How to address a coworker faking her hearing loss

Yea really good public transportation but horrible living cost, that part is for ducky. but I heard the trains in portland are great. I have only be on the max up there a few time.

yea... the whole west coast is crazy expensive. New England is too in general... So... live in a cheap state with no public transportation or live in an expensive state with awesome public transportation. The only city I can think of that is somewhat reasonable on both is Philadelphia- I'm used to, and have used, SEPTA there.

yea... the whole west coast is crazy expensive. New England is too in general... So... live in a cheap state with no public transportation or live in an expensive state with awesome public transportation. The only city I can think of that is somewhat reasonable on both is Philadelphia- I'm used to, and have used, SEPTA there.

Yes, it looks like southern cities are better if you want to own a house, especially Atlanta.

but unlike in Seattle and Portland, public transportation in Atlanta won't take you to anywhere. I prefer to live in the house that is near to lake and not crazy about urban.

I am in a very weird and uncomfortable situation. This is about the workplace. And someone faking being deaf.

I have a coworker who is actually hearing and pretends she is deaf to her own benefit. Something was not right with her. She hears a lot better than most of the hearing staff and that speaks volumes. I am very profound deaf and a lot of hearing/other HOH/deaf coworkers have questioned her validity of being deaf.... She is proficent in sign language however will talk behind peoples back and undermine them and create stories to create drama. She has been caught in a series of lies. She is messed up in the head does not give me straight answers to her hearing test and give others different answer every time and it is starting to piss me off that she is playing the HOH card too frequently when caught with something shes not able to get out of. She thinks any male staff or customers are hitting on her constantly. She just needs a reality check but I do not want to start something that I get blammed for but what can I do as a fellow coworker seeing someone taking advantage of the system. She even has managed to get a VP and has never used it because she uses the phone perfectly any kind of phone she hears a mouses fart from upstairs....that's how creepy it is getting.

She can ruin your day...Only if you let her. She is who she is. It's how YOU deal with it that matters. You don't need an opinion here on how to deal with something at your work. It's not never good to give an opinion on something when you only heard 1 side of the story. Call Dr. Phil! :)

I was going yo suggest auditory processing disorder along with who knows what stew of emotiona and/or behavioral disorders.

Does this workplace exist primarily to provide a safe working environment for those with disabilities? Might explain why human resources and management tolerate a very high number of otherwise unacceptable behaviors.

It does sound as if the OP has allowed themselves to become the conduit thru which all issues concerning the bad coworker are directed. This can be very demoralizing.

Same job for 12 years? Way to hang in there! There must be something there making the job right for you... or was it, must have been?
It sounds as though the lady in question does her job well but back in the office she malfunctions where closer social interactions take place. There are people among us that haven't figured out all that social stuff and remain locked in the negative side of the middle school years. Often they are very lonely and their negative side efforts to fit in leave them on the outside looking in. Then they feel powerless but it comes out manipulative as Hell and there is power in it. The wrong kind. The years pass and they harden into what appears to be mental illness. Its not, but it is a giant pain to be around so the best rule is a constant awareness of how they are and find kind ways to keep your head on straight about them.

Back