How is your weather today part II

mostly cloudy 4 degrees Hope it goes up to 13 degrees!!

Typical Midwest winter day - mid-20's, slight amount of snow on ground.
My folks and I are going to see a movie.

Earlier, ChicagoBlue - you wrote about seeing the Chicago River Museum - did you go?
What is it? Never heard of it yet.

FF - 4 degrees! We had that recently - glad today is NOT.Hope it goes up for you too!

Botti, are you going out today?

Snowing and blowing!!!!

I see you did not lose your power , that is good . How much snow did you get so far , we got about 2 feet so far . It's hard to tell b/c wind is blowing is around like crazy . I got my dog and I thought I was getting snow blind b/c it's so white and bright . It won't stay that way for long. My dog will be dying is yellow . :giggle:

Typical Midwest winter day - mid-20's, slight amount of snow on ground.
My folks and I are going to see a movie.

Earlier, ChicagoBlue - you wrote about seeing the Chicago River Museum - did you go?
What is it? Never heard of it yet.

FF - 4 degrees! We had that recently - glad today is NOT.Hope it goes up for you too!

Botti, are you going out today?

Hey, Dogmom. The Chicago River Museum is a museum that celebrates the history of the Chicago River. It's located right on the Chicago Riverwalk, and to better answer your question, here's this:

http://www.bridgehousemuseum.org

Hope that helps.

It's 24 here, but should warm up in a couple of weeks-- hopefully.

I see you did not lose your power , that is good . How much snow did you get so far , we got about 2 feet so far . It's hard to tell b/c wind is blowing is around like crazy . I got my dog and I thought I was getting snow blind b/c it's so white and bright . It won't stay that way for long. My dog will be dying is yellow . :giggle:

Power still on here, like you say so hard to tell how much snow is out there. Hubby is out now plowing with his antique garden tractor. Sometimes I can't even see him it's blowing snow so hard, then it lets up a bit.

He will have to do this a few more times before it's over. We are expecting 18-24 inches.

I'm busy today making one of my Project Linus quilts for the Barbra Bush Children's Hospital in Portland Me.

We're expecting a coating to an inch or two Thursday night. I better go stock up...

(hey, Dec 2013 we got around 6-7" when they were calling for only an inch or two)

It's 74° here in LA. I never forget my old hometown in NJ. Too damn cold for me.

:wave:Mark, :ty: for explaining and the link, I'll look at that!

My dad was born and raised in Chicago and loves to reminisce about it, maybe he'd like to see the link too-

It's 74° here in LA. I never forget my old hometown in NJ. Too damn cold for me.

changing-bad-habits-woman-sticking-tongue-out.jpg

I am jealous! lol

:wave:Mark, :ty: for explaining and the link, I'll look at that!

My dad was born and raised in Chicago and loves to reminisce about it, maybe he'd like to see the link too-

Yeah, he might. That's one of the first things I plan to do when they open for business in May. Only question is if they'll open before or after my return trip to Oak Lawn. That's what I need to know. :|

Well, I hope you get to go when it works for you.
Maybe they have hours on the website?

Well, I hope you get to go when it works for you.
Maybe they have hours on the website?

Usually, yes. Because they're closed for the season, the hours won't be visible until they do open. I know that several musuems do post their hours of operation on their websites. That's how I knew Adler closes at 4:30, and it's also how I knew Shedd and the Field Museum are both open 9-5.

Ohh I see, it's useful to have hours posted online.
I'm continually amazed at the number of museums Chicago has.

Today weather is again seasonable for Midwest, mid-20's

Ohh I see, it's useful to have hours posted online.
I'm continually amazed at the number of museums Chicago has.

Today weather is again seasonable for Midwest, mid-20's

So am I. I've already been to the Museum of Science & Industry, Field Museum, and I have plans to eventually return to Shedd and Adler, possibly soon. I also plan on returning to the Museum of S&I, in March. That, and I also need to go to the Chicago History Museum on Clark, too. The Field Museum has a full month of free days, starting Sunday.

Last edited:
:DMark - sounds fun!

Shedd is one of my favorites.

Today mid-20's - strong but brief flurries a while ago, hard for hubby to drive to work, but clear now.

:DMark - sounds fun!

Shedd is one of my favorites.

Today mid-20's - strong but brief flurries a while ago, hard for hubby to drive to work, but clear now.

Oh, it is. It's fun learning how to get there and all that. That's part of my learning how to travel to new places this year. :P

Today's temperatures is supposed to be 34, but tomorrow, when I head out to Niles, it will be 23. Not cool. Wish I could switch those two.

Back