How is your weather today??

Status
Not open for further replies.
We send a lot of our water to the Los Angeles area. They get even less rain then we do. We depend on the snow pack in the Sierras for our summer water since rain between April and October is rare. We are definitely heading towards another drout year. Haven't had water restrictions in quite awhile. Hopefully we will have a rainy February and March so we don't have to make cut backs in our water usage. Water rates are already high.

My backyard daffodils are sprouting! It's too soon!

It's going to be 50 here tomorrow, after last week when it was 50 below.

I don't remember such a big contrast in as week's time period before.

It's 40degrees here today - yesterday was 43. Western Australia was the hottest place on the planet...

It's 40degrees here today - yesterday was 43. Western Australia was the hottest place on the planet...

40 Celsius.

That's 104 F.

43 C = 109 F.

The US is the only country (or one of the few) that uses Fahrenheit rather than Celsius. We also don't use the metric system like the rest of the world too. When I talk to people outside of the US, I have to think of their metric system and use Celsius.

Warm and sunny. No complaints here.

Dang black ice is back, and more slicker than ever.

Yesterday there was one, only one, lightening strike near us. Saw the flash & then after a second or two, a loud boom. I shut down my computer expecting a storm, but that was it.

53F this morning.

Last night I didn't know it was pouring rain. I had my window open from beautiful day earlier and the rain came in all over my window sill and carpet. I didn't hear the rain and thunder. Consequences of being deaf...

Then I go to the door and see a package by the door soaked! Sigh...

It was so nice for a 5 block stroll in DC today. Yes, it was in the 50s but with the right clothes, not bad at all!

Wirelessly posted (ZTE X501 Phone/Asus Tablet)

41 tonight and WINDY. Went food shopping and nearly melted my ice cream. Never do that again.

It's going to be 50 here tomorrow, after last week when it was 50 below.

I don't remember such a big contrast in as week's time period before.

It was 72 and sunny today :)

In November we had a drop of over 50 degrees over night. One day it was 80 the next day was high of 25 o_O with the windchill it felt like 17. Those might not be exact numbers because I forget exactly :) but it was freaking crazy.

It has stayed fairly cold since then, not as cold, but cold. Today had been the warmest day since that freakish change.

Here has been enjoying 60's last week and this week will be breaking into low 70's with sunny. California is starting to have water restrictions in many areas because lack of rain.

Here has been enjoying 60's last week and this week will be breaking into low 70's with sunny. California is starting to have water restrictions in many areas because lack of rain.

I have not heard about the water restrictions yet, but I knew they would be coming. Not good, no snow to ski, no lake water to water ski and boat. Really hope we get a couple really, really big storms.

It may come soon.. and people may not be allowed to water their grass, wash their cars, and being asked to reduce water usage.

After dry spell, get ready for water restrictions

I have not heard about the water restrictions yet, but I knew they would be coming. Not good, no snow to ski, no lake water to water ski and boat. Really hope we get a couple really, really big storms.

What? You must be close to Death Valley? :lol:

Last weekend was warm, and I cycle 25 miles today. We are expecting 70's on this upcoming week.

What? You must be close to Death Valley? :lol:

Last weekend was warm, and I cycle 25 miles today. We are expecting 70's on this upcoming week.

I'm 2 hours away from death valley, does that count? :P

Monday will see a high of 41, and Tuesday will see a high of 35, with possible snow totaling between 1-3 inches, and then Wednesday will see a high of 20 degrees (Welcome back winter; now go away), and Thursday will see a high of 33, and Friday will see a high of 18. The lows aren't as bad as last week, thankfully. Still cold, but at least bearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back