How is your weather today??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh really? That's too bad.

Surrprisely, for a teenaged mom who birthed a child with a "disability" my mom did so well with not being too oppressive with my deaf brother and I.

She did a lot with us despite not learning ASL. I have to applaud her for it but at the same time, I wished she had learned ASL so I wouldn't have been the interpreter all of my life for my deaf brother and hearing family members. Pros and cons...

You've no idea how lucky you are.

The fact your mother learned no ASL pales in comparison to not being allowed to ride a bike, not step foot into the street, and innumerable other overly protective rules I had to follow.

Oh really? That's too bad.

Surrprisely, for a teenaged mom who birthed a child with a "disability" my mom did so well with not being too oppressive with my deaf brother and I.

She did a lot with us despite not learning ASL. I have to applaud her for it but at the same time, I wished she had learned ASL so I wouldn't have been the interpreter all of my life for my deaf brother and hearing family members. Pros and cons...

My mom did not do any outside activities with us and dad was at work all day . My parents did not even know I was born HOH , mom never gave it any thought as to why I was talking so odd and not answering her and dad most of the time. I use to think I had 'another mother', that there some adult to take care of me and protect me from my abusive drunk dad. Man I kept waiting for my 'other mother' to show up and she never did.

You've no idea how lucky you are.

The fact your mother learned no ASL pales in comparison to not being allowed to ride a bike, not step foot into the street, and innumerable other overly protective rules I had to follow.

Yea, my mom let us run wild in the neighborhood with our neighborhood friends on our bikes from morning to nightfall, let us go swimming in different pools, lakes, rivers and go waterskiing, tubing on those same lakes and rivers.

My mom and dad were definitely awesome despite their shortcomings in other issues.

We did endure a lot of trauma from my dad's alcohol abuse and my mom's willingness to be a victim of the abuse from my dad and then again from her ex boyfriend.

Honestly, I have come to believe that there is no such thing as the perfect family and we just do the best with whatever family we have and be grateful for them despite their shortcomings.

My mom put me in swimming lessons when I was barely 2 years old. Swimming is a big part of Arizona culture.

I took swimming lessons at about that same age at the YMCA. they are normally group classes but my mom got me private lessons with the instructor. That was fun, I still sort of remember it.

Still very pleasant and not raining. Temperatures in the seventies.

Its hurricane right here at this moment. Might see Authurs.eye less than half an hour.

Exciting, eh?

Its hurricane right here at this moment. Might see Authurs.eye less than half an hour.

Exciting, eh?

I heard about it too and it will probably hit or flood my birthplace city (New Bern).

So cold, next week further down South of Western Australia will have snow on the mountains.

Gonna be more colder when I go to work on midnight. Brrr.

Bye Arthur! Seems as if nothing happened. Only few minor damages and minimal trees.down.

Aurthur's outer bands are here and little windy. Kinda chilly as well.

HOT but breeze....bad for fires. Hope people are careful with their fireworks.

Same here. It's nice.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

By noon, it became this absolutely gorgeous day! Perfect perfect temps and levels of humidity.

Same here it felt like fall. A little wind too.

Yea, and the cool/warm temps fooled me into feeling comfortable and I forgot to re-apply the sunblock. Now, I have a little sunburn. GRRR!

By noon, it became this absolutely gorgeous day! Perfect perfect temps and levels of humidity.

I agree. I was thinking it would be nice if the whole summer was like yesterday. Today is supposed to be nice too. Will take advantage of it to do my yard work.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back