How is your weather today??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure hope it does not come close enough for you to have to evacuate. But, just in case, have you got thing organized to do so?

We are about 50 miles from this current fire, not in any danger. It's in the mountain/forest areas where these fires are more common. The terrain is super steep up the hill which makes fighting these fires very complicated. People that live up there know the risks. Sadly the fires happen every year. The smoke clouds are unbelievable, look like huge thunder heads. We drove past this fire on Sunday on the way home from Tahoe.

However, tomorrow the winds are shifting and the smoke is suppose to be coming our way. I'm really hoping the firefighters can catch a break but it doesn't look like they will any time soon. Temps back into the 90's.

An update on the King Fire tonight. It has now burned over 70,000 acres, it is moving at a rate of 15 miles a day and the cost to fight it is 5 million dollars a day. A man has now been arrested for intentionally starting that fire.

Wow. That's too bad that it was started intentionally. Hope it does not get too close to you. Take care!

An update on the King Fire tonight. It has now burned over 70,000 acres, it is moving at a rate of 15 miles a day and the cost to fight it is 5 million dollars a day. A man has now been arrested for intentionally starting that fire.

Yeah, I saw that article abt $5 million/day and he was arrested. He is NOT from the fire area, he actually went there from Aptos, Santa Cruz. I can't explain how pissed off I am about him......hope the fire stops anytime soon.

Yeah, I saw that article abt $5 million/day and he was arrested. He is NOT from the fire area, he actually went there from Aptos, Santa Cruz. I can't explain how pissed off I am about him......hope the fire stops anytime soon.

I guess you have to be pretty sick in the head to want to cause this kind of destruction. I hope he rots in hell actually.

It's pretty smokey here today but less winds. Hopefully the firefighters will get a little more control of the fire today.

An arsonist is responsible for all costs associated with a fire they intentionally set if the court enforces it. But I don't think they'd ever recover that much if it runs $5 million a day.

An arsonist is responsible for all costs associated with a fire they intentionally set if the court enforces it. But I don't think they'd ever recover that much if it runs $5 million a day.

The guy that set the fire is a total loser. Has been in a lot of trouble. His bail is set at 10 million dollars right now so he won't be going anywhere. Obviously he doesn't have any money. The fire is getting bigger as we speak and his ass is sitting in jail. Should put him on the front lines and make him work these 24hr shifts the firefighters are having to do. Oh and make him do it in shackles.

3000+ firefighters and the cost just gets higher and higher. Lot's of folks losing their homes and 3000 people are still evacuated. Worst fire in that area in over 20 years.

Mid-60's, and a beautiful start to my day. Should be a fine day, although it was supposed to rain early this morning, but I think that was further south, as the ground is dry.

WINDY!! I'm at Adams and Wacker, and from Rogers Park Metra to here is two completely different things. None of this wind is up there. :|

Beautiful day for a walk along the river. Then home to mow the grass now that I got my mower back - again

It's 66 right now. Warmer than the 46 we had a couple mornings ago.

Severe Thunderstorm Warning in effect. Leaving here at 7:30 this morning was a good call.

On our way home just now there were huge lightning strikes right over the area where the fires are. Hopefullly they won't cause another fire.

Ohhhh thunder and lightning here now too.

The weather is not bad today. 70s. It got cold for a short time last night. I forgot to turn off the heater until now. Waste of money. Oops!

WOW what a difference, yesterday we were in the 90's, right now 69º. We had a little rain overnight too. Hope this helps the fires some. Suppose to get hot again over the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back