How do you deal with a smelly co-worker?

Well, you know...I liked the way my supervisor handled it....he did not point out anyone with a "body odor"...he just held a small meeting, and advised us all not to wear perfume or heavy cologne...so no one was "actually" pointed out....he made it clear that some did have allergies, as he did himself.

Well, you know...I liked the way my supervisor handled it....he did not point out anyone with a "body odor"...he just held a small meeting, and advised us all not to wear perfume or heavy cologne...so no one was "actually" pointed out....he made it clear that some did have allergies, as he did himself.

that's a good tactful way to do it but if the problem persists..... then the supervisor needs to do one-on-one privately and discreetly.

When I was health aid I worked with a other health aid that had a client with really bad BO . That health aid would put Vick in her nose so she could not smell her client! I never tried this , I would think it would burn.

When I was health aid I worked with a other health aid that had a client with really bad BO . That health aid would put Vick in her nose so she could not smell her client! I never tried this , I would think it would burn.

Morgue does this. My friend does this too at morgue.

As a social worker that may have to visit a "smelly" home of a client. Someone taught me to carry cough drops. I have heard of Vick trick too.

As a social worker that may have to visit a "smelly" home of a client. Someone taught me to carry cough drops. I have heard of Vick trick too.

cough drop? ah - to breathe thru mouth. yuck.

Depending on cough drops, it can masks the odor too, by making your sense of taste and smell focus on cough drops instead, I think.

Or...it just make it more tolerant working with clients regardless of atmosphere it delivers, I guess.

Depending on cough drops, it can masks the odor too, by making your sense of taste and smell focus on cough drops instead, I think.

Or...it just make it more tolerant working with clients regardless of atmosphere it delivers, I guess.

feels bad, man.....

I have a better solution. If that person keep wearing cologne, or never shower for two weeks or whatever. Bring skunk in your office, and you wear gas mask, everyone out of the building and you're the only one who is getting paid. :lol:

Wirelessly posted

Eww the smell of skunk is bad! Lil'Bit chased after a skunk thinking it was a cat and poor me it was early 4 am I smelled it! Too late he was a happy dog wagging his tail and it costs us a lot of headache to wash him over and over. Now he MUST be leashed no more chasing after everything! Giving me a heart attack....

I know someone personally who is smelly all the time. People complain about him alot. I know him all my life from Elementary to high school, They complained back then, and they complain now. He used to work with my husband... We all say, "We like him, but gosh...if.he. would. only.take. a. bath" I think he is depressed and get sluggish about taking care of himself.

Drop him or her an anonymous note or email. Be polite and hopefully they will do something about it.

Make sure to arm yourself with glade air freshener and you'll be OK :)

wow that is not good pretty sound hear not good health!

I almost never get smelly even I'm sweaty afterwards....well....I almost never sweat. xD

Back