How to cope?

Hwy99

Reaction score
I have been thinking where to put this topic because my situation does not include only because that I was gay and have boyfriend, but as well as many reasons. However I am putting this topic in the GLBT section anyway because it was because that I was gay and having boyfriend that all starts.

I met my boyfriend last August and he was very wonderful for my life, I never had a relationship for 6 years due to fear from being hurt like my ex girlfriend. This guy was very wonderful for me and I somehow put picture of ourselves on the Facebook and the rest of my families such like my anuts, uncles, grandparents, etc. finally found out that I was gay and I couldn't believe how harsh choices they have gave to me.

"I am not approval of the homosexual acts and do not want to be witness to see you like that. Thus I would prefer to see you, not with your boyfriend."

So that is what made me losing more than half of my families. It happened last November.

At the ending of December, I got arrested which wasn't my fault and my parents was the one who holding my money that are enough to bail me out. They refused. It was very frustrating and unbelieveable my parents just tell me something like this, "It's better for you just to stay in the jail to be safe". So I ended up staying in for too long, missing the first time snowing, New Years, and the 6th month annserviary with my boyfriend because of them and I have to cut our relationship because I have enough of them for total of histories trying to control my life even though I am already adult.

So that lose me my parents. It also make me changing my names too as well.

Ever since I have to crossline from my parents, the rest of other family that I still can talk and be around, they seems untrustable for me because they just kept telling my parents about me so it make me stay avoiding from seeing them.

Plus, ever since I have a boyfriend, a lot of friends became jealous over us and was trying to break our relationship so it cost me losing friends as well.

All those have been happening just about two seasons, it is like everything's flip over from the true love to the hatred of hell.

But for now, I am OK. I am not really used to have less friends and less families to be around, my boyfriend is all I have now.

I am just asking how to cope this and be brave to continue away from my family that I love and at the same time that are against me? How can I be very happy with my life? It is just a big step for me to step and it will be the different experiences for me...

I have been thinking where to put this topic because my situation does not include only because that I was gay and have boyfriend, but as well as many reasons. However I am putting this topic in the GLBT section anyway because it was because that I was gay and having boyfriend that all starts.

I met my boyfriend last August and he was very wonderful for my life, I never had a relationship for 6 years due to fear from being hurt like my ex girlfriend. This guy was very wonderful for me and I somehow put picture of ourselves on the Facebook and the rest of my families such like my anuts, uncles, grandparents, etc. finally found out that I was gay and I couldn't believe how harsh choices they have gave to me.

"I am not approval of the homosexual acts and do not want to be witness to see you like that. Thus I would prefer to see you, not with your boyfriend."

So that is what made me losing more than half of my families. It happened last November.

At the ending of December, I got arrested which wasn't my fault and my parents was the one who holding my money that are enough to bail me out. They refused. It was very frustrating and unbelieveable my parents just tell me something like this, "It's better for you just to stay in the jail to be safe". So I ended up staying in for too long, missing the first time snowing, New Years, and the 6th month annserviary with my boyfriend because of them and I have to cut our relationship because I have enough of them for total of histories trying to control my life even though I am already adult.

So that lose me my parents. It also make me changing my names too as well.

Ever since I have to crossline from my parents, the rest of other family that I still can talk and be around, they seems untrustable for me because they just kept telling my parents about me so it make me stay avoiding from seeing them.

Plus, ever since I have a boyfriend, a lot of friends became jealous over us and was trying to break our relationship so it cost me losing friends as well.

All those have been happening just about two seasons, it is like everything's flip over from the true love to the hatred of hell.

But for now, I am OK. I am not really used to have less friends and less families to be around, my boyfriend is all I have now.

I am just asking how to cope this and be brave to continue away from my family that I love and at the same time that are against me? How can I be very happy with my life? It is just a big step for me to step and it will be the different experiences for me...

That's happened to me in 2005 and 2006, I had lost some of families due homosexual, even they labeled bisexual as gay and I told them that bisexual is just attract on between man and woman so they won't understand and being stubborn to label bisexual as gay. I know about my parent does accept my bisexual but not completely because they don't care about any politicians who is anti-gay so they will vote because they don't want new taxes, despite about being more liberal than I does.

