How do you cope with LOUD tinnitus at night?

Well, at one time I resorted to slapping myself in the head and telling myself to "shut up!"....Tennitus replied back...."Make Me!"....:giggle:

Have had tennitus so long...mind over matter has worked for me at times....exhausting myself before bedtime too....

Well, at one time I resorted to slapping myself in the head and telling myself to "shut up!"....Tennitus replied back...."Make Me!"....:giggle:

Have had tennitus so long...mind over matter has worked for me at times....exhausting myself before bedtime too....

i know......its horrible.....the bloody nooise!!........

I have to tell mine to change the station. Having musical tinnitus is not always easy. I get awakened by the 1970's rock blasting away, get up, look in the mirror and say"Change the station and turn the volume down", get back into bed and I will have classical, or soft country going.

I have to tell mine to change the station. Having musical tinnitus is not always easy. I get awakened by the 1970's rock blasting away, get up, look in the mirror and say"Change the station and turn the volume down", get back into bed and I will have classical, or soft country going.
:laugh2:

I have it every single day, it's rough! I can mask it with my hearing aid on most of the time, but with it out its all I hear is the ringing sound and its extremely annoying. What worries me is when the hearing aid no longer benefits me one day, how will I deal with the ringing sound that I can't mask out?

I have it every single day, it's rough! I can mask it with my hearing aid on most of the time, but with it out its all I hear is the ringing sound and its extremely annoying. What worries me is when the hearing aid no longer benefits me one day, how will I deal with the ringing sound that I can't mask out?

Is there a pill that can at least subdue it somewhat?

I have terrible tinnitus. It'd 2:30am and I can't fall asleep because of it. I have every known sounds all at the same time.

I have terrible tinnitus. It'd 2:30am and I can't fall asleep because of it. I have every known sounds all at the same time.

Pretty bad, Angel....can you take a sleep aid?...Mine is "ringing and zinging" today...Stayed up very late last night and slept good...but got up late also...

I can tell you, as one who does not have a hearing aid, over time, as long as you are busy and active, the tinnitus does recede to being background sound in the head. I hear mine blasting right now as I am not really busy, but when I am even folding laundry or watching TV, a lot of times, I don't notice it.

I can tell you, as one who does not have a hearing aid, over time, as long as you are busy and active, the tinnitus does recede to being background sound in the head. I hear mine blasting right now as I am not really busy, but when I am even folding laundry or watching TV, a lot of times, I don't notice it.

Yeah....get busy...and ignore it is about the best thing to do...*there is goes again*..."Zing, zing...zinging"....

During the day I can deal with it even though my house is totally quiet all day. When I'm trying to fall asleep there is no way to ignore it. I have started sleeping with my CI and I plug into my phone. I listen to the Beatles, it sounds like crap but it does work at times. Better then counting sheep from 1000 down to zero and still not asleep.

yep...it's hard to fall asleep...sometimes I try to listen to some music before bed; I can't sleep with my hearing aids in- way too uncomfortable blech. But that doesn't always work as sometimes the music makes my tinnitus worse lol. Lately its been better but it did act up last night.

Thankfully no personal 'concerts' lately...

Back