How do you become deaf?

Born Deaf out of blues! There was absolute nothin with with me or mom. No one before in my generations had there been a deaf person! Whoo Hoo, first one for my generations ;) No one else is deaf in my whole family.. get kinda of boring at home..

:deaf is :cool:

:fu2: hearing peeps

I become deaf when i was 3 years old, that time i have a hight fever that how i become deaf

Almost forgot....I'm the only one in my immediate family who's deaf, but my dad has a cousin who is deaf and went to Clarke School in Northhampton (near where I attend college)

I was a Hearie till shit happened... got sick and lost the rest of my hearing over time. Learnt to sign @ 12 yo.

:fart:

Ahh, wow You guys have many different causes how became deaf. Ahh my childhood/teenhood life was complication and horrible. Well, I was born hearing. Till upon I was 18 months old, I had DTP Vaccines. I got fever after shots. I lost my hearing and became hard of hearing. Most of my childhood was Hard of Hearing, that I can hear almost as hearing. My mother didn't accepted my hearing loss, She took me many different places and hoping for a cure.. :roll: Like Healers, Drs, almost you can name all places, even went up on stage at 700 Club/PTL club <snickers> I never forget one time, I was so tired of my mom being treated me like that so I *pretend* that i am cured! after I fell down on the stage (you know holy spirit went thru you, you faint) hehe so anyways, Till I was about 14 years old, had accupunture treatments. My mother thought it was working, but it wasn't working. It caused my hearing lose more. Why did my mother thought it works because I speak very well and clear, (when i talk little loud i speak well).. After I volume up on my hearing aids. I told my mother that i dont want go back to that treatments. Ofc, she threw fits, still stubborn and dragged me there till i stood up on dr and take hearing test to prove that i am not wrong.. Good enuff I was right.. the last song I heard was Elvis "Tender my Sweet", and same year he died too.. so ever since I have been deaf, I threw away my hearing aids 10 years ago. it gave me mirgraintes! :)~

:dance:

Originally posted by TexDeafies
I become deaf when I was born. The doctor found out that my nerve inside my ear has been damaged after I was born....

Same as mine.......

Me became deaf when I was 1 years old, even best of doctors don't know what happened. Just basically shorted itself out.

born deaf, but NONE of sickness.

All over of my families are hearing. I am still researching on my genes and heredity. even, family tree. I havent found a person whos deaf. but I am too damn proud to be deaf.

<----- Rubella Kid My mother got rubella during 7th month preggy with me. Therefore, I born DEAF. But my family did not know I am deaf till I was one year.

born deaf cuz of my genetics! my parents actually celebrated for me being deaf... the doctor was really shocked that my parents is FUCKING happy!

Summer between 6th and 7th grade. 11-years-old. Summer football program. Head/Neck/Spine injury. Slow, graduall decrease in my hearing since then.

8th grade. 13 years old. Went to ISD. Learnd to sign there.

Since most people aswered that they were born deaf or it happened in early childhood, I feel extremely lucky. I becane deaf in my right ear when I was 26 and lost the hearing in the other ear just a year ago from Autoimmune Ear Disease

Back