company, been there for 7 yrs, not a problem ever since.

Yeah, I strongly agree with Downing! Likewise, I'm only deaf employee at Naval base where about 5,000 civilians/contractors/military work! No problem... respect is the key and having postive attitude even in bad situations can greatly help.

downing said:

:werd:

I´m only deaf employee. I show my respect on them. I do is leave them alone if they doesnt respect what I am.

Back