how do you feel about having a long-distance dating/relationship?

mihyeharuka

Reaction score
i like to know what you think and how you feel about handling a long-distance dating/relationship. do you believe in having a faithful and trustful with this person thru the long-distance? if you have a sweetheart who lives in the other country and you live in the united states, you guys madly love each other. but how do you think if your sweetheart wants you to move to her country to live with her? is it tough to answer? hee...hee... :boink:

Kevin is about 430 miles away from me, but I trust him completely. How could I not? He'll be moving to Ohio with me in a few more months, and I'll be MUCH happier then.

As for another country, I guess it would be a hard call... Is it a neighboring country, like Canada? Do they speak english (or ASL) or are you at least fluent in the language of that country? And are you sure that this is the person for you? If it is, then go for it. I'd move the NJ for Kevin after I finished school if that's what he wanted, I know it's not another country, but you know what I'm getting at. :D

i'm speaking of long distance issue.....

i'm happy for you to have kevin. *thumb up* i'm sure you guys will be much happier getting together in the same place.

according to your question, let me tell you something. see, i've fell in love with someone really special. i have loved her very much, however, it is kind of hard for me to deal something with an international long distance thing. i have visited her in central europe twice this year. i know it costs me too much to come up there again and again. she wishes to visit me here in the u.s., however, she won't be able to afford paying a flight ticket for the u.s. due to her financial difficulties. plus, she begged me to live with her in central europe. i would love to, but in the other way, i'm too scared to live there, because i know the deafies in europe are still struggling with their needs, financial thing, and so on...unlike the deafies in the u.s. i have seen them there already. it made me feel very pity and sad to see how hard and suffer they have been raised with their living. see, she could understand english well. i know some international sign language and study german language. so, i know it is still been very hard for her to see when i'm with someone else here locally. i just hate that feeling, because it's very mixed feelings for me to have an hearie girl locally and a deafie girl internationally. oh, boy. that's not really easy for me. :(

I had a long-distance relationship. It didn't work for me. My ex and I were together for a couple of years. He got a good job offer in a different state, about 850 miles from where we were, and I already had a very good job. We had many discussions about what we should do. At one point, I almost decided to move with him, but I couldn't leave my job. Finally he took the job offer and we decided to give the LD thing a try. It lasted only a few months. We had other issues when we decided to break up, but I hated that LD thing. For me, it was too much work...trying to maintain communications between us. Physical intimacy was, and still is, important to me...not just having sex, but also hugging, kissing, talking to each other in person, waking up together, etc. It was hard to do those because we visited each other once a month.

I wouldn't rule out seeing a person if he is within a few hours driving distance. If I am able to see him on weekends, I am all his. :D

I see these numbers, 430 miles, 850 miles.. Makes my distance look stupid. My non-bf is 90 miles from me, and that itself is a little hard. I dont have a car, but he does. His parents live about 25-30 minutes from me so when he comes up, he can stay with his parents. (This was before we got really involved, now im hoping he'll stay with me.) But I dont mind it, i trust him, even tho I've had a bad experience with some sort of LD relationship, it takes a lot to trust someone - but.. i dont know :) I trust him, and he's finally learning to trust me (his bad experience is worse than mine... ) so yea.

2 years ago, I met my man in Colorado, he had to go back to Oregon to do errands and planned to move Colorado to be with me and his own business. From Colorado to Oregon, it's about 1500 miles away. It was tough on me at first since I never had long distance relationship before but it was challange and faithful. I do completly trust him when he was in Oregon. So he moved Denver to be with me and still together ever since for 2 years. Sometimes, he went back to Oregon to visit his family alone, honestly, It drove me crazy because I miss him and be with him. So far, I got used to it to have "short long distance relationship" with him such as one months or less.

I cant handle business LD i must who girl live in texas area. I willing to drive there at least 10 hrs. if i really in love with her.

Re: i'm speaking of long distance issue.....

Originally posted by mihyeharuka
i'm happy for you to have kevin. *thumb up* i'm sure you guys will be much happier getting together in the same place.

according to your question, let me tell you something. see, i've fell in love with someone really special. i have loved her very much, however, it is kind of hard for me to deal something with an international long distance thing. i have visited her in central europe twice this year. i know it costs me too much to come up there again and again. she wishes to visit me here in the u.s., however, she won't be able to afford paying a flight ticket for the u.s. due to her financial difficulties. plus, she begged me to live with her in central europe. i would love to, but in the other way, i'm too scared to live there, because i know the deafies in europe are still struggling with their needs, financial thing, and so on...unlike the deafies in the u.s. i have seen them there already. it made me feel very pity and sad to see how hard and suffer they have been raised with their living. see, she could understand english well. i know some international sign language and study german language. so, i know it is still been very hard for her to see when i'm with someone else here locally. i just hate that feeling, because it's very mixed feelings for me to have an hearie girl locally and a deafie girl internationally. oh, boy. that's not really easy for me. :(

Yeah...I've been in that situation before...I was living in California when I met my future husband online (he's from Australia). We talked, emailed and called each others on phone for over 4 months before he flew over to California to meet me.
Then we had to be apart for 4 months as I couldn't move to Australia straight away until I got approved from the Australian Consulate and get a Prospective Spouse Visa to move legally.

