How do you sign...

Hey, I have a question-

How do you sign "on a condition?"

Hey - I have looked in a lot of places and can't find this. My son is bugging me. Is there a sign for Constipation? If there is, what or how?

Of course, though I can't believe I am bored enough to answer. :lol:

The right hand thumb is thrust up twice into the little finger side of the clenched left hand. (The bowels are backed up.)

The right hand thumb is thrust up twice into the little finger side of the clenched left hand. (The bowels are backed up.)

You left out the appropriate facial expression! :lol:

He will love it!! Thanks!!

Depends...but most times it is "with the understanding blah, blah, blah".

Ok, what about the phrase- "on condition"?

For instance, He said that he'd help mopping the floor on condition that he would get free movie tickets.

Ok, what about the phrase- "on condition"?

For instance, He said that he'd help mopping the floor on condition that he would get free movie tickets.

How about, "if" at the beginning? If or "understand" that you will get movie tickets for mopping.....

There are several ways to convey this...

How about, "if" at the beginning? If or "understand" that you will get movie tickets for mopping.....

There are several ways to convey this...

Oh, that will definitely work. It does make sense. Thanks!

Hey, I have a question-

How do you sign "on a condition?"

I love the way sign language handles "If -then" situations -- But it is not a sign.

For example:

Dominant side, "Room sweep" (Eyebrows up) Passive side "TV" (Head nod).

Would mean in English, "If you sweep your room then you may watch TV."

Another:

dominant side, "Study" (intent expression), directly in front of yourself "Good grade" (Pleased expression), on your passive side "Become control person" (Superlative expression).

Would mean in English, "If you put everything into it and study hard --- And make good grades --- Then someday you will become the boss."

Gotta love it.

Back