How is your weather today??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, $#!t. Winter Storm Warning right now. I chose a very bad time to bike outside today. Kinda wishing I had checked that BEFORE I departed. :|

Update: Mainly it's for northwest IN, but it could still effect us somewhat, as that section isn't far from the city itself. It IS bitterly cold here-- 14 right now.

25 degrees but WINDY! I gotta hold my CIs in my hands when I'm outside so I don't lose them!

25 degrees but WINDY! I gotta hold my CIs in my hands when I'm outside so I don't lose them!

How about a knit cap to both hold them on and warm your head?

By the way, how is the adjustment to being bilateral coming?

For all of you getting this bitter cold weather and early snow....does this mean another horrible winter for you all?

It's sunny and warm here today. Sat out back, soaked up some Vit. D, birds are chirping etc.

Botti, I wish I could share some sunshine to make you smile.

Just about every Google response had this or something very similar in the part you can see right at the start of responses.
"The outdoor warning sirens are intended to be heard outdoors only."

The idea is for you to get inside and get more information from such sources as TV.

I do not watch TV when I am sleeping and I do not keep my TV all day . And you're wrong , the sirens for the nuke plant in NH are meant to be heard inside and outside . I know people that can heard the sirens while inside their house . This web site tell you turn on your radio when you hear the sirens . We have some in my city but I can't hear them while in my home. The nuke plant had test a every few years and I was home , the only way I knew they going off was that I saw Finlay move his ears just when they were set to go off.

http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/hsem/nuclearpowerplants/npseabrookeas.html

How about a knit cap to both hold them on and warm your head?

By the way, how is the adjustment to being bilateral coming?

I just bought a winter hat today actually. and things sound pretty good bilateral, sounds just about normal with both on.

For all of you getting this bitter cold weather and early snow....does this mean another horrible winter for you all?

It's sunny and warm here today. Sat out back, soaked up some Vit. D, birds are chirping etc.

I can only hope NOT! but who knows. It's Wyoming, we get crazy cold weather at random times.

Better not be!! It was bad enough last winter. Don't need a repeat of that. Speaking of which, here's something I saw earlier today:

http://www.qconline.com/news/local/...cle_26a794ca-ca76-5338-835a-43775ffc2f8f.html

Seems like IDOT took lessons from last year's brutal winter, and started getting ready earlier than usual.

Most of you would laugh at our "Sever Weather Alert" we just had.

My area is due to get .05" of rain tomorrow. 1/20th of an inch. Better get my boots, rain jacket and umbrealla ready. HAHA

lol Angel. makes me think of a time when we crossed the Wyoming/Colorado border, and the signs in Colorado had severe wind warnings. My grandparents and I laughed and thought "wind? this is just a breeze in Wyoming!"

lol Angel. makes me think of a time when we crossed the Wyoming/Colorado border, and the signs in Colorado had severe wind warnings. My grandparents and I laughed and thought "wind? this is just a breeze in Wyoming!"

I would die in your kind of weather. I like colder California weather, your weather no thank you.

I do laugh when a show here get's interrupted with a severe weather alert and it shows this huge storm coming with .05" of rain compared to what a lot of you are getting.

When you were talking about taking your dog out in -26º I told my husband. He told me that -40º a dogs pee would freeze before it hits the ground.:giggle:

yeah we get some pretty nasty bitter cold windy weather here, which sucks.

eep! and I was annoyed with having to put a sweater on my dog, and rubber booties, to keep him warm while out in the cold. but THAT cold, I wouldn't know what to do lol

Hey, you two. Try coming to Chicago when the winds are 50+ MPH. Not fun. And not enjoyable whatsoever, especially if it's this/cold, and snowy.

60 degrees - perfect day to go out road cycling :)

palomaresHILL_zpsfd1304bd.jpg

Frisky Feline, The 7 foot tall snow is front of your house door yet?

COLD and crystal clear outside. Next week, it will go back up to the upper 60s. Perfect because my hubby and I can have a fire outside.

Most of you would laugh at our "Sever Weather Alert" we just had.

My area is due to get .05" of rain tomorrow. 1/20th of an inch. Better get my boots, rain jacket and umbrealla ready. HAHA

Does that station cover an area with fire damage? If so, the warning may well be the result of possible mud slides on barren hillsides.

We do not have that here in Southern Illinois but I am under the impression that it does not take much when the ground cover has been burned off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back