How long do you wish to live if you get a choice?

How long do you wish to live if you get a choice?

Votes: 2 7.7%

Votes: 4 15.4%

Votes: 3 11.5%

Votes: 8 30.8%

Votes: 1 3.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 3.8%

• infinite/forever/immortal

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters

deafdude1

Reaction score
Explain your choice. I would like to live forever(be immortal) because the universe/multiverse is infinite. There is an infinite amount of places to explore and things to experience and knowlege to obtain. There is infinite room for an infinite number of humans/animals/aliens/life forms.

no voting necessary. i only want to live long enough to die together. think that's good and long enough.

500 years would be good enough, not too long and not too short. I'd would say we'd have an oppurtunity to become truly wise and knowledgeable while not possessing the god-like omniepidemologically but in a humanist way and 'short enough' against immortality to experience the circles of life and death , we all have to die at some point....immortality is ridiculous along with an irrational fear of death , i suppose we fear because of our level of consciousness 'above animals' which why we -human set ourselves apart to have culture, i believe culture was born with this primate fear of death, but some might say why 500 not 1000 or not 10,000 ? i suppose but frankly im not prepared to look around this long UNLESS intergalactic travel IS possible with in the spance of 300-400 years from now....(and if i was born 200 years later from now) but with the now situation, say if a extension were cracked and made available in my reach id bd prepared to live to 500. blah thats all for now

Most all my family had had longevity lives. Great Aunt died at 104 yrs. old (oldest woman in N.C. at the time).....But I do not wish it upon myself! Growing old sucks....And no way would I be happy in a Nursing Home with tubes in my nose, or any artificial devices to keep me alive. Just wanna go peacefully in my sleep whenever my get up and go has become down and out and a burden on the family.

At what age that will be....?? I dunno.

I said 100. I think it would be selfish for someone to say that they wanted to live forever. People have to die; it needs to happen so there isn't an overpopulation of the Earth.

100 sounds like you'd be breathing with a tube. However, I wouldn't be 100 until 2093, and by then the average age of death will probably be 120.

70 -80 because I will be old enough to complete my life and see my grandchildren... but not too old where my children are getting old themselves and unable to look after me.

Unless I am REALLY healthy and so are my children, I wouldn't mind living up to 100

Infinity would suck, because you might have some painful disease, and you end up living forever with it.

I said 80 because with any luck I would retain my mental faculties and no one in my family would be burdened.

People in my family lived to be a hundred without much problem with the exceptions of those men killed in accidents like logging trucks and those shot by jealous husbands or posses.

When my mother was born there were no cars, televisions, airplanes, or radios. She saw it all come about and knew/dated some of the men who helped bring them into existence. She was a reader, as I am. She once said the biggest problem with being a reader is that by the time you've read all the great books of the world -- Someone has written more of them.

In my life time I've seen rocket ships, computers, the world wide web, the burgeoning sciences of nanotechnology, quantum physics, cloning, DNA manipulation, etc etc etc.

As long as I can read I will enjoy life.

I want to see what will happen next. And I'm sure when that does happen there will be something else that I will want to see next.

Dying doesn't scare me, it makes me sad: It is like going to sleep in the middle of a fascinating movie and you missed the ending.

I want to see it all.

I say 100 ONLY if I am mentally and physically intact. If not, pls throw me out in the desert on a hot July day and let me fend for myself. :lol:

I say 100 ONLY if I am mentally and physically intact. If not, pls throw me out in the desert on a hot July day and let me fend for myself. :lol:
There might be people getting your plane tickets tonight! :giggle:

I don't really know how long my body can stand to live long enough to be 100 years old. If the centurian can live a little bit longer than 100 but being old at 90 or 100 years old can be a pain in the butt. Most of them would rather die than live longer because their lives become useless or have many other ailments like Alzheimer's Disease.

Beside, life is a cycle and that is why we have circles all the time in our tradition. It goes from birth to death. Look at the 4 seasons that keep circling every year. The time goes fast. There is nothing we can do but do the best you can to live in the present every day of your life. :cool2:

Voted for 80 as I don't want to be a burdin on my kids. I am dealing with mother and MIL and I don't wish that on them. With my daughter learning problems, I want to be sure that there is always someone to help her. That's my main concern.

my vote would be 80-90 years old if i would survive as old woman..

What's wrong with dying at a young age?

You'd be immortalized as a fresh face, such as Marilyn Monroe ;)

Ah who am I kidding, I'd like to live long enough to use the senior citizen discount at a local diner :P

Back