How is your weather today part II

WOW things are getting very bad here in Northern California. Six million people are under severe flood watch. One major river rose 32 feet in less than 24 hours. 120,000 people without power, shelters are open and rain continues to fall steady. The Sierra's are getting tons of snow, wind gusts as high as 147mph at the summit with white out conditions etc.
Luckily for us, we live up on a hill and are not in any danger. All this rain will definitely help with the drought situation. More rain due all next week.

I just saw that on the news ! They're getting mud and rocks slides the house are being buried and the Russian River was flooding . If we had a storm like that when I was living in Northern California the cabin I was rented would fallen off the hill it was on and the dirt road would had washed away in no time. I had to move b/c the road was starting to wash away from a normal winter rain . Poor California , first droughts then fires and now this. Be safe!

Clear, but we're expecting more storms. Lots of rain, flash flood alerts are in place for the whole area. Luckily I'm on higher ground than a good chunk of the area here.

still feels like winter here and its already been 2 week in the summer months, everyone here in NZ is not impressed.....people wearing winter/spring clothes......I am!!

Look's like the sun is trying very hard to come out. No rain right now which is great. People need a chance to clean up and get ready for next weeks storms. My area got over 4" of rain in just 24 hours, some areas a lot more. We need a lot of snow in the Sierra's as that is what helps are drought situation.

still feels like winter here and its already been 2 week in the summer months, everyone here in NZ is not impressed.....people wearing winter/spring clothes......I am!!

Join the club..... had that happen last May, and a good portion of June, too.

Right now its it's 44 outside, and quite mild. :P

Foggy and warm. It's 47 now. Very unusual for Minnesota this time of year.

Yes, sun here too, which we haven't seen in a week or more. Getting ready to head out for a nice walk.

Beautiful sunny day for our drive to San Francisco Bay.

In about 5 hours my daughter will be here......super excited!!!!!

Beautiful sunny day for our drive to San Francisco Bay.

In about 5 hours my daughter will be here......super excited!!!!!

Enjoy your time with her. Aren't daughters fabulous?

0002075C.gif

Enjoy your time with her. Aren't daughters fabulous?

Thank you.....

Yes, I am blessed with two beautiful daughters and an amazing son. This daughter I haven't seen in almost 1&1/2 years. Wish she was coming home for good, but 2 weeks will have to do.

A 56 degree heatwave. It's like a balmy spring day.

I took my scooter out and checked on the neighborhood. The mall was so packed with traffic, I didn't even try to go in. Did stop at a neighborhood fast food restaurant for a hamburger.

If every day could be like this I would think it was paradise.

A 56 degree heatwave. It's like a balmy spring day.

I took my scooter out and checked on the neighborhood. The mall was so packed with traffic, I didn't even try to go in. Did stop at a neighborhood fast food restaurant for a hamburger.

If every day could be like this I would think it was paradise.

And I just noticed that to top it off you found a happy "Hello Kitty" in the right size for your avatar!

Back