How do you solve a problem about learning in college?

ykj19940711

Reaction score
I am a hong kong student who quited college. I am hoh.(please see my past post)
I did not understand to use hk sign language and i listened english to be not good somtime.
I learned biotechnology in college of applied science. Since i learned to be tired and not happy, I realized that learning science in hong kong isn't suit hoh students. My hoh friends told me that hong kong don' t has hoh students about science to graduate successly.
I tried to ask about the note typist. College said no the services. I required classmates to help writing professors' talk and reviewing. They ignored me so i have laboratory phobia for mixing in hearing people.
I can not forgot the bad memories. I like natural science so much. What would you do if you was me?

Today, i got a letter about reinstatement of registration. I hate the chem and microboloy professors so much. I don't want to learn in hong kong. I am learning asl to RIT but i am still afraid.

Have you looked into coming to America or the UK to study? I understand your English isn't very good but it might be easier

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AllDeaf App mobile app

Yes, i want to learn in RIT but family don't support me and they hope me to reinstate my study.

Oh I am sorry. I understand the family support, I have had that problem for a while. I don't know how to help. You could go against your family and hopes it all works out. Or take your families advice and keep studying in HK, or..... take a break take a breath and think about your next move.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AllDeaf App mobile app

You having it rough.How politically motivated are you because sometimes one person has to be first make changes and you be surprised how many are in your position and little by little they join you.
Not easy but you graduate level more capable than many failing that try Europe or US scientist wanted every where

You having it rough.How politically motivated are you because sometimes one person has to be first make changes and you be surprised how many are in your position and little by little they join you.
Not easy but you graduate level more capable than many failing that try Europe or US scientist wanted every where

Thank you for your replying. I knew that little by little them join my position when i successly to be a science lab researcher. But i feel it is difficult.
I don't agree that i am more capable than the Europe or US scientist because deaf or hoh students become scientists by RIT. Besides, i still be worry about reinstatement my study in hong kong because i think that hk EDB may don't offer some the better services to deaf or hoh students who learn science.(i have to speak that no any deaf or hoh them gradute successly.)
I knew a good female hearning teacher who is teaching me drawing. She suggest that i ought to try to learn design because it helps me find more good jobs making money. Than, i may have a chance to learn in RIT. i am still thinking her speaking.

I could understand your frustration on not getting special needs to have Hong Kong Sign language and to get note takers so that they can help you. It sound like your college are not deaf or hard of hearing friendly. That is really rough. Is your college the only one in Hong Kong? Are there other colleges that are friendly to d/Deaf or Hard Of Hearing? If none of the colleges are not meeting your needs, then maybe you might come to United States to attend either RIT or Gallaudet University. You are going to have to do paperwork to come into the United States and to register for yourself into one of the colleges. Is there a counselor in your college that you can talk about transferring to better college where you can learn having a HK interpreters and note takers. Also make sure they have opened or closed captioned (reading sentences on the bottom of the screen) films on T.V.

I hope you will find a way to get your needs so that you can study and learn the courses. It is a rough thing being in the hearing society. You are not the only one, we all have difficult getting our needs in the hearing society, too

:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum. :wave:

Cool, I have went Florida with family just last summer. ;)

Thank you for your replying and your heed. I think that returning to college is improssible because they didn't do your demand or ways that i tried. For example, my chem professor didn't reparing documents about speaking all experiments' principle or how to think this experiments' homework. I tried to request him about it but he said that it was unfair for other students after he grave me one time. Finally, he still talked after we finished this experiments. I found him when he was free but he did't like to teach me such as his hands into pockets and no writing his speaking about this course.
Did you know me how to preview courses? First, i read all courses' note which all student can dowloaded. Second, i must practiced speaking and listening about the note's content because of understanding all professors. So, i didn't have enough time.
Although i had a teaching assistant from this college, she though that the best way is learn english speaking and listening. She still teached me them.
I have been thought Gallaudet University but there are few applied science. RIT has a lot of them.
I want to learn in RIT very must. i only pay a lot of money. I don't konw that having application for paperwork in RIT. so, how to have it? Thx.

I could understand your frustration on not getting special needs to have Hong Kong Sign language and to get note takers so that they can help you. It sound like your college are not deaf or hard of hearing friendly. That is really rough. Is your college the only one in Hong Kong? Are there other colleges that are friendly to d/Deaf or Hard Of Hearing? If none of the colleges are not meeting your needs, then maybe you might come to United States to attend either RIT or Gallaudet University. You are going to have to do paperwork to come into the United States and to register for yourself into one of the colleges. Is there a counselor in your college that you can talk about transferring to better college where you can learn having a HK interpreters and note takers. Also make sure they have opened or closed captioned (reading sentences on the bottom of the screen) films on T.V.

I hope you will find a way to get your needs so that you can study and learn the courses. It is a rough thing being in the hearing society. You are not the only one, we all have difficult getting our needs in the hearing society, too

:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum. :wave:

Thank you for your replying and your heed. I think that returning to college is improssible because they didn't do your demand or ways that i tried. For example, my chem professor didn't reparing documents about speaking all experiments' principle or how to think this experiments' homework. I tried to request him about it but he said that it was unfair for other students after he grave me one time. Finally, he still talked after we finished this experiments. I found him when he was free but he did't like to teach me such as his hands into pockets and no writing his speaking about this course.
Did you know me how to preview courses? First, i read all courses' note which all student can dowloaded. Second, i must practiced speaking and listening about the note's content because of understanding all professors. So, i didn't have enough time.
Although i had a teaching assistant from this college, she though that the best way is learn english speaking and listening. She still teached me them.
I have been thought Gallaudet University but there are few applied science. RIT has a lot of them.
I want to learn in RIT very must. i only pay a lot of money. I don't konw that having application for paperwork in RIT. so, how to have it? Thx.

That's tragically normal, I am struggling with the very same situation.
Big hello from the other side of the world!

Back