It is most important about you to be focused with boyfriend so not worry about parent or relatives that's not accept about you, you have many good friends from alldeaf and they would able to help to make your life so better and don't worry about anti-gay remark because there is only few members who is anti-gay so they won't bother but just speak out for while. For me, I have zero tolerance on homophobia and would make ruthless deal if it is happen in real life but for online, it is just different and I could make harsh comment if I want as long as subjecting to forum rule.

In 2005, My grandma tried to put me to reparative therapy after I admitted her that I'm bisexual and she said that bisexual is just gay so very bad for me. She said you maybe get AIDS/HIV for being gay and told me that she would not allow me to be freedom in real world after become adult. She called my parent about I'm bisexual and lobbied them to make me to stay at grandma house for rest life so she could protect my life from get AIDS from other men. That's leading me to become very rebel and broke my grandma's tv so she became speechless and abused me with belt so I called police and have put me in custody until my parent came to pick me up. My parent is just very unbelieve that I had done to my grandma and I have very bad red stings on my skin due abused with belt, even I can't believe that my grandma haven't been arrest for child abuse because I was 17 years old at this time.

After had serious situation so it make me to become closeted person buit not totally until got other homophobia situation at high school and have think about break up with my boyfriend but not finalized until 2006 when I tried to become straight but failed because sex orientation cannot be change so I decided to accept to being bisexual in last 2 years ago. I'm really want conservative, religious and republican to stay out of homosexual communities so they must treat us so fair as everyone does. I'm really very sad about my boyfriend right now and have think about meet him in near future.

That's happened to me in 2005 and 2006, I had lost some of families due homosexual, even they labeled bisexual as gay and I told them that bisexual is just attract on between man and woman so they won't understand and being stubborn to label bisexual as gay. I know about my parent does accept my bisexual but not completely because they don't care about any politicians who is anti-gay so they will vote because they don't want new taxes, despite about being more liberal than I does.

It is most important about you to be focused with boyfriend so not worry about parent or relatives that's not accept about you, you have many good friends from alldeaf and they would able to help to make your life so better and don't worry about anti-gay remark because there is only few members who is anti-gay so they won't bother but just speak out for while. For me, I have zero tolerance on homophobia and would make ruthless deal if it is happen in real life but for online, it is just different and I could make harsh comment if I want as long as subjecting to forum rule.

In 2005, My grandma tried to put me to reparative therapy after I admitted her that I'm bisexual and she said that bisexual is just gay so very bad for me. She said you maybe get AIDS/HIV for being gay and told me that she would not allow me to be freedom in real world after become adult. She called my parent about I'm bisexual and lobbied them to make me to stay at grandma house for rest life so she could protect my life from get AIDS from other men. That's leading me to become very rebel and broke my grandma's tv so she became speechless and abused me with belt so I called police and have put me in custody until my parent came to pick me up. My parent is just very unbelieve that I had done to my grandma and I have very bad red stings on my skin due abused with belt, even I can't believe that my grandma haven't been arrest for child abuse because I was 17 years old at this time.

After had serious situation so it make me to become closeted person buit not totally until got other homophobia situation at high school and have think about break up with my boyfriend but not finalized until 2006 when I tried to become straight but failed because sex orientation cannot be change so I decided to accept to being bisexual in last 2 years ago. I'm really want conservative, religious and republican to stay out of homosexual communities so they must treat us so fair as everyone does. I'm really very sad about my boyfriend right now and have think about meet him in near future.

Yeah I remember you told me about your grandma, I think it was very ignorant to put you through the therpay and the violence situation just because you admitted that you were bisexual, wow...

I am glad that you still be proud of who you are and be yourself for now on :) I hope you meet your boyfriend someday soon, I hope it would be the best for two of you..

Sure I will focus with my boyfriend more, I got your point that it was not really worth it to go back to those who are against who I am..

Thanks for the sharing :) I am really sorry that you have to go through terrific that your grandma threats you. :hug:

Back