How much...?

deafbajagal

Reaction score
How much do you pay for a babysitter? I'm curious...

Here in MD, it varies...my old babysitter, was $200 a week and I just found a day nursery in which my son will start tmw for his first day...$120 a week! That will help me so much cuz I was always broke from high daycare costs and high gas costs so now both costs have gone down, I am hoping to have the flow of cash I used to have before everything went up.

mostly babysitters can get pay around less $10.00 or over more money its dont matter how much money worth would be!

When i was little girls im staying with babysitters and the babysitters got more money about $40.00 or $50.00 dollars around.

mostly parents can give babysitters money how much money worth would be its dont matter how much money would be!

my goals for me in future IF my mom works at hospital and i would hires babysitters or my family to watch my own children somedays but im still worried about watch my own kids because babysitters who have boyfriends or calls on phone but no attention on my own children somedays. But i can fired babysitters PEROID! but i can hired my own mom or my own grandmother,my families to watch my own kids somedays when im away.But i can get as strict mother somedays remind of my mom.

10 seems to be the average of course you should take in consideration the expierence and if they are licenced through the red cross as a baby sitter and if they are licensed in child and infant cpr aed and first aid

10 seems to be the average of course you should take in consideration the expierence and if they are licenced through the red cross as a baby sitter and if they are licensed in child and infant cpr aed and first aid

red cross has a babysitter license program?? :scratch:

$10/hr? It is better than working at McDonald's. I see why most parents rely older siblings to babysit for them. :lol:

Daycare is $500 a week. Weekends or evenings are $15-20 an hour.

I've never heard of the red cross giving out license or certificates for babysitters. Could be they privide classes and training. College is where I got all my certificates and training for my CDA and Directors Certificate all come from the State of Florida and DCF.

I do know they train in infant and child CPR and first aid. It is something I feel every babysitter needs.

I used to be paid $20 an hour, but it also included swimming or piano and language lessons during the babysitting time, so I don't know how you would calculate that overall.

I've never heard of the red cross giving out license or certificates for babysitters. Could be they privide classes and training. College is where I got all my certificates and training for my CDA and Directors Certificate all come from the State of Florida and DCF.

I do know they train in infant and child CPR and first aid. It is something I feel every babysitter needs.

I think lil_country_gal misspoke. She probably meant that $10/hr is a reasonable rate for experienced babysitter who are licensed by Red Cross in in child/infant cpr and first aid. That would make more sense.

I think lil_country_gal misspoke. She probably meant that $10/hr is a reasonable rate for experienced babysitter who are licensed by Red Cross in in child/infant cpr and first aid. That would make more sense.

No I did not misspeak. $10/hr is average here for just a regular babysitter. But babysitters that go through the Red Cross Babysitters program where they are taught but no licensed in child/infant cpr and first aid, and taught age appropriate activites allergy stuff and you get a little card that says your a licensed babysitter through the Red Cross. How do I know this I took the class when I was 12. Than if they are licensed in Child/Infant CPR and First aid, they tend to charge around $13 an hour.

No I did not misspeak. $10/hr is average here for just a regular babysitter. But babysitters that go through the Red Cross Babysitters program where they are taught but no licensed in child/infant cpr and first aid, and taught age appropriate activites allergy stuff and you get a little card that says your a licensed babysitter through the Red Cross. How do I know this I took the class when I was 12. Than if they are licensed in Child/Infant CPR and First aid, they tend to charge around $13 an hour.

Red Cross have a babysitter program? interesting!

Back