how the heck does one deaf guy dates?

chris_goes_sign

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im new to this place, its pretty cool considering I never really got into deaf culture and what not. Anyway making this short and quick. How does the heck a deaf guy like my self go and meet new people and date? Cheers

Join, join, and join in any and all clubs and organizations that interest you. Also participate in church activities. Check with your local government clerk to see if there are any deaf organizations where you live or nearby. Also check with local colleges to see if they have deaf or hard of hearing communities on campus. Bottom line is the more active you are the more people you will meet. Don't let your deafness stop you.

Hi all,

Im new to this place, its pretty cool considering I never really got into deaf culture and what not. Anyway making this short and quick. How does the heck a deaf guy like my self go and meet new people and date? Cheers
Take an ASL class... there's a ton of mainstreamed and raised oral/hearing world people out there. I feel for you. Social issues are HARD, even for hearing people.

I've met a few really great deaf guys on gay dating apps. That might not be your thing, but straight apps may help. The deaf guys here put it in their profiles that they are deaf. So I've said hi since I'm learning to sign. So we've met that way.

Back