I've been married for almost 5 years now and living in Australia...will be 5 years in August. :)

Goldie

I'm in a relationship with someone who lives about 2.000 miles from me. Of course, this really sucks big time, but the good thing is that this person will come see me in a month's time. Then I will move to where he lives. Then I can kiss the LD status away.

Originally posted by kuifje75
I'm in a relationship with someone who lives about 2.000 miles from me. Of course, this really sucks big time, but the good thing is that this person will come see me in a month's time. Then I will move to where he lives. Then I can kiss the LD status away.

Good onya...... :)

LD sucks, but it's worth it at the end. :)

Goldie

Last edited:
Long distance relationships are hell HARD! When you are in a LD, you never know if your partner is sleeping with another girl behind your back... that's from my recent experience...

i dont like LD relationship, period. i have had some dates with gals from different states. it really sucks... i decided not to do again. now i date someone from here.

ive been in LD relationships too and yes i agree with all of u on how HARD it is -- but i think it all depends on WHO ur partner is and if that person is the kind that u can trust not to be cheating or whatever and i also think another thing that would help is the partner's maturity in approaching LD relationship as there are ppl out there who simply cant handle it and cheat on their primary relationship with other people and lack of communication

i personally dont have a problem with LD relationships if the relationship continues to be on stable grounds and above all be honest with eachother and talk abt things openly

ive been in situations where a partner thinks i was cheating when i hadnt and it goes out in cyberspace saying i am the "bad" one cuz i cheated blahhsie :roll: i notice that happens when the partner HAS cheated and dont want to admit to it so blame the partner who has NOT cheated for cheating -- how mature is that qq :roll:

that can definately kill off the LD relationship in NO time flat cuz theres no trust there nor is there communication to express their feelings -- those who just clam up and refuse to talk are the hardest ppl to communicate with *sigh* and on top of that i have also noticed that other ppl who apparently gets jealous of the couple would go around saying shit and in the end cause the break up cuz 1 partner believes the rumors and refuses to talk abt the rumor to the partner directly preferring to :bowdown: to rumors than to get them all validated

I have been in long distance relationship myself and they don't work very well for me, I have been in one mess after another but internet relationship isn t all that great to be UNLESS u trust the person and she trusts u, thats important is to base ur relationship based on trust not on lies.

my last GF i met her online, she lived 2 hours away, we were togeather for 3 years, i put sooo many miles on my car :D, during she went to school ended up being even further in the oppisite direction, did that stop me? hell no, distance is all a state of mind i guess, i mean i still saw her as much as possible

basically if im not working or at school im there baby

now if its so long u cant see each other often, ten whats the point? u arent togeather ur close friends sorry, or youre a "relationship on hold" and u just havnt relized it yet

Sometimes I have hardly to believe in long distance relationship becuz I'm soo afraid if that guy will have cheat on me or liar to me everytime about what did he did or what was he doing. That's really hardly to trust him but I know I do trust him so much and I still love him soo much in my whole heart. When I moved out to Austin Texas from NJ, I was spending time with that guy and when I'm in Austin, Texas, once time I asked him for out with me but it doesn't work out for me. So we had to talk too much about long distance relationship and we had a deal then we decided to got together again. -sigh- I was over with him becuz I feel not right when we're on long distance relationship... like that I don't want to be complainer or under stress if I really wanna see him so badly OR I have no chance talk to him if even I'm tooo busy in school and work.. you know what do I mean? SO that's hardly for me!!! :( We still love each other and keep in touch each other.

Originally posted by mihyeharuka
i like to know what you think and how you feel about handling a long-distance dating/relationship. do you believe in having a faithful and trustful with this person thru the long-distance? if you have a sweetheart who lives in the other country and you live in the united states, you guys madly love each other. but how do you think if your sweetheart wants you to move to her country to live with her? is it tough to answer? hee...hee... :boink:

I met my husband online via an IRC chat channel called 'Deaf' on efnet. I lived in Santa Rosa, California and my husband lives in Scoresby (outside of Melbourne), Victoria, Australia (14,000kms away)
Andy came to visit with me for a month in February '98...then had to return to Australia as he had to go back to work and I had to stay behind and wait for my visa that'd allow me to enter Australia legally and get married legally.
It took 17 weeks before I was granted the prospective spouse visa...during that space of time, Andy and I wrote a letter to each others every week and every day an email or 2...called each others at least twice a week. :)
Now nearly 5 years later, we're still happily married. ;)

Don't you hate it when you post an almost similar post in one thread? I forgot that I already posted a similar one, but much briefer and less information. :P
Pardonez moi..will have to double check before I post, in case I ALREADY posted, hehehe! :Oops:

I don't mind to have long distance if you put faith with someone who you cherish for.

However, it depend how distance it is. 5 hours is very acceptable. Why? I would able to see more often. Possible 2 or 3 times a month, compare (for example) fly from Austin to Denver which anyone would want to do once within 2 months, depend on individual budget who willing.

Back