How to clear logical bad sector marks on partition table ?

highlands

Premium Member
Reaction score
I need help with how to clear (logical) bad sector marks form the partition table of my hard disk ?
Sometimes,the chkdsk utility scans the drive and reports that there are a few bad sectors (and put bad sector marks on partition table) and then I perform an advanced hard disk recovery utility like hdd regenerator . the software repair bad sectors and I test the disk via the software of the manufacturer . ( it is Hutil.exe for my Samsung sata2 hdd) the utility says that there are no bad sectors any more but there are still bad sector marks on the partition table made by CHKDSK.EXE :ugh3: How can I remove these 'unnecessary' bad sector marks from hard drive's partition table ? I tried to find any harddisk partition table editor or a smilar software but no luck ! :( The last time, I had to 'delete' all of the partitions of the hdd and repartition the drive and it was tiring :(

any help will be apreciated :)

All hard drives has bad sections. The hard drive manufactory company sections those off and make sure they would not be used by the computer. There is no way to get rid of those.

You can't fix bad sectors but you can sometimes get around them. Bad sectors are generally damage to the disk surface. Also, you could buy new hard drive, it's not that expensive anymore. :)

:hmm: thanks but I think you misunderstood me .Please re-read my question :)

try this "CHKDSK /F " ?

This will attempt to fix any errors and mark any bad sectors or blocks as bad so that Windows won't use them in the future

try this "CHKDSK /F " ?

This will attempt to fix any errors and mark any bad sectors or blocks as bad so that Windows won't use them in the future

Thank you but I need the inverse thing . in other words, I want to remove these bad sector marks on the partition table of hdd that made by CHKDSK !

it may be only way to remove bad sector mark if you format your hdd. i googled everything for you but they said no software can remove it if it is physical.

try give it go...
back up all your important files, app file, set up files, reg or key from regedit,
install windows CD, it will ask you to wipes off your hardrive or not, so click yes, carry on install windows cd

Actually I'm seeking for a harddisk editor or something smilar that would allow me to remove bad sector marks when it is not harmful .. and I am unlucky :rifle:
:giggle:

I had to repartition the hard drive again. What a bad luck :rl:

I've done repair hdd w/ bad sector before. What I did is to reformat and then use scrubber software to zero the hdd sector. Done twice and reformatted and repartitioned hdd. There were almost no bad sectors. But over the time on same hdd. It began to have bad sectors. It have to do with hdd problem, not software. There's nothing to prevent it. There are number of reasons, Is ur CPU vibrating?, moving CPU around while it's running, moving hdd while it is still spinning (like immedialy power off and rip power and IDE jack off and swap drive which is a bad idea), Certain software that cause crashes, CPU crashes often due to problemic OS, software or hardware. Hard Power off without letting CPU to power down on it's own (soft off from Windows power utility) and it's age. There are number things that can cause hdd to have bad sectors.

Rarely, some hdd brands cause many bad sectors becasue the way they made cheaply or poorly. So If your hdd continue to have bad sectors and growing. It's time for replacing hdd. Better back up ur precious files ect and get new hdd.

Soon, there will be a flash hdd w/o any moving parts to get damaged (no platters inside, just full of flash memory chipsets). They're expensive for 10gb. In near future, they will have MRAM drive that will not need moving parts either. It will become cheaper in the future. Currently, flash drive is a bit slower than regular hdd. Some people are trying to install Windows XP to 4GB pen drive. They will need to extract Windows Server 2003's USB driver that allows USB to stay on for booting up Windows. Because Windows XP "resets" the USB during bootup process causing problems. So the Win Server 2003 USB driver allow XP to boot up to desktop fully. Some succeed.

Good luck
Catty

Catty

Back