How to convert non-Youtube videos?

Sharky99

Reaction score
OK I was wondering if anyone know how to convert non-YouTube video links as I have tried to convert a file from somewhere other than YouTube in the CatchVideo site with no success.... such as insufficant file name and etc... I just am wondering if anyone know of any other sites that can convert all files no matter what link is from, YouTube or others.....

What are you trying to convert to? Sorry but I don't understand fully what you are intending to do.

Are you trying to save youtube & flash video links? Or do you watch mpg/wmv/streaming video online thru something like windows media player and want to save that?

What are you trying to convert to? Sorry but I don't understand fully what you are intending to do.

Are you trying to save youtube & flash video links? Or do you watch mpg/wmv/streaming video online thru something like windows media player and want to save that?

Yeah that one.. I was trying to save a non-YouTube link via CatchVideo (which is a YouTube link converter for music, video) and etc and it didnt work.. so I need one video converter to do coverting non-YouTube videos .. that's all I can explain best...and I want to save that link to Windows Media Player format somehow for watching later on.....

Use this site:
VideoDL.org - Download Online Video (Google Video, YouTube etc) in a Flash!

I just tested it and it still works. Basically you put in the youtube link in there, which for example is like this:
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHzcN1GEDBQ
then click the link that says download link and you'll get prompted to save the file.
Make sure you save it in .FLV (Flash) extension, and on a sidenote this is the same display format that youtube uses.

Once you save it, open the file, it may ask you what to associate it with. Choose your internet browser, mainly Internet Explorer or Firefox. Then you can watch it directly without having the hassle of converting it to other formats.

If you do want to convert the .flv something like .avi or .mpg format, you'll have to download a video encoder.

Post the Youtube link in Savevid.com. After it located and download, it will offer you two files, flv. or mp3. (it is quicktime format.) You need a video converter to convert from flv or mp3 to avi or your choice of video format. Depend on the program are you using.

The best video converter program I had is Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate. It does have feature that allow you to convert from flv to any popular video format.

Savemedia can download videos from many websites and enable people to convert videos to audios.

Back