How many of you have thick eyelids?

Only in Southern swamps. ;)

None in Chicago that I know of, unless they are visitors from outside our system.

V

Don't worry. THey won't survive Chicago winter. All Chicago residents including Mark and I are safe from them :)

that is what eyelids are designed for.... to block light while you sleep.... it's not because your eyelids are thicker than others... it's because you are probably a heavy/deep/quick sleeper who are simply not bothered by light.

some people are just light sleeper (how unfortunate) and they can be disturbed by any little thing such as light coming from doorframe, slightest vibration from people walking by, etc.

if I recall correctly... you are under medications. that probably explains why you are not bothered by light while sleeping.

for me - I'm a heavy sleeper and I sleep like a log. I've slept thru earthquake that struck east coast, heavy thunderstorm that shook earth, etc.

We had a huge thunder storm once and it woke up everyone in my condo .
I woke up the next day to find my dog Finlay wrapped around my head , he must had gotten frighten so badly and manger to climb on my pillow and I did not wakeup. Finlay was a 47 lbs Standard Poodle not a small dog . I slept though the storm and my dog on my head. I said that too about some people a light sleeper ,so I agree with your post and good point about the OP being under medications , some of them can knock you out like a light

We had a huge thunder storm once and it woke up everyone in my condo .
I woke up the next day to find my dog Finlay wrapped around my head , he must had gotten frighten so badly and manger to climb on my pillow and I did not wakeup. Finlay was a 47 lbs Standard Poodle not a small dog . I slept though the storm and my dog on my head. I said that too about some people a light sleeper ,so I agree with your post and good point about the OP being under medications , some of them can knock you out like a light

Like medications over 500 MG times 3

You've never been, have you? I've been to Brookfielf a couple of times, and they got some interesting animals there. However, the best one I've visited so far is the St. Louis Zoo.

Perhaps you could head over to a local machine shop, and have someone take a calipers to measure them.

Perhaps you could head over to a local machine shop, and have someone take a calipers to measure them.

Funny. I got the joke. Been working on recognizing jokes and sarcasm, and I'm starting to get better.

Some nights my eyelids are as thick as a person who has been constipated for the past three days, some nights they flap around violently at the slightest breeze.

Hilarious thread, you guys are a funny bunch!

it all called sleep hygine mine is bad I leave tv on yours also maybe bad if you are coping you should not have to do something you cope with...you cope with pain you enjoy relaxed sleep

we got some here at the DC Zoo too. It was a government secret and a few of them got caught. Now, they are on display at the DC under the close eye of the Pentagon officials. :lol:

Back