How Do You Rate Your Education System?

AND, how right you are!
It is the parents who FEED the child
It is the school that educates the child
Where the school HAS to feed the child, less money and time for education
More time for the parents to sleep in the morning and send the child off to school hungry and, because the parents don't feed the child, more food for themself
Nevertheless, a hungry child does have problems learning and becomes a discipline problem at school due to non-caring parents. Which in turn goes back to the original OP that education today is worst, BUT not because of the schools more the teachers, it is because of the parents.

AND, how right you are!
It is the parents who FEED the child
It is the school that educates the child
Where the school HAS to feed the child, less money and time for education
More time for the parents to sleep in the morning and send the child off to school hungry and, because the parents don't feed the child, more food for themself
Nevertheless, a hungry child does have problems learning and becomes a discipline problem at school due to non-caring parents. Which in turn goes back to the original OP that education today is worst, BUT not because of the schools more the teachers, it is because of the parents.

So, the child should starve because it's their parents' fault?

I would imagine with the ever increasing unemployment rate in the US - childhood hunger is becoming a bigger issue. I've certainly seen firsthand in Alabama extreme poverty as in families living in a two room shack with no electricity and sometimes even no indoor plumbing. I've seen houses half falling down with families living in them.

Poverty and hunger is a very real problem and thank god there are people out there who prefer to feed the child, not let them starve because of their parents' actions or inactions all of which the child is NOT responsible for.

One would think from rolling7's posts that he's endorsing child starvation to punish the parents.

It depends on the location, public or private, and to what time period you are making the comparison. If I make a comparison, it would be with public schools of the 1950's-1960's because that's what I attended. I attended schools in the Northeast and West, which I would compare with where I live now, which is the Southeast.

What I can say is this: I'm not impressed with public schools in South Carolina.

I live in a every well off small seaport city and you would think our schools would be have a good sat score range. Our high school was done over and it cost over 2 millions $$$ but the school was given a notice to get it grades up or lose money!! The school high had a great principal , he was from out of state and he was putting the kids education before football and all the locals where up in arms about this! They felt the guy should be able play football no matter what their grade where! The kids really liked the new principal but he felt like his hands where ties and being an outsider did not go over too good with all the older timers! I was so upset the guy was driven out as my daughter did not get to have him as her principal. Another school hired the principal right away . I would rate my school system as closed minded !

I'm endorsing one person getting their shit together and being prepared for the future BEFORE taking on the responsibility of another person. Then these two bang their heads together and get their shit together BEFORE they get comfortable banging other parts of the body and bring a third person into the equation. Here is a thought: men think with that brain that is upstairs and not the one in the basement and women always think with their legs closed together.

The third, and fourth, and etc. person will then be planned AND FEED!

rolling7 - so what do you propose then, that everyone wears chastity belts and not have kids without the government's approval?

Right now, there are hungry kids. They need to eat. It's too late for their mommas to close their legs or their daddies to get their brains out of the basement.

Why the hell do we need the government in the bedroom?
My proposal is the couple bring the "right" reasoning into their life even before getting to the door of the bedroom. What the government has put out for all to see is:
"XZ% (I forget the #) of mothers have not been married. AJ% of all children have a single parent household." and other depressive and negative numbers that only point to one thing, and one thing only, action before thought. It is suppose to be the other way around.

Here is a chance for all ADers to post their thought

DeafCaroline has stated: Right now, there are hungry kids. They need to eat.

Who should feed these children? I say the parents. Can there even be another possible answer?

Here is a chance for all ADers to post their thought

DeafCaroline has stated: Right now, there are hungry kids. They need to eat.

Who should feed these children? I say the parents. Can there even be another possible answer?

Of course the parents should but if they can't or don't? what then? let the child starve?

Of course the parents should but if they can't or don't? what then? let the child starve?

Glad you agree with me that it is on the parents. Knowing I should answer your questions, I'll hold back and let others get involved in the discussion and post their respond before mine.

Well, I know the fact that most deaf schools actually has improved their education. The mainstream school actually has deteriorated recently. It has gotten to point where deaf schools are actually better than mainstream schools in terms of education.

Anyone who is interested, read "Dumbing Us Down," by John Taylor Gatto. Pretty much spot on when it comes to the problems with mainstream schools.

I went to school in one of the 30 largest school districts in the country, and while there are certainly some crappy schools in our district, I do believe that it is a solid system. Aside from traditional schools, there are magnet programs at all levels for arts, sciences, gifted, etc. We have two IB high schools with a third in progress. And for a "back to basics" approach we have several Fundamental schools that stress increased responsibility, required parental participation, and higher standards of behavior. Aside from that, all high schools offer a selection of Advanced Placement courses. While the AP tests normally run about 60$ each, here in FL the test is free when you are enrolled in the course, so even for lower income students the opportunity to take more college preparatory courses is readily available. For non mainstream kids, at each level the county has a designated school with strong programs and support for the deaf, blind, etc. The county isn't as rich as Lee or Collier counties, but with 70+ elementary, 20+ middle, and about 18 high schools, choices for an individualized education abound. As for private and charter schools, I can't say much for or against the local options.

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

Back