how old ....

mumofone73

Reaction score
hi there
im new to this site, i have 2 kittens 5 months old could someone tell me or email at my addy how old can they can preg they have just started going out in the garden didnt no if they r too young to have kittens

my addy is rach__1974@hotmail.co.uk

It would be vary by age...I think 5 months old is young... When cat start into a heat, keep her INSIDE! Or have her get spayed.

Enjoy the kittens! They are tooo CUTE! Any pictures?

mumofone73 said:
hi there
im new to this site, i have 2 kittens 5 months old could someone tell me or email at my addy how old can they can preg they have just started going out in the garden didnt no if they r too young to have kittens

my addy is rach__1974@hotmail.co.uk

too young. kittens needs to be spayed or neutred at least by 6 months. you do not need to breed or have them preggys because kittens would end up more kittens... ppl can't take all of them in... which is why you see so many animals in shelters

Agreed! Sad though!

downing said:
too young. kittens needs to be spayed or neutred at least by 6 months. you do not need to breed or have them preggys because kittens would end up more kittens... ppl can't take all of them in... which is why you see so many animals in shelters

thanks for the replys no little about kittens u see would i no when they r on heat tho

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Dont let them go outside and let them use the cat litter box for now til they are being spayed or neutured. Thanks you. I hate to see cats or kittens ended up in the shelter or put to sleep. It is not fair for them.

I used to foster a mother with her 5 kittens it was lot of work and all the kittens have a new home but I am not sure about the mother.

When the testicles of the male start to hang, time to have them snipped. Of course, this does NOT apply to humans. :D

>>>The female cat reaches sexual maturity within 6 to 10 months; most veterinarians suggest spaying the female at 5 months, before her first heat period. The male cat usually reaches sexual maturity between 9 and 12 months. <<

I read though,
that while it's rare some female cats can mature earlier than usual so I wouldn't let them out before spaying ..
also it's important to neuter cats too as they do contribute to overpopulation,
even though they don't bring kittens themselves..

Fuzzy

Back